Custom Monsters Idea

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

While Looking through the data in the lego.cfg file an idea occurred to me that if the PS1 monsters were added back in it would (at least to me) seem pretty ridiculous to have them eating crystals like the rock monsters or sucking power like the slugs. So, what if someone found a way to mod it to have them eat Ore instead? I think that would be especially fitting for the Rock Whales if they were somehow added in.

:):P

*cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wzEpMJlaSk

And no, monsters cannot be coded to eat ore. It's hard-coded into the game. We can change some things like how many crystals they will eat before escaping into a wall but it's very limited.

• Like 2

RockRaiderWolf

*cough*

And no, monsters cannot be coded to eat ore. It's hard-coded into the game. We can change some things like how many crystals they will eat before escaping into a wall but it's very limited.

Ahh I figured it was unlikely that could be done. as for the rock whale I just did not see a topic for it in the Custom Monsters Forum so I assumed it had not yet been done for some reason. Although if you ask me the color is off, it would look better to me with the light brown coloring seen in the PS1 game. just my opinion :P. thanks for responding :)

EDIT: Ah that explains it. also been meaning to ask, is it possible to import the maps from PS1 game? I saw that in the dropdown of the map creator but could not figure a way to use it.

P.S. I posted another topic around the same time I'd really appreciate a response to it as well if you have the time.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Edited by RockRaiderWolf

Actually, I was making the rockwhale for Lair to use in Return to Planet U and I was going to make greenish and brownish textures for it when the animations were done. But Lair went AWOL so I never finished it. I may finish it one day and release it to the public. The walking animation is complete but it is missing a few things.

but it is missing a few things.

Such as...?

We don't need much except a stand, crumble, and move animation.

Of course, seeing as you have Lightwave, I'll be only too happy if you release more animations...

• 2 months later...
RockRaiderWolf

an Idea occurred to me. one of the things mentioned as needed was a crumble (I assume that means death?) animation. well would it be possible to modify the already existing animation used for beaming raiders/vehicles/buildings to use for this purpose? story could e that the bodies are being collected for study?

That's a good idea. The only problem with that is that the animation will be interrupted if the monster takes additional damage while the crumble (death) animation is playing. But it's certainly possible.

The only problem with that is that the animation will be interrupted if the monster takes additional damage while the crumble (death) animation is playing.

And that happens when...?

I've never seen a monster hit while it's crumbling.

RockRaiderWolf

That's a good idea. The only problem with that is that the animation will be interrupted if the monster takes additional damage while the crumble (death) animation is playing. But it's certainly possible.

hmm... maybe to help avoid that the animation could be sped up a bit then? 

The only problem with that is that the animation will be interrupted if the monster takes additional damage while the crumble (death) animation is playing.

It can happen if you have multiple raiders shooting at one monster, or if you modify the fire rate for handheld weapons.

RockRaiderWolf

It can happen if you have multiple raiders shooting at one monster, or if you modify the fire rate for handheld weapons.

It Occurs to me maybe the part where the "body" is slowly raised up could be completely cut out so all you see is a short 1-3 second Teleport beam? that way maybe if it does get interrupted or something the body would already be gone? Im not sure how the interruption works exactly. 

It Occurs to me maybe the part where the "body" is slowly raised up could be completely cut out so all you see is a short 1-3 second Teleport beam? that way maybe if it does get interrupted or something the body would already be gone? Im not sure how the interruption works exactly.

As far as I understand interruptions occur when an action takes place faster than the engine can cancel previous actions, and so the new animation is played instead of the previous one since the engine is tricked into thinking that a unit is still alive when it's not and plays the damage animation, for example.

At least, that's how I thought it was.

RockRaiderWolf

on the topic of the lasers... I read someone suggesting that they wish raiders would be able to prioritize and attack the monsters closest to base first. well I just wish that they could attack the monsters closest to THEM first....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.