Brigs

MisterGryphon

At the end of a conversation, the speaker will typically say his name, recite a quote of personal significance, and frequently express his religious affiliation.

My very favorite part of The Culture of the Elimbie is this one.

Signed Gryphon, a proud homeschooled, white, straight male who loves Jesus very much.

"Pbbbbt"

Quisoves Potoo

While many of your criticisms are certainly true, I'm not certain of the significance of attaching them exclusively to the Lego Message Boards, when they stem from problems in no way exclusive to or necessarily caused by Lego communities. For all the babble, there some Elimbiers possessed of lucidity, even if they only amount to a sizable minority.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, you aren't criticizing them for stating their religious affiliations, are you? There is a fine difference between agreeing with a person and tolerating his opinions. It seems rather intolerant to criticize a person for merely stating his opinions.

Quisoves Pugnat, as a satirical work, this assignment was to greatly exaggerate the insensibilities of a particular community, and I was most familiar with the LMB; it is certainly true there are other communities with the vices I mentioned. And of course this article stereotypes the greater community, I am aware many visitors of the LMB are sane. On the last comment, I'm not criticizing those who mention their religious beliefs, but it seems a bit void of context in a LEGO forum where nobody is even allowed to have a deep religious and spiritual conversation. I am a Christian myself, but I usually don't mention it unless it's relevant. In fact, I personally quite enjoy civilized religious debates. 

• Like 1

Haven't read this yet, but, make me admin of the LMB and I'd be able to fix that place up tight.

It is located three tabs east of the Home

I lost it xD

Quisoves Potoo

Quisoves Pugnat, as a satirical work, this assignment was to greatly exaggerate the insensibilities of a particular community, and I was most familiar with the LMB; it is certainly true there are other communities with the vices I mentioned. And of course this article stereotypes the greater community, I am aware many visitors of the LMB are sane. On the last comment, I'm not criticizing those who mention their religious beliefs, but it seems a bit void of context in a LEGO forum where nobody is even allowed to have a deep religious and spiritual conversation. I am a Christian myself, but I usually don't mention it unless it's relevant. In fact, I personally quite enjoy civilized religious debates. 

That makes sense. I wasn't criticizing the writing of the assignment itself, which is most certainly good, simply wondering about the necessity of focusing on the LMBs in particular. But I think you answered both of my questions satisfactorily. Thank you.

The elite of this society are the moderators

As far as I've been able to tell from my regretful visits to that community, I'm not sure if the policies LMB's have are simply bad or if it's the terribly chosen 8 year old moderators.

• Like 2

As far as I've been able to tell from my regretful visits to that community, I'm not sure if the policies LMB's have are simply bad or if it's the terribly chosen 8 year old moderators.

I think this sums up the LMB's policies quite nicely:

• Like 6

I think this sums up the LMB's policies quite nicely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKMZZqE_40

wow... thats, thats it right there.

• Like 2

JrMasterModelBuilder

This is awesome! So much truth in this satire topic.

The LEGO Message Boards, The (Short) Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EST12p1fWPk

• Like 2

Haven't read this yet, but, make me admin of the LMB and I'd be able to fix that place up tight.

I hear the ban-hammer swinging already.

I think I would actually enjoy fixing that place hahahaha.

Elimbie discussions can be quite incomprehensible to the unaccustomed listener, as they speak an extremely devolved form of English; many in the community possess immaturely poor grammar and pronunciation, not to mention their neglect of critical accents. Frequent users of onomatopoeia, the Elimbiers enjoy denoting sounds, particularly explosions. The people are known to yell extensively and make bizarre facial expressions to convey a point. As an example of the latter, in accompaniment of a humorous, sarcastic, or absolutely ridiculous statement, the speaker will stick his tongue out at his listeners. For some reason, this expression generally does not offend onlookers. At the end of a conversation, the speaker will typically say his name, recite a quote of personal significance, and frequently express his religious affiliation.

You need to put a disclaimer saying that you cannot be sued for accidents involving a) laughing, b) choking, and c) falling off the chair. :P

Seriously, that was hilarious. :D

By the way, did you notice the eloquent spelling and grammar these mods have?

*whistles nonchalantly* :P

Thanks you, Brigs, for providing such a riveting insight and documentary of this strange and mysterious world known as the Elimbie. You sir should recieve the Nobel Prize of Sanity for being able to provide us with such a documentary and coming out unharmed. skype-wackyb-0137-clapping.gif

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.