Running Lego Island 2 without bob/bod files (nearly)

aidenpons

Okay, read the title.

HOW TO DO IT:

1. Extract all .bod/.bob 's using the converter here. Once you've extracted them all to _data, you MUST move the folder 'BrickMorph' to somewhere that isn't there.
  2. Remove all original .bod/.bob 's EXCEPT the 'BrickMorph' ones.
  3. Run Lego Island 2!

I'm not sure if this happens to anybody else, but having a 'BrickMorph' folder in _data causes the game to crash when I load a game. Note that you can hide it in another folder - I created another folder called 'BMorph' and put the folder in that.

Now you don't need to recompile your .bob/.bod's every time you do something! (Well you do need to do it for BrickMorph, but... :P)

Whatcha talkin 'bout here?

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

By the way, I think that when you extract a .bod/.bob archive into the game's '_data' folder, the game should read those files, instead of using the archive.

This is correct. If you leave LI2 running while you change some textures, when you go back to the game you'll see those new textures.

As these posts from 2012 show, it's not as complicated as you seem to be making it out to be (BrickMorph what?). Just extract the stuff and you're good to go. Did you break something somewhere?

Good job aidenpons! :thumbs_up: This isn't exactly >new information (you may have already know that ;)), but there was no dedicated tutorial on it like we have for Racers, Racers 2, Rock Raiders...

Quick tip: Use legomoes >updated tools. They are much better, and might fix the BrickMorph error you are having. Things like that can occur if the extraction process was not correct or some other error occurred.

EDIT: jamesster, you need to change your avatar to a ninja. Seriously. :P

EDIT 2:

Whatcha talkin 'bout here?

As these posts from 2012 show, it's not as complicated as you seem to be making it out to be

Uh, so? As I said, we have topics on how to run other games without archives, why should this be any different? No, it is not new information at all as you rightly pointed out, but who would know to look there, considering the steps for other games can be easily found in dedicated topics? There was no harm done by aidenpons making this. In fact, it actually is a good thing as it makes the modding directions more uniform across sections.

• 4 years later...

And how do i have to extract all those .bob/.bod-files. Your link to the programm leads me to the same site. Suprise! It's this site!

15 hours ago, NH3 said:

And how do i have to extract all those .bob/.bod-files. Your link to the programm leads me to the same site. Suprise! It's this site!

Looks like this thread's links got mangled in a previous site upgrade...
Here's what you're looking for:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.