A Quick Question

Quisoves Potoo

Quisoves Potoo

It would appear, given the lack of reference to terrain files in Lego Racers 2, that no one has yet identified them. I should like to know if this is indeed the case, as I have identified them, but would rather not make a mountain out of a molehill.

Quisoves Potoo

Identifications of them? I haven't seen any posted, nope.

Thank you very much. Well then, it seems I have made a breakthrough. I shall devote a topic to it soon.

Origamiguy found them and cracked their format quite a while ago actually, though I dunno if he posted a topic for it. He posted some images on Skype and the shoutbox.

• Like 1

Origamiguy found them and cracked their format quite a while ago actually, though I dunno if he posted a topic for it. He posted some images on Skype and the shoutbox.

Hiya, it's me.

"I have identified them"

If by that you mean "I found which files it is", then a condescending "congrats, so did everyone else" is in order.

If you mean you've made some progress on the internal data format, then I'm interested.

I've made a LOT of progress on the terrain files (*.TDF). Jamesster is correct in saying that I posted images on Skype and the shoutbox; I managed to pull out heightmap data, normalmap data, and as of tonight, texture blending data. I haven't documented the data structure yet, but I'll get to it this week. There's still a lot of unknowns in the format that need addressing.

TLDR: I haven't made a topic for them yet, I will do this week because I've got a lot to share.

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

Hiya, it's me.

"I have identified them"

If by that you mean "I found which files it is", then a condescending "congrats, so did everyone else" is in order.

If you mean you've made some progress on the internal data format, then I'm interested.

I've made a LOT of progress on the terrain files (*.TDF). Jamesster is correct in saying that I posted images on Skype and the shoutbox; I managed to pull out heightmap data, normalmap data, and as of tonight, texture blending data. I haven't documented the data structure yet, but I'll get to it this week. There's still a lot of unknowns in the format that need addressing.

TLDR: I haven't made a topic for them yet, I will do this week because I've got a lot to share.

Alas, I meant the former. I'm afraid that your coding skills are far more advanced than mine. The only piece of possibly useful information that I might give, is that the tdf files seem to determine the lighting for texture patches (something I noticed after splicing one-half of the Adventurers tdf with one-half of the Sandy Island tdf and replacing the normal Sandy Island tdf with the result.) Of course, you likely already know this, as you have figured out the texture blending.

I look forward to your topic on the subject.

Fluffy Cupcake

The only piece of possibly useful information that I might give, is that the tdf files seem to determine the lighting for texture patches.

Thanks for the info. Well I guess that means I can't fix this yet. There are some lighting in the WRLs, but I guess that is where the remaining is. Just tested, that still is not the problem.

You know, even when you are done with the TDF, there is still the corresponding "OCCLUSION DATA" to look at that goes with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.