All bricks/chassis, all the time

lol username

JrMasterModelBuilder

Also, for LR1 extractor, I keep getting ''Couldn't find python. Reinstall program to fix" I did that, and It still wont work, and I have python!

Kind-of off-topic, but I'm not familiar with this error. The extractor does not require Python be installed, nor should it use it even if it is. Did you move the "JAMExtractor.exe" away from the other files such as "python33.dll"? The exe depends on them.

JrMasterModelBuilder

No.

I fixed that error, but it saying this now: fatal python error: cannot get zipimporter distance

Just to be clear, do you have the following files all in the same folder?

JAMExtractor.exe

_bz2.pyd

library.zip

python33.dll

unicodedata.pyd

JrMasterModelBuilder

Yes.

Have you extracted the files from the ZIP? By right-clck > Extract All...? It can't be run from inside the ZIP.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A really simple but very useful mod that gives you access to every car chassis and piece in the builder at any given time (even ones you can't normally use):

In GAME DATAOBJECTSBRICKS, there's a file called UNIQUEBRICKS.TXT, which contains "All the bricks that can go in the game ever". Now, see UNIQUEBRICKSGENERIC.TXT? It lists "The generic bricks - available in all worlds". Simply overwrite it with a copy of UNIQUEBRICKS.TXT, and boom, every chassis and piece is accessible everywhere.

Edit - There seem to be quite a few newcomers who don't know you have to unpack the game's GTC before doing any modding, so here's a link for that: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Follow this instruction and you will be fine. Works for me. And on a side note, I would recommend you not to post in a topic that has been quiet for at least a year.

Fluffy Cupcake

I would recommend you not to post in a topic that has been quiet for at least a year.

This case is okay, as it is a post for help in the topic of the mod in need of help with.

I posted a video earlier in this topic if visuals will help. (I'd grab it but I can't be bothered on mobile. :P)

• 1 month later...
- Noah_LoLer -

I installed it, but it doesn't work. There are no additional chassis and not from all worlds. It didn't work for me. A guide with screenshots of installation would be much appriciated!

Fluffy Cupcake

I installed it, but it doesn't work. There are no additional chassis and not from all worlds. It didn't work for me. A guide with screenshots of installation would be much appriciated!

​Let's jump back a page.

And there is your video.

• 1 year later...
lol username

There's no download link because re-uploading the entire game data package except with one text file replaced with another text file that's already in the game data would be silly. Just follow the steps and do it yourself, it's a very simple mod.

Could someone upload the appropriate files to activate this mod, or upload a save file with all these custom cars built?

1 hour ago, tomfyhr said:

Could someone upload the appropriate files to activate this mod, or upload a save file with all these custom cars built?

No need. The files are in the game already. You just need to edit them.

1 hour ago, mumboking said:

No need. The files are in the game already. You just need to edit them.

Could someone upload the edited files? I believe that most users would appreciate to simply copy-and-paste the edited files rather than editing them themselves. It would make the mod reach out to a wider audience, hypothetically speaking. www.filedropper.com can be used to temporarily upload files.

P.S Are built cars stored in a save file or any other file?

Could someone upload the edited files? I believe that most users would appreciate to simply copy-and-paste the edited files rather than editing them themselves. It would make the mod reach out to a wider audience, hypothetically speaking. www.filedropper.com can be used to temporarily upload files.

What part of this is so hard to do?

On 25/09/2013 at 6:54 AM, Terrev said:

In GAME DATAOBJECTSBRICKS, there's a file called UNIQUEBRICKS.TXT, which contains "All the bricks that can go in the game ever". Now, see UNIQUEBRICKSGENERIC.TXT? It lists "The generic bricks - available in all worlds". Simply overwrite it with a copy of UNIQUEBRICKS.TXT, and boom, every chassis and piece is accessible everywhere.

P.S Are built cars stored in a save file or any other file?

They must be. How else do you think it remembers them?

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Yes, they are stored in the save file, and we have an extractor to rip them out of the save file so you can replace the pre-built vehicles if you wanted.

2 hours ago, origamihero said:

Does this include the riegles mech vehicle?

No. That vehicle is its own separate thing in every way shape and form. You'll have to use the Cheat Engine hacks if you want to play that.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

I found a weird bug in the light brown rama car chassis. It uses the same sound as normal cars.

There is definitely a bug.  I noticed that it uses the normal car sound for the green rama car chassis.  

@Terrev Have you encountered this bug yet?

I never noticed, though that'd be a bug in the game unrelated to this mod. I haven't looked at LR2 for a while, but it sounds like something that could be fixed. @Xiron might know more since he was customizing chassis at one point.

Fluffy Cupcake

Not 100% sure where it is defined which sound goes with which chassis model (hardcoded?), but perhaps there is a setting in the car's save that can be changed? I'd have to do some file structure research to find out for sure.

I tried switching out both the chassis' .md2 and .bcd and hoping into the game with a swapped chassis had no affect, and the save/ccd is the last place I can think of to look.

Edit: And for my first poke I nailed what I was looking for. Changing the 8th byte in your car's .ccd modifies the car's wheels AND sound, so those are tied together.

Here is a list of byte values each Rama car uses, and the sounds they make:

Chill - 20 (mute)

Duster - 21 (mute)

Freeze - 22 (mute)

Ghost - 23 (mute)

Lightor - 24 (mute)

Snake - 25 (standard engine sound)

Warrior - 26 (mute)

By switching cars out cars, and making the AI's normally undrivable cars drivable, I can confirm Snake (the green guy's) car sounds like a normal car regularly without have the chassis run through the car builder.

I think unless there is a sound section in the md2's (model) then we're hardcodedly screwed.

Edit 2: Replaced Snake's wheel model with another rama wheel, still makes sound. Hardcode screwed confirmed? If so the only way this is fixable is if I miraculously find the one single byte in the .exe that control this sound, like I did for Sparky's speech and even that was somewhat pure luck.

• 7 months later...

With the same text file you can add new bricks in but it will scramble up the cars. However when it comes to adding new chassis in the game it crashes? Is there a way to add custom chassis without having the game crash?

Edit:

Actually the bricks crash as well. Ive done it before I don't understand why they're crashing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.