RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

le717, it's no problem, I enjoyed hosting these servers for others to enjoy! Don't worry, your excellent house will be shown in the tour video. ;)

Shadow322, I guess that's up to Phoenyx now as to who can play on the servers.

Xiron, similarly to above it might be that the server mods as they are currently will be dissolved when Phoenyx takes over, I'm not sure what's happening in that respect.

That server will be a Spigot server running Multiverse

Does that mean we can have my LEGO Island map reincorporated into the server? :af:

Hey, I remember that thing. I'll definitely add it in. Actually, if anyone has any maps they've made that they want added to the museum server (which I previously referred to as the legacy server), just let me know.

So um... I feel that I'm not really really a part of this forum that much anymore, it's good to see some people again and such... what I'm asking is, even though I'm not an incredibly active member of the forum, is it really alright that I still used the MC server? There really isn't any other fun survival servers out there anymore that I can use otherwise.

I vote yes on this.

Edited by Phoenyx

Here's a video of the server party, tour and race that we had!

I got bored of the same transitions so went a little crazy half way through the tour. Also I through in all sorts of random music before the race at the end.

A big thank you is due to everyone who played on the servers and made them the awesome worlds that they are! I've enjoyed hosting these worlds and am overjoyed that they will continue on in Phoenyx's hands.

For those who wish to download the worlds the links are here: Creative | Survival. I can't guarantee that they will be there forever as they are big - 1.2GB for Creative and over 350MB for Survival.

Thank you again,

JimbobJeffers

• Like 3

Thanks Phoenyx, glad I can stay.

Also it sure looked like a missed a ton of stuff at the server party, I'm so sad I didn't know.:cry:

even though I'm not an incredibly active member of the forum, is it really alright that I still used the MC server? There really isn't any other fun survival servers out there anymore that I can use otherwise.

Hmmmm. Server mods, is it huddle time?

So wait, are we considering mods or plug-ins?

Fluffy Cupcake

Looks like you guys had fun!

The resource pack and whatever client side mods you used sure enhanced the video JJ!

Hmmmm. Server mods, is it huddle time?

So wait, are we considering mods or plug-ins?

In this case mods = moderators, not mods = modifications.

I assumed you were going to tour the Creative server, so next-time you see the 'The RRU Server' TLM-Logo rip-off you'll probably understand why theres an arrow under it reading "Tour!!" (I don't have an image, sorry)

Shadowblaze

Nice, I didn't know the server had so many awesome builds. :)

What's the name of the shader you're using, Jimbob?

EDIT: Oh hey, 1000 posts!

I assumed you were going to tour the Creative server, so next-time you see the 'The RRU Server' TLM-Logo rip-off you'll probably understand why theres an arrow under it reading "Tour!!" (I don't have an image, sorry)

Unfortunately I won't be touring the Creative server, although both servers are shut down now anyway. I figured that there weren't significant enough changes to most builds to make a second tour worthwhile. Sorry!

I'll just copy over what I said to someone else in a PM. :)

"I'm using a shaders mod along with a texture pack to produce that appearance. It seems a little tricky to install at first, just follow the instructions in this video. The packs are:

You need a pretty powerful computer to use them though, I have 16GB of RAM and a 4GB video card so my PC can handle simultaneous playing and recording nicely."

Shadowblaze

I'll just copy over what I said to someone else in a PM. :)

"I'm using a shaders mod along with a texture pack to produce that appearance. It seems a little tricky to install at first, just follow the instructions in this video. The packs are:

You need a pretty powerful computer to use them though, I have 16GB of RAM and a 4GB video card so my PC can handle simultaneous playing and recording nicely."

Ahh, that's why you can use the shader. I knew that mod doesn't have an update for 1.8.7, I was trying to understand how you were using it. :P

Whew, that's a lot of RAM. Mine is 8 GB. :P I guess I'll not use the texture pack, and stick with just the shader. Maybe I'll try one which isn't as resource intensive.

I imagine 8GB would be enough for you to run it if you wanted, I think that's what my brother has in his PC and it works fine. The video card is probably quite important too though. No harm in trying, right?

Aww, you used GEMA protected music in the tour video, so it's blocked in Germany :(

Any chance that you could upload it again without music, or royalty-free music instead?

Edited by RR Rocks

Shadowblaze

I imagine 8GB would be enough for you to run it if you wanted, I think that's what my brother has in his PC and it works fine. The video card is probably quite important too though. No harm in trying, right?

Alright then, I'll try. :) But as a new snapshot is coming next week, probably, I'll wait until the next UHC or something.

Aww, you used GEMA protected music in the tour video, so it's blocked in Germany :(

Any chance that you could upload it again without music, or royalty-free music instead?

Certainly! I've deleted the original and re-uploaded the new one. It's been edited into the post. :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Because it is legal for ears in one country to hear music but illegal in another. Silly protection laws.

Certainly! I've deleted the original and re-uploaded the new one. It's been edited into the post. :)

Thanks! Looks like you guys had fun during the beginning of the party, too bad I had to bail so soon. The Enderdragon fight was good though, so I can't complain too much.

Actually, it just occurred to me; why is there still a RRU MC Fourm if hardly anyone uses or checks it?

Link; http://rrucraft.proboards.com/

I've closed off all the sub-forums (or at least I think I have), so it's just there for archival purposes now. For example, the UHC results are posted there.

Anyone know the progress on the new hosting?

I'm still looking at midrange desktops for a dedicated server box. If anyone has any suggestions I'll take them, so long as it isn't Dell or Alienware. (I'm not a fan of those two brands)

Edited by Phoenyx

Anyone know the progress on the new hosting?

I'm still looking at midrange desktops for a dedicated server box. If anyone has any suggestions I'll take them, so long as it isn't Dell or Alienware. (I'm not a fan of those two brands)

Oh thanks for the info, I can sit patiently now that I know that. I don't have any suggestions for desktops by the way, sorry for that.

I'm still looking at midrange desktops for a dedicated server box.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to build the computer yourself? You won't be needing anything more than the CPU's built in graphics if all it's doing is being a server.

I'm still looking at midrange desktops for a dedicated server box.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to build the computer yourself? You won't be needing anything more than the CPU's built in graphics if all it's doing is being a server.

It would, but there's nowhere that carries the parts I would need in the area. I'd have to order the parts online.

Edited by Phoenyx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.