LEGO Soccer Mania Texture Rips

deaddius

Holy cow, this game has some big face textures.

legoracers_2013-07-06_22-27-54-50.png

Still a pretty HQ Sparks face texture (128x128)

EDIT:

getsome.png

Somehow I am disappointed in these textures, at least Silicon Dreams ditched the eyes with white around the irises...

• Like 1

Cool! Thanks for posting these. The faces don't look as good here as they did in-game, though. I think Soccer mania has the same thing as IXS where face textures are narrowed down a little.

EDIT:

getsome.png

Somehow I am disappointed in these textures, at least Silicon Dreams ditched the eyes with white around the irises...

Are you talking about the character art style that characters in LI2/IXS used? Those were actually created by Krisalis Software, who started working on Island 2 before the game suddenly switched over into the hands of silicon dreams. If silicon dreams was handling LI2 since production began, the characters would probably have looked more like they do here.

They aren't my favorite-- some of my LIXS minifigs IRL have that style. It's okay I guess, but I like the classic style better.

Oh my goodness, the textures for The Brickster are actually really good recreations of the physical minifig's! Green eyes and all! :D

They aren't my favorite-- some of my LIXS minifigs IRL have that style. It's okay I guess, but I like the classic style better.

Oh my goodness, the textures for The Brickster are actually really good recreations of the physical minifig's! Green eyes and all! :D

I agree. I'm glad that silicon dreams used the classic style for soccer mania too. I think Krisalis did a better job at facial expressions, though.

lol username

Awesome, thanks dude! Tex_0491 and its dupe looks kinda weird, is that actually used in-game?

Just realized that the textures and models here are also labeled as .MBK and .BMB files. I wish that Soccer Mania and IXS used the same models and had textures set up the same way so they could be used for each other.

getsome.png

Also, this looks a lot like a trollface.

Fluffy Cupcake

Once I get that far in the game. Unless someone has a save or something.

I did have a 100% backup somewhere because the save kept randomly deleting itself (or somethin), but THAT backup file is now gone (the secluded folder I had it in is now empty wtflip!)

I did have a 100% backup somewhere because the save kept randomly deleting itself (or somethin), but THAT backup file is now gone (the secluded folder I had it in is now empty wtflip!)

Mine keep corrupting and refuse to save! Ugh. LI2 had better saving than this crap.

Fluffy Cupcake

Mine keep corrupting and refuse to save! Ugh. LI2 had better saving than this crap.

Sometimes it will say "save failed" a lot, and I have to keep going back to customize team and pressing check until it saves correctly. I think running as admin might help.

LimeKiller

It seems to be an issue with Windows 7. On my old Windows Me (Good God) as well as XP it worked fine, but on 7 it seems reluctant to save correctly. Have to keep trying until it finally gives in.

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, since I have a CE file that controls the goal amount for each team, I can use that, and increase game speed with CE as well to zoom through the game.

Fluffy Cupcake

Yes. Been there done that. As you can see, SM's textures don't have the same layout as IXS textures, therefore when trying to replace a character in IXS from one in SM, the game crashes. Haven't tried other things, like ground textures though (if those can even be changed atm).

The files in Soccer Mania also look like they are organized and labeled a lot better than IXS.

have you guy thought of swaping lego soccer mania's texture's with ixs's textures?

Unfortunately, the textures are set up differently

While soccer mania uses seperate textures for the faces, front and back torsos, legs, and other parts, IXS just has a texture for the whole body and another for a face. Also, Soccer Mania characters have a maximum of 4 facial expressions (At least as far as I know) while IXS uses 15 or 16 expressions.

The files in Soccer Mania also look like they are organized and labeled a lot better than IXS.

have you guy thought of swaping lego soccer mania's texture's with ixs's textures?

Unfortunately, the textures are set up differently

While soccer mania uses seperate textures for the faces, front and back torsos, legs, and other parts, IXS just has a texture for the whole body and another for a face. Also, Soccer Mania characters have a maximum of 4 facial expressions (At least as far as I know) while IXS uses 14-16 expressions.  Here are the Soccer Mania character textures compared to Island Xtreme Stunts:

soccer_mania_vs._lixs_textures.png

As you can see,  an entire IXS body is the size of a Soccer Mania torso and four IXS faces could fit on one Soccer Mania face! If it is possible to create custom .BMB textures, we should be able to make the soccer mania textures compatible for IXS.

Funny thing is, the Soccer Mania torsos are set up like LI2. (128x128)

• 1 year later...

I am sorry that I post in this old thread. But I would like to share:

Princess Leia likes soccer ;P

ncmoDmZ.jpg

I made thisi test last year in december. But my computer does not like the game.

What I did:

I wrote a tool that can create .bmb files with one entry or replace an entry in an existing .bmb file (I did not remember  :whistle:  - I had to refresh my mind D8).

I created one with the torso from Princess Leia (512x512) and replaced the 003.bmb in the game folder 'LEGO MediaSoccer ManiaManiaCDMinifigBitmapsTorso_F'.

And I changed the values for the '003_Grey' entry in the Colours.bmb (that is the reason for the flesh colored arms and hat).

But I do not know where the characters are defined.

And it still works (left :D ):

KO9gF6e.jpg

Here is the tool to create .bmb files: https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/CreateBMB_920148.zip

CreateBmb <inputfile> [-o <outputfile>] [-m <mipmap>] [-r <replaceAtIndex>]
          <inputfile> - source file
          <outputfile> - output/destination file
          <mipmap> - number of mipmaps
          <replaceAtIndex> - replace <replaceAtIndex> file in destination file
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.