RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

The servers are now closed. The worlds have been saved and are hopefully being transferred over to another user for hosting again. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

World files for the servers as before they closed can be downloaded here: Creative | Survival

gallery_5738_265_8568.png

NOTICE: Please check out the website for this server here, where information and discussion can also be found! EDIT: This is now present for archival purposes only.

The RRU Minecraft server is another way for members of RRU to meet up outside of the forum, for those who enjoy playing Minecraft too. This server is open 24/7 and available solely to members of RRU. If you're interested in joining this server, simply post here or send me a PM and I'll add you to the list!

Information, rules and information on signing up to the server can be found on the RRUCraft forum, linked above.

Games

Games are hosted on the RRUCraft server regularly. For a list of all the games being hosted, check out this link.

For archiving purposes, the old rounds of UltraHardcore are listed below.
Round 4 - 23/03/2014

The details of this round will be posted by The Ace Railgun.

Total Participants: 9

Round 3 - 01/03/14

A summary of this round can be found here: >Round 3.

Face Melters - 3rd Place

- Arthuriel

Spyrius Smashers - 2nd Place

The Green Lurkers - WINNERS!
   - Antillies
   - RR Rocks - Last Man Standing
Total Participants: 6

Round 2 - 08/02/14

A summary of this round can be found here: >Round 2.

- Antillies

- Arthuriel - 3rd Place

- jedi299

- JimbobJeffers

- Joe9412

- Shadowblaze - WINNER!

- The Ace Railgun - 2nd Place

- Xiron

Total Participants: 8

Round 1 - 05/01/2014

A summary of this round can be found here: >Round 1.

- JimbobJeffers

- Antillies - 2nd Place

- JimbobJeffers

- LUModder

- RobExplorien

- RR Rocks

- Shadowblaze - 3rd Place

- The Ace Railgun - WINNER!

Total Participants: 7

Edited by JimbobJeffers
  • Like 1

Interest. Of course, being one of the ones who brought it up... yeah.

I am perfectly fine with vanilla minecraft, in fact it was in the same conversation I expressed my distaste for most mods. I'm wondering about versions, though, as I've never done SMP- I mentioned I'm unable to use 1.6-1.7 right now, if I were on 1.5 and everyone else was on 1.7 would it cause issues?

I would be interested in joining such a server :)

Great, added to the list :thumbsup:

Interest. Of course, being one of the ones who brought it up... yeah.

I am perfectly fine with vanilla minecraft, in fact it was in the same conversation I expressed my distaste for most mods. I'm wondering about versions, though, as I've never done SMP- I mentioned I'm unable to use 1.6-1.7 right now, if I were on 1.5 and everyone else was on 1.7 would it cause issues?

Also added to the list.

Whenever I've tried to join a server that's behind the client update version, it says 'server outdated', so I think the server would have to be version 1.7.2 in order to cater for members who can use it. Sorry :/ I don't understand why it doesn't work for you though?

Fluffy Cupcake

Once before... or maybe it was twice? We had a MC server for RRU, one was official and hosted by Cyrem, and then another was hosted by another RRU member (who is no longer super active), they lived for some time but then died out.

But hey, if insterst rises again, why not have another one again? It has been a while.

I might join it, idunno though.

Ever since I had a lot of problems on another server I went to (and left it due to), I've became very wary about multiplayer.

Sure, sign me up. And I can help you maintain the server if you need help  :)

I'm okej with the vanilla Minecraft . 

I can also create a cratbukkit server only with permission and restrictions and no mods if we need that. 

Fluffy Cupcake

I do recommend whitelisting, because even on the earlier days of this site I've seen some poor results from non-whitelists (like greifing and thieves for one instance).

I suppose I haven't said if I'm interested or not yet. Lets just say I'm semi interested.

Btw, if you need any assistance I'm here to help, I've privately hosted a few times myself, mostly bukkit though (I love it too much. XP), but I've used Vanilla too.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this many people signing up so soon! I'll add everyone who's posted to the list now. Not to bind you to a contract or anything, but just to get an idea of potential numbers.

Once before... or maybe it was twice? We had a MC server for RRU, one was official and hosted by Cyrem, and then another was hosted by another RRU member (who is no longer super active), they lived for some time but then died out.

But hey, if insterst rises again, why not have another one again? It has been a while.

Well, even if it is something that comes and goes, I'm happy to host it this time around. In response to jamesster's comment too, as I said in the OP this'll be 24/7 open, I don't know if that's different to before. Plus by the looks of things there are already a lot of people interested.

Ever since I had a lot of problems on another server I went to (and left it due to), I've became very wary about multiplayer.

I'm sorry that's the case for you, but as this server is for RRU members only I think you should give it a try. Judging by the current people signing up I'm sure you'll really enjoy it, and I see no reason for any major conflicts to occur. :thumbsup:

Sure, sign me up. And I can help you maintain the server if you need help  :)

I'm okej with the vanilla Minecraft . 

I can also create a cratbukkit server only with permission and restrictions and no mods if we need that. 

Thanks for the offer, but I was hoping to have one moderator in largely separated time zones (e.g. GMT, GMT-6, GMT+6), to increase chances of one being online :) However seeing as I may not be so active myself I'll let you know if I need the help.

I'll also let you know if craftbukkit should be installed, I'm glad someone has the knowledge to do it!

I do recommend whitelisting, because even on the earlier days of this site I've seen some poor results from non-whitelists (like greifing and thieves for one instance).

I suppose I haven't said if I'm interested or not yet. Lets just say I'm semi interested.

Btw, if you need any assistance I'm here to help, I've privately hosted a few times myself.

I'll definitely be whitelisting it. This is for RRU members only, after all. Thanks for the offer too, the same thing applies with above :) If you don't mind me asking, what time zone are you in?

EDIT: Okay, I'll start setting up the server later, seeing as there are already nine people interested.

I'm sorry that's the case for you, but as this server is for RRU members only I think you should give it a try. Judging by the current people signing up I'm sure you'll really enjoy it, and I see no reason for any major conflicts to occur. :thumbsup:

It should be fine then, so I'll give it a try.

Due to my interest in building on top of mountains conflicting with how mountains now get snow, (which is a feature I'm not fond of, cuz I don't like cold climates very much) don't be surprised if you see a floating glass platform or dome over any mountain I build on, cuz I'd build such over it to prevent snowfall.

Alright, I've chosen two moderators which should be plenty (if you add myself). Please take no offence OREST, I wasn't sure who to pick but am more familiar with Segatendo and Fushigisaur, who are in turn more active members of RRU.

I'm setting up the server now, I'll have it ready by the afternoon hopefully as I have some stuff to do.

I would LOVE to join for this server.

Then you are most certainly welcome to, sir!

Also, just to let you all know - the server has been paid for but I'm just waiting for the hosts to confirm payment and set it up.

Ugh. I have Minceraft and I want to join, I think it would be fun, since I didn't have MC when the old servers were up, however I don't have unlimited internet. I only get 10GB a month to share between 4 people, and It's satellite internet, which has a delay. Put me on the list if you want, but I don't know when or if I can get on to play.

Ugh. I have Minceraft and I want to join, I think it would be fun, since I didn't have MC when the old servers were up, however I don't have unlimited internet. I only get 10GB a month to share between 4 people, and It's satellite internet, which has a delay. Put me on the list if you want, but I don't know when or if I can get on to play.

That's a shame about your restriction :( I'll add you to the list, just join whenever you can if you want to, there's no pressure to play regularly or anything. Or even at all given your situation.

• Like 1

I would really like to join this server but I don't play Minecraft a lot, I either don't have time or I play other games. So it's your choice, you can add me to the server or not.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

It sounds like a nice idea if it could actually be made to last for a bit this time. I mean it does sorta go hand in hand with RR as both feature mining. Eh, what the heck, sign me up. My username in "ProfBrickkeeper"

If this is successful, perhaps I'll turn the RR textures into a resource pack. :)

I would really like to join this server but I don't play Minecraft a lot, I either don't have time or I play other games. So it's your choice, you can add me to the server or not.

Alright, thank you for showing interest :) I'll leave you off the list for now as you said you don't play it much, if you fancy joining in let me know.

It sounds like a nice idea if it could actually be made to last for a bit this time. I mean it does sorta go hand in hand with RR as both feature mining. Eh, what the heck, sign me up. My username in "ProfBrickkeeper"

If this is successful, perhaps I'll turn the RR textures into a resource pack. :)

Pssst to maintain privacy you didn't need to post it here, I was going to PM everyone :) I'll add you to the list. About the server possibly lasting for a bit, as I said before, I don't mind if this is a passing thing so long as we have fun while it lasts. But I'm sure it won't die out, not soon anyway, heck that's 10 sign-ups in less than a day!

If you ever do make a resource pack I could set it as the server texture pack (it's optional for players on the server to use) :thumbsup:

Pssst to maintain privacy you didn't need to post it here, I was going to PM everyone :)

Why would you need to "maintain privacy"...? There's even a slot for it on the user profiles.
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.