Really early LEGO Racers alpha/beta screenshots

lol username

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Wow, the E3 watermark is a pretty good clue that this was extremely early in development.

Also, the 30 FPS thing does not surprise me in the slightest.

The collision of themes in the first image made me dry-heave a little. Exploriens, Spyrius, whatever King Kahuna is driving, and green popcorn? I'm so glad they got the tracks worked out for the release...

The collision of themes in the first image made me dry-heave a little. Exploriens, Spyrius, whatever King Kahuna is driving, and green popcorn? I'm so glad they got the tracks worked out for the release...

Its just too bad green popcorn had to be dummied out 

Wow, excellent find! I like the street lights, and King Kahuka's wheels are an interesting idea (and they should be moddable into LR1 *HINT HINT*). Thanks for sharing jamesster.

Spyrius and Exploriens were actually rival factions, and there's a hidden Spyrius base in the shortcut of the final track, so the combo makes sense. No idea what's going on with the popcorn particles though.

Spyrius and Exploriens were actually rival factions, and there's a hidden Spyrius base in the shortcut of the final track, so the combo makes sense. No idea what's going on with the popcorn particles though.

The popcorn is probably 2D exhaust.

The popcorn is probably 2D exhaust.

We know. We're making fun of what it looks like.

I was going to say something, but...

Holy crud.

...you already said it.

Also the green popcorn made sense considering it's a LEGO world.

Class quality images jamester. Surely theres someone somewhere who knows more about this beta version, and, however unlikely, has a copy of it.

Strange how the in-race model for Ann Droid almost looks a bit higher quality.

Maybe they had to optimize later in the developing process.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.