Rock Raiders: Team Exploration

Jimbob

This is a fan fiction story I started writing a few months ago. It is set during the events of the LEGO Rock Raiders PC game, although it does not detail events that actually take place in the game, and focuses on the main named characters - Chief, Axle, Bandit, Docs, Jet and Sparks. The story has a slightly darkened atmosphere in comparison to typical jolly LEGO stories and comics, giving a more life-like (perhaps) view of the experience the Rock Raiders would have. Additionally, it is structured like a play-through of a level in the game, for no particular reason other than that I could draw from better knowledge.

I have never written a piece of writing over 500 words that wasn't an essay, let alone the fact I've hardly ever tried my hand at creative writing, so don't hold high expectations for this story. All I ask is that, if you do decide to read it, just enjoy it :)

I have yet to finish this story, but don't plan on doing so immediately. However it is somewhere on my huge RRU to-do list. I've decided to post it up anyway to get feedback, and also so it wasn't sitting around doing nothing.

TL;DR? Then you probably shouldn't be in this section of the forum ;) This story currently clocks in at over 4,500 words, not huge but also not something you can skim over. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading my story!

Side note: the name of this book, the Flash game in my blog post and a LRR mod I started a while back are all the same, as I hope one day to finish all three and have them linked together.

Chapter 1: A Dangerous Mission

Chief stared out into the dark, black, empty space that had enveloped his ship for countless weeks. Despite being aboard one of the largest exploration ships in existence, with a crew numbering in the hundreds, he couldn’t help but feel lonely. Bright lights flickered around the various panels and consoles lining the observation deck of the L.M.S. Explorer. The dull grey tones of the metal structure were occasionally relieved with bursts of turquoise colour. It was quiet.

The mechanical whirs resounding from the servo-motors in Chief’s left arm broke the silence, as he raised it to press a button on the communications panel. Several beeps passed by before a notification sound played, and a large video screen lowered down from the ceiling – his call had been answered. The screen lit up, displaying a lightly-shaven figure in an orange uniform, wearing a dark grey helmet with black goggles stretched over his face.
The figure spoke. “Hey Chief, you called?â€
“Yes Sparks. I’d like a status report. How many Energy Crystals have we collected?†Chief inquired.
“No way near enough. Although that last mission did help – they found a plethora of Brickonium along with the lost team.â€
Chief let out a sigh. “Thank you, Sparks. Continue the maintenance work for now.â€
“Will do Chief!†replied Sparks.
Chief ended the call and the screen blacked out, before returning to its hidden compartment above. Just as he turned back to the large window into space, the communications console buzzed. Inside, Chief lit up. But with his age and past experiences, along with the pressure of bringing his entire crew back to safety, it was hard for Chief to show physical emotion. He rushed over to the source of the noise and slammed on the receiver button. The overhead monitor hastily slid back down and the ship’s highest-ranking geologist appeared on-screen, wearing his signature dark grey clothes and cap, his glasses perched on his forehead.
“What is it, Docs?†Chief queried.
“Great news, Chief. We’ve discovered another cavern complex containing a wealth of Energy Crystals.â€
“Good to hear. Have a Tool Store sent down in preparation for a team to investigate.†Chief instructed. They had already discovered two new caverns recently, but they needed all the Energy Crystals they could get. The L.M.S. Explorer had been left stranded in a distant galaxy after a freak accident, and was low on power. Energy Crystals were the best source of fuel, and the nearby Planet U was rich in them.
“…It’s not that simple, Chief. This cavern is buried deep below the surface, and scanners indicate there may be large life forms already residing within. Furthermore, both lava and water flow freely around the caverns. It’s not safe, even for our most experienced Rock Raiders.†The tone in Docs’ voice spoke as strongly as his words. Chief knew that the safety of his crew was more important than anything else; if the risks were too great than a team could not be authorised to explore a cavern.
“Understood,†Chief nodded, “that is a great shame. Keep its position locked and continue to monitor it – for now, we will assume it unfit for exploration.â€
“Actually, Chief, I thought maybe I could go down. Jet, Bandit and Axle are also up for it, and I’m sure Sparks would be too. We have the best experience in our fields than anyone else aboard this ship.â€
It was true. Docs was highly intelligent and his position as Commander meant he could lead the team. His ability to plan missions and analyse situations was infamous, as were his exploration skills. Meanwhile Jet’s military history and courageous, strong-willed personality would be invaluable if the creatures detected in the caverns were dangerous. Her flying skills would come in handy in circumventing lava, too, should transport be required across it. Similarly, Bandit was a highly capable sailor, and his navigation skills were highly reputable. His stern nature would likely keep the other team members focused. Axle’s natural gift for driving could not be overlooked; in a mission where time is of the essence, Axle would be an ideal choice to transport resources. Despite Sparks’ occasional absent-mindedness, his explosives training and renowned engineering ability were great assets. When working together, these people have proven to be a team second to none. “But are the risks worth it?†Chief pondered to himself.
“Are you okay, Chief?†Docs asked. Chief realised he’d become lost in deep thought. “My apologies, Docs. Listen – as concerned as I am, if you feel capable, then you may proceed. But hear me out. If the danger becomes too great, I will teleport you out immediately, no matter what.â€
“Understood, Chief,†Docs said, “I’ll get the others ready.â€
“Good luck, Docs, and be careful.†Chief responded sincerely. He turned off the monitor and stepped over to the observation deck’s window. Slowly, he looked down at his robotic arm and back up again, remembering past events and hoping they wouldn’t be repeated.

Chapter 2: What Lies Below

The teleportation room was probably the brightest room on the ship. Green, red and yellow neon lights illuminated every corner of the vast chamber, all incessantly flashing like paparazzi. The walls were grey, with the occasional danger stripes and lights, while the floor was a black runway bordered with a yellow trim and road lines. Long black corrugated pipes stretched from floor to ceiling, connecting the ship’s power supply into two large dishes that hung over black pads, which in turn were lined with green neon lights. These large pads teleported whoever and whatever stood on it to a user-specified location on the planet below, usually with pinpoint accuracy.

The elevator touched down at the end of the teleportation room, and a huge, thick, metal door lifted up to reveal a team of five confident Rock Raiders. Docs, at the front of the group, took the first step onto the runway. He beckoned the rest of the team forward and together they headed over to the glowing pads. “Is everyone ready?†he asked. A round of nods and yeses confirmed his predicted answer, and he turned to the screen beside him. Chief spoke from it, “I’m teleporting you down now.â€
All the surrounding machinery hummed to life. Energy flowed through clustered cables into the two teleport pads and the lights glowed brightly. Blue waves of energy flooded over the crew and flowed around them, as their bodies began to fade out of reality. Docs’ head felt a range of feelings – heat, cold, rushes of blood – but nothing painful. He marveled at the technology employed on the ship, before the world briefly disappeared.
Moments later, Docs was formed again, and watched his arms reappear into reality. He felt disoriented, looking around at the vast cavern he had materialised in. He stepped out onto the rocky floor and examined the environment. It was a typical rock cavern: greyish-brown walls rising high to the ceiling which stood dozens of feet overhead, with rubble littering the ground close by dirt and loose rock walls. The damp ceiling occasionally dripped a droplet of water that echoed and resounded throughout the cave. They were in almost pitch-black darkness, save for the lights shining outward from the Tool Store that brought them down. The odd snake or two slithered around the far reaches of the vicinity while slippery gold-brown spiders crept around the floor. As Jet too stepped out of the Tool Store, Docs reached for a drill from one of its tool racks. The Tool Store was a relatively simple construct: a grey stepped base with a raised turquoise back panel, upon which two glowing green power boxes were mounted. Yellow pipes protruded out from the panel, arching over to the side railings to provide energy to their lights. Around it were construction barriers – two poles housing green and orange lights, joined by a strip decorated with danger stripes that could extend outwards to span four times their own length. There were tool racks either side of the central landing pad, and a store of dynamite for walls which required more than a simple drill to break through.
By now all the Rock Raiders had successfully teleported down. This was always an underrated bonus – on the rare occasion that the teleporters aboard the L.M.S. Explorer malfunctioned, Rock Raiders could be left stranded in all sorts of unpleasant caves, requiring whole search-and-rescue operations to be set up to save them.
“What was all the kafuffle about then?†Axle exclaimed, “This place looks about as dangerous as Bandit with a Pusher Beam.â€
“We wouldn’t teleport straight into a lake of lava, would we?†Bandit retorted, “It’s much safer to set up base here and explore outwards.â€
Docs handed Axle and Bandit a drill each. “Enough chit-chat, let’s get started. Bandit, I want you drilling the west wall, and Axle can take the east one. Jet and I will collect the resources. Sparks can be responsible for construction.â€
“Hop to it!†shouted Jet.
Soon the operation was well under way. There was no rush to build a Support Station, a building that produces clean air for Rock Raiders to breathe, as Oxygen was in plentiful supply. The team could at least relax. Together they had cleared the surrounding area and built several Power Paths – simple flooring over the rocky ground, which aided movement and connected the buildings together so they could distribute power to each other – along with a Teleport Pad, a small building used to teleport simple vehicles down from the L.M.S. Explorer. Bandit and Axle had yet to find another cavern or a single Energy Crystal, much to the dismay of Docs.
It was then that something finally happened. Axle, who was busy drilling a wall, uncovered a crack in the rocks. He rammed his drill into it and dug in deep. With a tremendous roar the rocks gave way and came crashing down, scattering dirt and dust all around. Smoke floated upwards to reveal a corridor leading into a hidden cavern. Axle climbed out of the rubble, as the rest of the team came rushing over. “Uh-oh, Docs. Looks like we’ve got trouble.†he whimpered.

Chapter 3: Red Alert

Rock Monsters. Living clusters of rocks that had formed in a humanoid shape, standing two or three times the height of a Rock Raider. Their red eyes glowed ominously menacingly above their gaping mouths, ever in search of Energy Crystals to eat. Highly aggressive towards Rock Raiders, they are capable of taking apart a building if angered. There were a dozen or so curled up into balls, resting around the perimeter of the newly-discovered cavern. All along the walls were Energy Crystal seams, the collective green luminance almost hypnotising to the eye.

“This is not good.†Jet murmured.
“If we sneak in, we can still retrieve the Energy Crystals. We just have to be quiet.†suggested Bandit.
“Sure! Let’s invite them to tea while we’re at it.†Axle teased at Bandit. Bandit shot Axle a look.
“No, this really isn’t safe.†Docs’ voice was deeply concerned. “We should avoid this cavern until we’re adequately prepared. We need Electric Fences for protection, and for that we’ll require a Power Station. Bandit, you continue drilling the west wall, Axle can move to the north one. The rest of us will take a Laser Beam each and carry on as before.â€
Laser Beams were simple firearms employed as weapons against dangerous creatures, to be used for defensive purposes only. Upon pulling their trigger, they project beams of energy over small distances which cause heavy damage on impact.
“Should we not deal with them now?†asked Jet.
“If we attacked them and weren’t able to control them, we would have no backup. They outnumber us three to one. We’ll have to set up the fences first.â€
They went back to work drilling walls, clearing rubble and depositing ore. Soon Chief called Docs on his radio for a situation report.
“Docs, how’s the operation going?†he inquired.
“We haven’t collected any Brickonium yet. Well… not exactly. We’ve discovered a cavern stocked full of them, but it’s infested with Rock Monsters.â€
“Understood. Continue mining operation elsewhere for now, I’ll check back for updates later.â€
Just as they disconnected, Bandit shouted out to the team, “I’ve found another cavern!â€
“Great work!†Docs cheered.
“You’ve got to Band-it to him. He knows his way around.†Axle chuckled.
Docs ran over to Bandit. “I’ll scan the cave first. We don’t want to stumble upon more Rock Monsters.†He pulled out his scanner and held it up to the cavern. It ticked away for a moment, when suddenly a red light alerted Docs to danger. “This cavern… It’s sucking out the oxygen! We don’t have long before we’re out of air.â€
“Quick – let’s collect Energy Crystals and build a Support Station. That will pump clear air back into the cavern.†said Sparks.
They hurried down into the new cavern. There were no Energy Crystals in immediate view, and a long deep river of water separated them from the loose rock on the other side of the cave. They realised they would need to enter the Rock Monster-swarmed cavern, in order to gather the resources necessary to build the Power Station and Support Station they so desperately required. “There’s no alternative,†said Docs worriedly, “we’ll have to brave it. Remember to drill away from the Rock Monsters so they don’t wake up.†Together they entered the cavern stocked with Energy Crystals with the utmost caution. One by one they drilled into the weak spots in the walls to collect their Brickonium without collapsing an entire segment. As Sparks carried his Energy Crystal down the corridor toward the base, a small spider innocently wondered in front of him. Sparks slipped on its back and fell down, landing by a wall, his crystal bouncing around beside him. The wall slowly stood up, its red eyes turning to look squarely at Sparks. Sparks’ face turned whiter than a mayonnaise sandwich as he looked up at the behemoth. The Rock Monster let out an almighty roar and picked him up in its huge hands, holding him upside-down as if it were inspecting him. Having made its mind up, it threw him aside and reached for the energy crystal. Sparks landed with a thud and watched as the living rock ate its prize. Then it turned back to him. Raising its foot above Sparks’ head, it prepared to deliver his fate when a green beam struck it at its heart. He stumbled backwards, clenching the source of the pain. Another well-aimed shot from Jet’s Laser Beam crumbled the monster to pieces. Tiny living organisms formed from the creature’s body darted away to hide.
“Thanks!†Sparks gasped.
“Not a prob–“
All the noise had disturbed the other monsters, and they didn’t take kindly to the new intruders thieving at their stashes. They stood up tall, casting huge shadows over the Rock Raiders, and charged at them. “RUN!†Axle cried. The team shot down the corridor to the base. “We can slow them down on the Power Paths,†Jet hollered, “then we can pick them off with Laser Beams.â€
“There’s too many of them, we don’t have time!†Docs wailed, “I’ll call Chief for an emergency teleport.†He frantically searched his belt and pockets, but couldn’t find his radio. It lay in the Rock Monsters’ lair – he must have dropped it. “We’re doomed!†Bandit despaired.

Chapter 4: Reunited

Chief stood on the bridge of the L.M.S. Explorer. He stared out into the ominous black space, longing to return to more familiar surroundings. But the engines on his ship were on low power. The only way to have them in working order again was to collect Energy Crystals from Planet U below.

Energy Crystals...
It was time to check on his team of Rock Raiders searching for this very resource. Chief walked over to the communications panel. He called the radio Docs had taken down to the planet’s underground caverns. There was no answer, a connection had been established but wasn’t picked up. Chief tried again, but there was still no response. After the third attempt he gave up. What was wrong? Had the radio been misplaced, or perhaps Docs was just busy? Or were they in danger? The last contact Chief had with Docs had informed him that the team discovered a potential threat – Rock Monsters, foes whose strength was not to be underestimated. It was quite possible that they had been aggravated by the mining taking place around them, but the team couldn’t simply be teleported out. Without co-ordinates, anything could be picked up and teleported aboard the ship. The only course of action would be for Chief or other members of crew to be sent down. Chief couldn’t let anyone else’s lives be placed at risk, and yet he hadn’t left the comfort of his ship in over twenty years. Did he really want to set foot on an alien planet after so long? “Yes… I must.†he thought decisively. He spun around on his heel and hit the keys on the comms panel, dialing the teleportation room of the ship. “This is Chief. Power up a teleport pad, I’m going in.†he ordered.
“Right away sir!†came the response.

“Get ready to fire!†Jet yelled to the Rock Raiders beside her. The rapidly approaching Rock Monsters seemed to glide over the rubble piled up at the mouth of the cavern. “They’re nearing the base now, the Power Paths should slow them down.†shouted Axle. The closest Rock Monster stepped onto a Power Path first, and immediately realised how much slower its movement became. It lifted its foot high in the air and pushed it down with an almighty stomp, crushing the path into small fragments. In shock, Jet cried “Shoot it!†to her team. A torrent of laser pulses flew towards the rock creature and it collapsed into rubble. “That’s one down already!†cheered Sparks.
“Uh-oh,†Docs said worriedly, “our air supply is at fifty percent. We can’t hold out for much longer.â€
At that moment two more Rock Monsters charged straight for the base. The Rock Raiders fired again, bringing one down but the second was too far away for the energy to reach. As the weapons recharged, the Rock Monster swung his arm at the Teleport Pad, ripping away a chunk of its structure. Before it could continue, a wave of lasers tore it to shreds. In the distance, another monster clawed at the rock in a wall and pulled out a large boulder. It held the boulder high above his head before launching it at the Tool Store, smashing away its railings. Another creature of living rock stampeded over to the Tool Store and wrenched out its supply pipes, only to be obliterated by more laser blasts. “They’re tearing the base apart. We can’t take them down fast enough!†Bandit moaned.
Suddenly, a flash of purple-blue energy erupted from the Tool Store, swirling and pulsating around, mesmerising the Rock Monsters and giving the Rock Raiders hope once more. As it cleared, a lone man stepped down from the Tool Store, his bushy moustache twitching in the process. He greeted the team with a brief smile and turned to face the behemoths guarding the Energy Crystals. After a moment’s thought, he raised his bionic arm up to the closest Rock Monster, pushing a button in it with his other hand. Plasma energy fired from his arm directly into the creature’s roaring mouth. It tumbled backwards and crumbled down. Chief leapt towards the next firing again to blast away its arm. Spurred on by their hero, the rest of the team rushed forwards to join the fray. In unison they released volleys of laser and plasma beams, destroying the Rock Monsters. Soon there were just a few left and one managed to run headfirst into Chief, bulldozing him out of the way. Chief flew backwards, smashing into a wall. Jet ran up to the monster, kicking the back of its knee to knock t down. She grasped its back and leapt up onto his shoulders, held her gun in two hands and blasted its head to kill it. The rest of the crew aimed their weapons and released punishing fusillades of lasers into the remaining Rock Monsters, crushing them. Jet scrambled over the rock body beneath her and together the team rushed over to Chief, who lay crumpled on the floor. “Are you alright?†they gasped.
“Yes, yes, I’m fine. It is but a flesh wound, nothing to worry about.†he said. “Well done for… *huff* …taking them down. Are… *huff* …Are we doing alright for air, Docs?â€
“No sir. We’re down to forty percent and need to construct a Support Station fast.â€
“Let’s get cracking then!†Chief ordered. The team set back to work collecting Energy Crystals and Ore with haste.

Chapter 5: Burning Sensations

“Construction barriers ready!†Sparks shouted.

“We’re bringing over the ore now.†replied Bandit.
Through strong team work the Rock Raiders had built a Power Station and had nearly prepared a Support Station. Their Oxygen supply was low, making it hard to concentrate at times, but they fought through the fatigue for the sakes of each other and the mission. There were no Rock Raiders tougher than the team currently assembled in this cavern.
“Resources ready!†Sparks yelled.
Chief opened communications on his mechanical arm. “This is Chief. We have the materials necessary for a Support Station, please send one down.â€
Blue energy materialised next to Chief has he disconnected from the call. In a flurry of light, a small building warped down to the base, some bricks still assembling themselves and attaching to the main body. Soon the Support Station was constructed. It was relatively generic in build: an almost-square body with supports standing at the front, a flat roof with angled sides sporting the Rock Raiders logo at the top; danger stripes decorating the edges; a chevron panel flapping at the back, pumping clean air into the cave; and a comfy interior for people to rest and eat inside. It stood squat but proud beside the tall Power Station. Comprising of two buildings connected by black pipes, the Power Station began with a bucket which was loaded with Brickonium. It transported this through its central structure to a tray at the top, where the Brickonium was refined by a special laser. Finally the energy would be pumped down through the pipes into a small, green-glowing glass house for storage. The process was quick and efficient.
“Excellent work, team. Your performance thus far has been brilliant.†Chief praised. “Let’s continue searching the caverns for Energy Crystals.â€
Axle was drilling at the north wall. He had been mining for a while, but had yet to find a new cave. He was about to give up when he noticed an orange ray of light shining through a hole in the wall. “I think I’ve found something!†he exclaimed. Ramming his jackhammer into the wall, he activated the drill and chipped away at it. After a short while, he hit a weak spot and the rocks shifted, followed by a thunderous rumble as they rolled down and crumbled into a heap on the floor. Axle’s joyful expression dropped into one of shock as he took in the sight of the new cave. “Oh, great. It looks like the heat’s about to turn up!†he sighed.
Ahead of him a long, thin lake of lava bubbled and hissed around its cavern. It had devoured all land mass in its immediate surroundings, every growing and spreading like a plague. Axle jumped back as small leaks crept into the rubble he stood on. “I’ve hit lava and it’s eroding its way towards our base!†he cried.
“Quickly, everyone take some Ore and build a blockade of Power Paths between the lava and our headquarters. We’ll seal it off.†Chief commanded.
“That won’t be enough to hold it off forever though,†Jet spoke fearfully, “it will persistently melt the Power Paths.â€
“Wait, I’ve found something!†Bandit cheered, “The river we discovered earlier leads to a steep slope next to the lava. It’s cut off by a solid rock wall, but if we can drill into the loose rock beside it, it will flow over and into the lava.â€
“And that would clear it out. Good work, Bandit.†Docs said.
“In that case, everyone continue building Power Paths but Sparks and Bandit,†Chief ordered, “you two work on constructing a Docks to teleport down a Rapid Rider. Then you can cross the river and drill the wall.â€
They hurried off to carry out their orders. Bandit and Sparks carried Ore over to the river and prepared a space for a Docks, while the rest of the team built Power Paths to stave off the lava flow. It wasn’t long before a Docks had been requisitioned and a Rapid Rider floated on the river beside it. Bandit climbed into the boat and sailed off down the river at lightning speed, heading towards its end. Once there he clambered out onto the ground and ran around to the loose rock wall. He punched his drill into it and began digging away at the rocks.
Back at base, the lava was proving to be too much for the Power Paths and had melted through them. “Hurry,†Docs called to Bandit, “we don’t have long before it breaches the base!†The lava flowed into the Power Paths in front of the HQ and cracks broke out of them. Molten rock burst through and started to envelope the paths.
Bandit continued to drill until he hit several large boulders, loosely wedged into the divide between the cold water and fiery magma. Upon closer inspection, he noticed that they were only held together because they were stacked upon each other. To drill through would take a fair amount of time – what was needed was a strong force to dislocate them. Bandit took several steps back, bracing himself. Then he ran forward, twisting his torso to direct his shoulders at the rocks and rammed into them. They broke free and tumbled down into the lava, only to be burned up. Bandit sped over to the Rapid Rider which was now sailing down toward the lava, started its engines and tried to push off back to base, but the gushing water was too strong.
Axle dropped his spade and stepped backwards as the lava pushed forwards in the direction of the base. Their defences had been breached and now they could only rely on Bandit freeing the water in time, or they’d have to perform an emergency teleportation out. The lava seemed to laugh and mock the Rock Raiders as it frothed and smoked, gorging on the Power Paths. Suddenly, a huge wave of water gushed down from behind it and splashed over the lava, disintegrating it in the process. The water flowed over the lava around the base, saving the Rock Raiders from an unpleasant demise. It halted before the buildings, washing backwards into the northern cave. It wasn’t enough to nullify the lava residing in the back of the cave, but it would certainly hold it off. Moments later Bandit rocketed down the lava on his boat towards the base, leaping off and landing on the ground in style. He stood up and brushed himself down, bowed his helmet to his team mates, and finally walked back to the Support Station to treat himself to some delicious sandwiches.

He rammed his drill into it and dug in deep.

Oh dear, it's that kind of story...

I kid, I kid.

Anyway, it's an... OK story. I mean it started out fine, but got a little awkward a little bit in.

What I want to say is,

Additionally, it is structured like a play-through of a level in the game, for no particular reason other than that I could draw from better knowledge.

This^ is my main problem. It could be a much better story if it didn't adhere so much to the in-game progression of a level. Especially since it's mixed up with stuff that can't actually happen in-game, such as the whole water-redirecting fiasco.

I know the saying about 'write what you know,' but I don't really think this is the way you should do that.

But that is my personal opinion, others may disagree.

This is really all I have to say about the matter, everything else is fine, though you do have a (very mild) case of said bookism.

Oh, and I think you have a typo here:

As it cleared, a lonely man stepped down from the Tool Store, his bushy moustache twitching in the process.

Chief: forever alone?

What I want to say is,

Additionally, it is structured like a play-through of a level in the game, for no particular reason other than that I could draw from better knowledge.

This^ is my main problem. It could be a much better story if it didn't adhere so much to the in-game progression of a level. Especially since it's mixed up with stuff that can't actually happen in-game, such as the whole water-redirecting fiasco.

I know the saying about 'write what you know,' but I don't really think this is the way you should do that.

I understand, fair point. I was running out of ideas based on the game, anyway - I'll see if I can recover it when I continue writing.

This is really all I have to say about the matter, everything else is fine, though you do have a (very mild) case of said bookism.

Yes, it appears I do! Perhaps not as drastic as in that article though ;) I'll try to avoid that in future.

Oh, and I think you have a typo here:

As it cleared, a lonely man stepped down from the Tool Store, his bushy moustache twitching in the process.

Chief: forever alone?

Whoops, yeah that's an obvious typo, thanks :D

Thanks for your feedback, Fushigisaur!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.