RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

The Ace Railgun

Mods would be nice, i'd love to see the 3DMG mod on there, the Mystcraft mod and Industrialcraft would be awesome to have as well. Maybe even that Rock Raiders mod and the Portalgun mod.

Fluffy Cupcake

Mods would be nice, i'd love to see the 3DMG mod on there, the Mystcraft mod and Industrialcraft would be awesome to have as well. Maybe even that Rock Raiders mod and the Portalgun mod.

As nice as they are, those mods are probably too advanced (maybe not 3DMG, which I never heard of until now, but whatev).

The Ace Railgun

those mods are probably too advanced (maybe not 3DMG)

Oh yeah I guess Mystcraft would be pretty complex, though I think there is a server friendly version and the 3DMG just adds some Maneuvering gear from Attack on Titan so...not complex. The RR mod shouldn't be that complex though, I think it only adds a few items and blocks.

I've added a poll to to the topic, hopefully it covers enough bases :) Although personally I think it'd be best to avoid big mods such as the ones used in Tekkit.

On an unrelated note, I think I may know why the server keeps crashing. The memory keeps filling up to 100% and when that happens everyone disconnects, I've set it to automatically restart every few hours if no one's online but clearly that hasn't solved the issue. If anyone would like to contribute to upgrading the server then please let me know, hopefully that'll prevent any more crashes :)

Hey Jimbob, can you add a selection to the poll for a neutral vote? I don't care what happens with the server as long as I can get on it.

Hey Jimbob, can you add a selection to the poll for a neutral vote? I don't care what happens with the server as long as I can get on it.

Sure thing, I'll do that now :)

• Like 1

Whoops, I almost forgot about this poll. Judging by the evenly-distributed results, I think it'd be fair to upgrade the server to a Bukkit server with some plugins and a couple of mods - that way those who didn't want an advanced server won't 'suffer' too much while the people who did still get to, to some extent.

Although I've looked through several 'Top 100' lists and all that, I'm not sure which mods and plugins people would prefer for this particular server, so if you'd like to suggest a plugin or a mod then please post it and link it below. :)

The Ace Railgun

I'd like the Portal gun Mod, and the 3DMG mod the most, Maybe Mystcraft as well though.

Portal gun Mod: http://minecraft66.net/portal-gun-mod-for-minecraft/

Mystcraft mod: http://www.minecraftdl.com/mystcraft-mod/

3DMG Mod: hikoukiMOD [1.4.4_1.0.0c]. zip

Oh Also the Timber Mod: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/timber/

I'd like the Portal gun Mod, and the 3DMG mod the most, Maybe Mystcraft as well though.

Portal gun Mod: http://minecraft66.net/portal-gun-mod-for-minecraft/

Mystcraft mod: http://www.minecraftdl.com/mystcraft-mod/

3DMG Mod: hikoukiMOD [1.4.4_1.0.0c]. zip

Oh Also the Timber Mod: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/timber/

I'd like the following mods:

More Player Models

Custom NPCs

Thank you both, I'll check these out but won't add them just yet. I'll wait to see other suggestions, and also in case someone would rather not have one of these mods installed. :)

Can I be signed in? My Minecraft name is MrEightThreeOne.

Sure, I'll add you now. You'll be invited to the PM shortly.

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, I already gave my one suggestion.

Also, Mystcraft is nice. :3

O.T.
I don't remember the last time I came on the server. It feels like a week, and that wouldn't surprise me.

Although I've looked through several 'Top 100' lists and all that, I'm not sure which mods and plugins people would prefer for this particular server, so if you'd like to suggest a plugin or a mod then please post it and link it below. :)

I did not vote (I don't play on it, so it would not be fair), but I will throw in my two cents for what mods to install.

Heeeeeyyyy.. I just had an idea for the server. Perhaps every and then, it can be outfitted with 's LEGO Island in Minecraft [map].

Thanks for the suggestions, is this really all you want though? I was expecting some more Bukkit plugins. Even basic stuff like health bars and such. I haven't added any yet simply because of this, it would be easier to add them all at once.

In other news... Antillies has suggested we have a round of UltraHardcore - a game much more difficult than standard Hardcore, in which players must work together to defeat the Ender Dragon.

The plugin used for this server is UltraHardcore. I haven't really been able to find a run-down of the game so I'll describe it here - for more information see the aforementioned link:

• Health regeneration is disabled.
  • You lose hearts if hungry.
  • Only Healing Potions and Golden Apples can restore health.
  • Player versus Player is enabled.
  • The aim is to defeat the Ender Dragon. However, if at any point one man is left remaining, they are nominated the winner.
  • Branch mining is not allowed; you must mine your resources using natural caves.
  • If you die, the game is over, and you are banned from the server until the round is over.

If enough people are interested, we can arrange a time period (a few/several hours on a particular day) for people to meet up and play. The current server would be backed up and replaced with this UHC server while the round is in progress.

If you would like to play this, please post below along with your time zone (in UTC)!

• Like 2

Jimbo, if you could be so kind as to white-list me, I would very much appreciate it.  I am also quite interested in participating in the RRU UHC if that gets off the ground so count me in.  UTC-8.

Fluffy Cupcake

Jimbo, if you could be so kind as to white-list me, I would very much appreciate it.

Don't need to wait for JJ to be up, I whitelisted ya. ;)

Jimbo, if you could be so kind as to white-list me, I would very much appreciate it.  I am also quite interested in participating in the RRU UHC if that gets off the ground so count me in.  UTC-8.

I've added you to both lists :)

UHC? Hmm, I'm up for the challenge I guess,  MST -7

I've added you to, however is MST-7 the same as UTC-7? I can't seem to find a decent converter for it. Seeing as UTC and GMT are the same I thought I'd try to give a standard time zone for everyone.

The Ace Railgun

Umm...UTC would be 7 hours ahead of My time, so it'd be, yeah -7. At least I think it is...anyway, it's mountain standard time so it's 7 hours behind UTC.

Gotcha, Ace, thanks. :thumbsup: I've added you RR Rocks, thanks for signing up. We only really need one or two more members for this to work well, so if you haven't signed up already why not give it a shot?

Yes, it's competition, but it's friendly and fun rather than WIN-AT-ALL-COSTS. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.