JrMasterModelBuilder

Fluffy Cupcake

It says I'm missing some .dlls when I run the .exe (libgcc_s_dw2-1, and libstdc++-6 for examples), where do I get them? I don't see them at your place. And the only thing under bin is ungtc.exe, nothing more.

JrMasterModelBuilder

It says I'm missing some .dlls when I run the .exe (libgcc_s_dw2-1, and libstdc++-6 for examples), where do I get them? I don't see them at your place.

Gah! That's annoying! I didn't think C++ compiled with MinGW had any dependencies. I will look into and fix this problem.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Sorry about the mixup, the Windows binary is now compiled with all the dependencies merged into the code! I have deleted the old download and replaced it with the corrected one!

It successfully extracted everything for me. Now, let's see what we've got...

Edit: Lots of cool TXT files from the developers explaining how things work. Why can't more devs do that?

Man, I don't know what to try first...

# Captain Geoff (and his salty seaman)

#

# (individual)

#

lighthouse keeper happy1

lighthouse keeper happy2

null

null

null

null

lighthouse keeper surprised1

null

... PFFFFFFFFT

Ooh, I think I may have just found how to enable things for character create!

Looks like editing what bricks are in what car sets is really easy - even pieces from Rocket Racer's car and the Rama cars...?

Oh cool, cutscene scripts and stuff!

[TRK_NM_SAN1]

Dig-a-brick

[TRK_NM_SAN2]

Express Delivery

[TRK_NM_SAN3]

Hot Stuff

[TRK_NM_SAN4]

Bobby's Beat

[TRK_NM_SAN5]

Sandy Boss Track Name

... So, Sandy Bay had the same structure as the other worlds at one point?

bifMe3s.png

O.T. Thanks LimeKiller for such an :af: image!

For those of you who saw me rejoicing last night in the SBox and my subsequent status update, this is why. Although I dislike LR2's physics, I hate the low-quality graphics more. Finally, we can change all that.

JMMB, you have done it yet again. You have no idea how happy I am from this. Thank you, for the bottom of all my :af:'s. :)

EDIT:

On 9/25/2013 at 4:04 PM, RobExplorien said:

Wow, where to start, what to do. I think we are all overwhelmed now.

Uh-huh. Welcome to first time game modding. I think this is the first game archive cracked since you joined. Even I'm overwhelmed, and I think the LEGOLAND archives have been opened and new/updated/better tools for the Alpha Team PAC archives were written since I came here.

http://www.shamikaserver.com/migalley/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=8

Jamesster told me the textures are MIP files, in the link above is WinMip2 which can convert them back and forth. I would gladly try this if I still owned Lego Racers 2.

Just tried it, won't work. Can't convert them or even display them.These Lego video games hold many very diabolical file formats, more than any other games I have ever modded in my lifetime.

JrMasterModelBuilder

http://www.shamikaserver.com/migalley/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=8

Jamesster told me the textures are MIP files, in the link above is WinMip2 which can convert them back and forth. I would gladly try this if I still owned Lego Racers 2.

Just tried it, won't work. Can't convert them or even display them. These Lego video games hold many very diabolical file formats, more than any other games I have ever modded in my lifetime.

Unix file command to the rescue!

$ file ADV_ENV_BK.MIP

ADV_ENV_BK.MIP: Targa image data - Map 256 x 256

If I renaming them to .TGA, I can open them in Photoshop and Gimp. I haven't tried creating new ones yet.

Interestingly, the textures for Drome Racers are different, and unknown to the Unix file command. They appear to be some kind of custom uncompressed bitmap image.

Unix file command to the rescue!

$ file ADV_ENV_BK.MIP

ADV_ENV_BK.MIP: Targa image data - Map 256 x 256

If I renaming them to .TGA, I can open them in Photoshop and Gimp. I haven't tried creating new ones yet.

Interestingly, the textures for Drome Racers are different, and unknown to the Unix file command. They appear to be some kind of custom uncompressed bitmap image.

T...T...Targa? That's it? Awesome! If I had thought about it at the time, I would have run it through ffmpeg at got the same info. Oddly, I opened the font sheet tga and it worked, but didn't attempt the MIP right beside it. Anyway, thanks! I'll try this myself ASAP. Drome Racers, possible custom? Well, you can't win them all. *sigh*

Also, I am already drafting my Custom SFX tutorial to go along with my video above. ;)

The extractor isn't working for me; when I tried to use it the first time, it showed the extraction of all the files but no new folder was created, and now every time I try again the command line comes up for a split second then goes away?

The extractor isn't working for me; when I tried to use it the first time, it showed the extraction of all the files but no new folder was created, and now every time I try again the command line comes up for a split second then goes away?

Run it from command-line as in just click it, or through cmd.exe? Either way, start by right-clicking on the exe, clicking properties then compatibility tab, check the "Run with administrator rights" box, save, then drag the folder on it. It sounds like you are extracting in Program Files, and it doesn't have the permission to write the files.

Run it from command-line as in just click it, or through cmd.exe? Either way, start by right-clicking on the exe, clicking properties then compatibility tab, check the "Run with administrator rights" box, save, then drag the folder on it. It sounds like you are extracting in Program Files, and it doesn't have the permission to write the files.

*facepalm* Forgot to run it as administrator, thanks :P

In Characters; 'WHAT IS ALL THIS ABOUT EH'. Good to know the devs had a sense of humor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.