How did you get interested in Legos?

Mr. Ash

I wasn't sure if there was already a thread like this, so I decided to make one.

In this thread, you can share your story of how you became interested in Lego. Here's mine:

The first time I remember having Legos was when my grandfather sent me a bucket of Lego bricks when I was probably 3 1/2 years old. When I was four, remember my daycare principal's son giving me his Legos stuff from 1990 - 1998 because he was going to joining the army. I also remember having Lego Creator, Lego Racers, Lego Island, and Lego Island Xtreme Stunts (4/6 Lego games I currently own!) When I was 4 or 5 years old. Since that time, I have been collecting Legos until I stopped around 2007-2008. I still buy some old sets/lots on ebay every 3-6 months, but I don't buy anything current.

Car CrazeXVI

I wasn't sure if there was already a thread like this, so I decided to make one.

Ahem.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

It all started when my dad got me my first set, which I somehow remember was a dump truck. He asked me if I wanted more toys like that. Of course, I said yes, and he went out and got a nice, big bucket of the stuff.

Then one day we found out there were LEGO Computer Games. So I got Racers, (Somehow, I can remember that, too) attempted to re-create Rocket Racer's car, and that's pretty much what got me into it.

Rock Raiders and Drome Racers just sat at the bottom of my collection. (The former I never really got into, the latter was too difficult for little me) I even thought about selling them at one point, but I never did...

Then I watched Lair's Rock Raiders videos and decided to try it again.

And then he mentioned this place.

And then I had fun.

Also, my dad has never bought a LEGO clone.

lol username

Legos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p9JPGJ1h7tY
  • Like 3

Car CrazeXVI

Legos

-snip-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fka4nr-W4jw

Yes, that's really how I view you sometimes.

The first time I had encountered lego was one of my sister's castle sets (not the new one or the previous one), unfortunately I was distracted and now all I have of it is just the pieces, the building instructions went missing. My very first Lego set (I was much older at the time) was a CITY fire truck (The one with six wheels and a trailer (with a boat on top of it)). My Lego grew from there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.