JrMasterModelBuilder

I have a lead on the 3D models, per a conversation with Phaze Holic. It seems to think that (after contacting a dev to ask about the models), the models may be PS2 models. Considering there are PS2 and PC files in the files, it is feasible to assume they used the same assets for each port. In that case, they could have easily used PS2 3D models in the game and have the PC port read them.

• Like 1

JrMasterModelBuilder

I have a lead on the 3D models, per a conversation with Phaze Holic. It seems to think that (after contacting a dev to ask about the models), the models may be PS2 models. Considering there are PS2 and PC files in the files, it is feasible to assume they used the same assets for each port. In that case, they could have easily used PS2 3D models in the game and have the PC port read them.

Is there such things as a PS2 model? I didn't think Playstation had their own model format.

lol username

Is there such things as a PS2 model? I didn't think Playstation had their own model format.

There isn't, different PS2 games use different model formats. Of course, some formats may be shared between games, but there is no such thing as a standard "PS2 model".
  • Like 1

There isn't, different PS2 games use different model formats. Of course, some formats may be shared between games, but there is no such thing as a standard "PS2 model".

Correct, but maybe the models used are/were commonly used in PS2 games, and instead of remodeling everything they reused that format for the PC. Think about the N64 port of Racers 1. There are lot of strings in the PC JAM referring to the N64. The same thing could be going on here.

Simply put, it could use a 3D model format engineered for the PS2 but reused on the PC.

lol username

Correct, but maybe the models used are/were commonly used in PS2 games, and instead of remodeling everything they reused that format for the PC. Think about the N64 port of Racers 1. There are lot of strings in the PC JAM referring to the N64. The same thing could be going on here.

Simply put, it could use a 3D model format engineered for the PS2 but reused on the PC.

We know what you're saying, but nobody's seen any evidence of the format being used in other PS2 games yet. I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, but that there's no evidence for it yet.

• 1 month later...

Yay! LR2 + Mods = Epicness

Uhm... there is a problem. The changes I make to the GAMEDATA folder don't show up in the game. Help?

Don't double post please. Edit your first post instead. I've merged the two. - jamesster

Uhm... there is a problem. The changes I make to the GAMEDATA folder don't show up in the game. Help?

Make sure you recompile your GAMEDATA folder into a .GTC file again, and place that, the FILELIST file and the other file (can't remember its name) into the installation directory.

If you're unsure how, just ask :)

Make sure you recompile your GAMEDATA folder into a .GTC file again, and place that, the FILELIST file and the other file (can't remember its name) into the installation directory.

If you're unsure how, just ask :)

COMPRESS.INF.

I don't know how to recompile. I'm sorry, I am a noob about modding :wimp:

I am a noob about modding

Then you should probably start with something easier because there are hardly any tutorials yet for LR2 modding.

I don't know how to recompile

Drag the folder "GAMEDATA" onto the UNGTC.exe (or shortcut) to recompile the folder into the three files. But make sure that you deletet the old versions of the three files first (but backup them, maybe the mod does not work).

So in order you do:

Back up the three files so you can access them when there's a problem with your mod.

Delete the three files in the game's directory.

Drag the folder "GAMEDATA" onto ungtc.exe to recompile the folder into the new three files.

I am a noob about modding

Then you should probably start with something easier because there are hardly any tutorials yet for LR2 modding.

I don't know how to recompile

Delete the three files in the game's directory.

So that's what I was doing wrong! Thank you!

Fluffy Cupcake
...because there are hardly any tutorials yet for LR2 modding.

I WAS in the process of making some, until origamiguy came along and started doing stuff. They are on hold for now.

I WAS in the process of making some, until origamiguy came along and started doing stuff. They are on hold for now.

Dammit , it's all your fault no one can mod for a while now :P

Dammit , it's all your fault no one can mod for a while now :P

It'll be worth the wait :)

• 3 months later...

What do you mean with "it doesn't work"? Does it not decompile the files, or what? And most importantly, did you read the instructions?

The UNGTC tool comes with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Make sure you navigate to the correct folder, containing '64-bit' in its name, and run the exe file within that.

JrMasterModelBuilder

The UNGTC tool comes with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Make sure you navigate to the correct folder, containing '64-bit' in its name, and run the exe file within that.

The Windows version is 32-bit only, but 32-bit executables are supported on 64-bit Windows.

This doesn't work for me, as I'm on a 64-bit system. Is there a fix to that?

What do you mean with "it doesn't work"? Does it not decompile the files, or what? And most importantly, did you read the instructions?

Yeah, we'll need more details as to how it failed. There is also a link at the top you can use to patch your game to use extracted archives and extract them as well.

• 7 months later...

The files are not showing up for me, And when I drag it into the .exe a second time it shows for less than half a second and still shows nothing. What could be wrong? (It appeared to work the first time but then the window closed without showing me any new files)

Okay, I figured out what the problem is. It says "Failed to open COMPRESS.INF" What does this mean?

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.