Bad Conditions

alan

Bad Conditions

by alan

1gCNA1M.jpg

Back Story: The Rock Raiders discovered a huge cave near a magma reservoir. There is no more lava flowing into this cave, so the borders of the lava cool down and become hard or loose rock. You need to drill through these thick rock layers to collect all 110 Energy Crystals.

Map Objective: Collect 110 Energy Crystals.

Difficulty: Easy/Medium

Installation Instructions:

This level will not replace any other level. Put the level folder "BadConditions" into Data\Levels\GameLevels\ (DATA method) or LegoRR0\Levels\GameLevels\

Then add the level configurations and the custom level setup to your own Lego.cfg (see description in the download).

When you have done all that correctly, the level should appear at the right side of Frozen Frenzy (Level09).

DOWNLOAD

Please tell me what you think of that level so I can improve my level designing skills and please correct translation mistakes! Thank you!  :axle: 

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

Here's my review alan:

My first instinct was to build up a base as quickly as possible since I apparently did not understand what "enough oxygen" meant.  Not having depleting oxygen made the level quite easy, especially when you consider the lack of monsters or erosion.

Thanks to the ridiculously high costs for things in my mod, it took me a while to get a Chrome Crusher.  But once I did, the level became a basic strip-mining operation.  

The size of the map left plenty of room for some good old spelunking, as there are no hazards to worry about (minus the occasional landslide).  

Overall, the map looks like it was very well planned and thought out.  Kind of a nice, relaxing fun-to-play exploration level that brings me back to some of the original missions.  Great job!

I did find a few grammar issues in the objective:

In the mission description, maybe rephrasing the last part from "you might stay a long time down there." to "you might be down there a long time."  
Fail text needs to reworded to something like this:

You didn't find the required 110 energy crystals.  Maybe you should use the Chrome Crusher!  Mission failed.

Success text can be improved, such as:

Congratulations, Rock Raider!  Even with so many crystals to collect and even more walls to drill, you got them all.  Mission complete!

Crystal fail text I won't bother mentioning for reasons that should be obvious.

Something else I strongly  suggest you fix is in the code for the level cfg: 

In the priorities section, AI_AttackMonster needs to be removed.  The other two, AI_BuildPath and AI_Upgrade, need to have AI_Priority in front of them.  Basically AI_Priority_BuildPath and AI_Priority_Upgrade is what you should have.  

It's obvious that you copied this from @s0d3rb3rg's tutorial, but if you carefully read everything, you'll notice that he somehow overlooked this (having the word Priority) in his copy/paste example section.  Furthermore, I discovered (and this was confirmed by William) that AttackMonster is a useless priority and will not function.  Again, I don't blame you for this because of the way it was set up in the tutorial.

I should also mention that back in the PrioritiesImages section, this change needs to be made to your own cfg if you want the priorities to show up.  

Edit: Confirmed that Upgrade is useless as a priority because Raiders automatically will head straight to the Tool Store (or vehicles straight to the Upgrade Station) when you tell them to Upgrade.  No need to have this.  

BuildPath is a weird one in that only half regulates building power paths.  See my post here for more details: 

Also, I forgot to mention in my original post that I really liked the inclusion of a custom set of menu bmps for the map.  Very nice touch!

Edited by Slimy Slug
Updated post

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.