Lake Emire

Cyrem

Lake Emire

Back Story: "The chief has just sent orders to construct a new major base on Planet U. This lake was discovered a few days earlier while drilling deep underground. Terrain scans show that Lake Emire has a wide area of space and a bounty worth of close by resources."

Map Objective: N/A

Difficulty: Easy

Requires: Cafeteria 0.9 >

Download Link

Enjoy :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

again, what's the objective?!

There is no objective. It is a sandbox map in which you do absolutely nothing except drill, collect and build.

The Soleutator

Nice map, though a bit overboard on the energy crystals! I suppose this is ok, since there is no objective. Despite the many energy crystals though, I was a bit disappointed that there was no recharge seam in the map. I probably used 30 energy crystals blasting down walls.

Anyways, here's a screenshot of what I had when I quit:

Spoiler

med_gallery_1599_121_42763.jpg

• 2 months later...
TheSmartOne

I've tried to download it 4 times, and it said it saved. But I can't find it where I saved. NOT THERE!!!!! Is it broken, maybe?

EDIT: Didn't save it to where I told it to.

Time-travelling edit: I was so immature when I posted this...

• 1 month later...
the_L_egend

I've tried to download it 4 times, and it said it saved. But I can't find it where I saved. NOT THERE!!!!! Is it broken, maybe?

EDIT: Didn't save it to where I told it to.

try looking in downloads, maybe its there :S

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking forward to trying this map. =]

Just curious. I replace any level files with the files you provided, plus I need to change the CFG for the level right? What would be the right coding?

On 2/4/2011 at 7:53 AM, The Soleutator said:

Nice map, though a bit overboard on the energy crystals! I suppose this is ok, since there is no objective. Despite the many energy crystals though, I was a bit disappointed that there was no recharge seam in the map. I probably used 30 energy crystals blasting down walls.

You had 417 extra EC... AFTER everything! I think you were perfectly fine without a Recharge Seam. :)

Only problem I had with this map was the center island... I mean, I know I could drill with a SD (takes forever on hard rock), bring over fully upgraded STT on Cargos, go back and forth with full/empty buckets, and have a RR on a Rapid Rider come over and shovel everything... But after a few minutes, I realized that would take forver. Also, while on that island they wouldn't construct a PP in order for me to get a TS down. Now, if I got a TS on that island... Everything would of been different. HUGE map with TONS of drilling, shoveling, and random landslides. The drilling got repetitive and somewhat predictable after a while...

Anyway, fun sandbox at the beginning but the map felt endless after a while of playing it. Kind of the point but still. Thanks for the map. :)

• 1 year later...

a LAIR PLAYS of this map is NOW ONLINE

[video has been deleted by author]

part two shall be up TOMORROW (24 hours exactly after this video was posted)

Edited by Slimy Slug

It's been so long since I made this map that I've forgotten what it looked like. Thanks Lair for doing this, and spending so much time on it too. I think I may have made this to demo how large(and larger) LRR maps could be at the time, don't quite remember.

I liked how you used LRR music when you sped up the video, very fitting.

Thanks again, seeing you do these makes me want to make new maps.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.