All bricks/chassis, all the time

lol username

Fluffy Cupcake

Another easy and useful .txt file edit: Clear out the file "WORLD COMPLETE.TXT" in every world (located under "GAME DATASCRIPTSWORLDNAME" ) to stop Sparky from spamming you on entry every time you enter the foyer of a completed world. You can also do the same his speeches at the beginning of each race and for the boring world intros (most likely)!

Can you make a save of that and email it to me, Jamesster? I can't get the c++ update on my computer.

If you're asking for a compiled version of the GTC with this mod enabled, sorry, I can't share anything like that right now - the whole thing is 266 MB uncompressed, and while it would be somewhat smaller in a zip or 7z, it would still be far too big for an email attachment. I don't have a wifi connection capable of uploading anything that large right now, either. If you're having trouble with the GTC extractor, try asking JMMB about it.

Can you make a save of that and email it to me, Jamesster? I can't get the c++ update on my computer.

If you're asking for a compiled version of the GTC with this mod enabled, sorry, I can't share anything like that right now - the whole thing is 266 MB uncompressed, and while it would be somewhat smaller in a zip or 7z, it would still be far too big for an email attachment. I don't have a wifi connection capable of uploading anything that large right now, either. If you're having trouble with the GTC extractor, try asking JMMB about it.

That's okay I got it now. So I got the Game Data extracted, so how do I overwrite the generic with the unique? And I presume after this I should put the folder back into the Lr2.rar again.

Lr2.rar

Um... What? Did you pirate the game?

No, I had two original copies, so I got it legally :) But, my problem is I have a Lego Racers 2 folder with the .exe, but I have a separate folder with the gamedata.gtc, the compressed, and the third one (forgot what it was called). I overwrote the uniquebricksgeneric.txt by taking a copy of the uniquebricks.txt, putting it on my desktop, renaming it uniquebricksgeneric.txt, and placing it back in the folder, replacing the original. But, whenever I open my game, it doesn't apply the mod. Help? :axle:

Lr2.rar

Um... What? Did you pirate the game?

No, I had two original copies, so I got it legally :) But, my problem is I have a Lego Racers 2 folder with the .exe, but I have a separate folder with the gamedata.gtc, the compressed, and the third one (forgot what it was called). I overwrote the uniquebricksgeneric.txt by taking a copy of the uniquebricks.txt, putting it on my desktop, renaming it uniquebricksgeneric.txt, and placing it back in the folder, replacing the original. But, whenever I open my game, it doesn't apply the mod. Help? :axle:

I need some help because I don't have the disc to my game anymore :(

Greatest find in the history of modding! Yes I Am Back! Hello Everyone! I have been playing Left 4 Dead 2 and Dead Island on servers, but now I return for Lego Racers 2 because of this marvelous mod!!! Great Job Jamesster.

Fluffy Cupcake

But, whenever I open my game, it doesn't apply the mod. Help? :axle:

I was gonna say "did you recompile?" but that is kinda dumb. So instead I'm going to say, did recompile it while there was another GAMEDATA.GTC, FILELIST.INF, and COMPRESS.INF in the folder? Because it does not replace it if there is already one existing (and the ungtc.exe basically does nothing if so.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MegaPlayer1997

I have unpacked the GAMEDATA.GTC and edited the files but what do i have to do now that the GAMEDATA.GTC will be Updated with the editing???:(

I have unpacked the GAMEDATA.GTC and edited the files but what do i have to do now that the GAMEDATA.GTC will be Updated with the editing??? :(

Since it is unpacked I think you delete GAMEDATA.GTC, FILELIST.INF and COMPRESS.INF. Don't do this until someone like JMMB or Le717 confirms this.

Fluffy Cupcake

You repack it. Drag the exported GAMEDATA folder onto ungtc (or whatever other method you use, see ungtc topic) to recompile. And as LUModder said, you delete those original files (make a backup first!) because the program won't do its job if those files already exist.

I have unpacked the GAMEDATA.GTC and edited the files but what do i have to do now that the GAMEDATA.GTC will be Updated with the editing??? :(

Step 1.

Get UNGTC

Step 2.

get folder w/GAMEDATA.gtc, filelist.inf, and compress.inf all in the folder

Step 3.

put the folder in Ungtc

Step 4.

You will have a new folder within the one you created called GAMEDATA

Step 5. take this out and put it on desktop.

Step 6

Edit anything you want in it (like this mod)

Step 7.

Put GAMEDATA folder back in UNGTC

Step 8.

You will get 3 new GAMEDATA.gtc, filelist.inf, and compress.inf on your desktop.

Step 9.

Put these back in the Lego Racers 2 Folder.

Step 10.

SuCcEsS!

Hope this helps! :)

Since it is unpacked I think you delete GAMEDATA.GTC, FILELIST.INF and COMPRESS.INF. Don't do this until someone like JMMB or Le717 confirms this.

Confirmed method, and Xiron has already done it for me, so whatever. :P

O.T.

@JimbobJeffers I think it past time for that thing we talked about. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.