Cyrem

lol username

I can drive up no problem in both the demo (which is from 1999) and the 2001 version. Could somebody with a 1999 version on hand get a quick video of not being able to drive up?

46 minutes ago, Terrev said:

I can drive up no problem in both the demo (which is from 1999) and the 2001 version. Could somebody with a 1999 version on hand get a quick video of not being able to drive up?

I would, but I don't want to have to install a program just to do it.

CaptainGolem
2 hours ago, Terrev said:

Are you sure about that? Because everything in the demo tells me that it is from 2001 (the warp sound, for example).

lol username
5 minutes ago, CaptainGolem said:

Are you sure about that? Because everything in the demo tells me that it is from 2001 (the warp sound, for example).

MGLk700.png

CaptainGolem

Hmm, that's strange, because the game definitely acts like the 2001 version.

Also, here's a video of the 1999 version. It's screwed up but it gets the job done:

10 hours ago, lordtobi909 said:

Decompress, use diff checker like WinMerge to compare folders. ;)

I just had a different idea, though this would only show filesize differences...

Windows Command Line (from folder containing extracted JAM):

dir /s > ../list.txt

A file will be created in the folder that contains the folder you ran the command from.

Here's the results from mine: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/335

I removed:

• The volume information
  • All of the "C:\Users\etc..." parts before LEGO_JAM
  • The bytes free

44 minutes ago, lordtobi909 said:

Maybe someone can give me their LEGO.JAM of their 1999 version so I could look for diffs myself.

Check your PMs. ;)

lol username

Interesting. I'm suspecting that it was a change in the car physics coding, for example, like, there's probably a maximum angle for surfaces you can drive up that was changed (and when you boost, it tilts your car enough for the angle to no longer be too steep).

I'm mildly curious as to what changed in the Rocket Racer Run collision, but also the cutscene stuff that changed (especially C_AWARD4 as that has differences in both its cutscene-related files and 3D world file). And of course, it's no surprise that the Pirate Skull Pass load screen (PSP.BMP) is different; it's the only load screen in most 1999 versions to not have a blue border, which, as said earlier, got fixed in the 2001 version.

Still not sure what's up with Modded Lego's 1999 game - his JAM was identical to the 1999 version everybody else here seems to have, yet all his load screens were zoomed in (had to be via coding I guess?) to match Pirate Skull Pass. His EXE was also dated 23/07/1999, while my 1999 version's EXE is dated 24/07/1999. (Both JAMs are dated 23/07/1999.)

lol username

It appears you didn't read my post completely or accurately:

• Modded Lego's JAM gives the same MD5 as that of other 1999 releases; it has no differences from the other 1999 releases
  • His EXE is different, but there's also differences with copy protection, which would make it different regardless, so there's not much to be gathered from that
  • Thus, inside, it contains loading screen textures with blue borders (except for Pirate Skull Pass), but in-game, all the load screens appear without them - given the borders are present in the textures, the only explanation is that the game is zooming in on those images so the borders are cut off by the edges of the screen. That's a difference in the EXE/code, and it's bizarre, but nobody's got any other explanations.
  • Assuming LEGO Media decided on such a trivial change is a bit silly and ultimately irrelevant, lol
  • The other stuff in your post seems to be speculation and/or based on your misunderstanding of what was said, so I'll ignore it

lol username
5 minutes ago, lordtobi909 said:

Well, does PSP's loading screen look f****ed up? I mean if everything is zoomed in, so should be the borderless one.

Why? If they made a change in the code to fix the inconsistency between Pirate Skull Pass and the rest, of course they'd make an exception so that particular map doesn't get zoomed in - doing otherwise would defeat the purpose of coding such a thing in the first place.

Given that his copy of the game is apparently from a day earlier than most, I'm speculating that somebody noticed the inconsistency at the last minute, did a quick and dirty hack to "fix" it (zoom in the rest of the loading screens to be consistent) in the code (maybe the game data was locked down by that point, or there were other reasons why they didn't just fix that one texture)... Then it got rolled back for some reason? Maybe it caused some other sort of problem? Who knows, it's pretty weird.

lol username
51 minutes ago, lordtobi909 said:

So instead of doing what was done to PSP.BMP in 2001, they rather hard-coded it into their game and had to make a special exception for it? I don't see any sense in doing that. Besides, why would they remove it one day after its compilation?

• In Modded Lego's 1999 game, none of the tracks have blue borders, despite all of them having blue borders in their textures except for Pirate Skull Pass (as the JAM is exactly the same as in the other 1999 versions; same timestamp and MD5). The only conclusion anybody's ever come to is that something outside of the JAM (aka the game's code/EXE) is changing how they're displayed.
  • In most 1999 versions of the game, the textures are displayed directly/completely: They all have blue borders except for Pirate Skull Pass.
  • In the 2001 version, all of the tracks have blue borders, as Pirate Skull Pass had its texture updated to match the rest.

Looks like there are two people, dellr and Infomaniac95, who posted that also have the same version as Modded Lego. Though they didn't comment on what their load screens were like, they should be the same as Modded Lego's unless there's been a severe glitch in the matrix. Look in this topic; the MD5 for Modded Lego's version's exe (and dellr's and Infomaniac95's) is 80c9577841476a26ed76749b8e4b4a9f.

Something to be aware of in that topic that I'd forgotten about is that the day/hour given by Will's tool is unreliable and different people got different results (hey, time zones are hard). But, the minutes/seconds are consistent - Modded Lego/dellr/Infomaniac95's version's EXE is always dated xx:55:48.

So, for example, my post says my game's JAM is dated 23/07/1999 01:15:06, and Modded Lego's post says his JAM is dated 23/07/1999 04:15:06. In other words, there's a three hour difference between our timestamps. So, adjusting my time zone to match his, we get:

His game's EXE: 23/07/1999 00:55:48

My game's EXE: 24/07/1999 05:45:56 (And I have the more common 1999 version, aside from differences with copy protection, which gets messy)

Mr. Skeltal
2 hours ago, Terrev said:

Looks like there are two people, dellr and Infomaniac95, who posted that also have the same version as Modded Lego. Though they didn't comment on what their load screens were like, they should be the same as Modded Lego's unless there's been a severe glitch in the matrix. Look in this topic; the MD5 for Modded Lego's version's exe (and dellr's and Infomaniac95's) is 80c9577841476a26ed76749b8e4b4a9f.

Something to be aware of in that topic that I'd forgotten about is that the day/hour given by Will's tool is unreliable and different people got different results (hey, time zones are hard). But, the minutes/seconds are consistent - Modded Lego/dellr/Infomaniac95's version's EXE is always dated xx:55:48.

So, for example, my post says my game's JAM is dated 23/07/1999 01:15:06, and Modded Lego's post says his JAM is dated 23/07/1999 04:15:06. In other words, there's a three hour difference between our timestamps. So, adjusting my time zone to match his, we get:

His game's EXE: 23/07/1999 00:55:48

My game's EXE: 24/07/1999 05:45:56 (And I have the more common 1999 version, aside from differences with copy protection, which gets messy)

Well, what is funny, is that my maps are not in fullscreen, only PSP is. I will compare my file's, if someone could kindly link me to the tools. :)

EDIT 1: Sorry for the confusion about Infomaniac95's version, he is my older brother, so we have the same copy.

• Like 1

lol username

88a.png

i3IfafU.gif

Modded Lego is an anomaly. He is currently being detained at Area 51 never truly existed. Those screenshots he posted were just weather balloons. Move along.

• Like 2

• lol username unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.