Character (and other msh files) Modding: LEGO Island 2 Edition

deaddius

lego_island_2_2013-06-23_22-43-52-80.png

Brickster's beanie. Pepper's hair isn't tied to his hat model afterall, it's tied to his head model.

lego_island_2_2013-06-23_23-08-58-84.png

This is CCOG_hat.msh, an Islander hat. It doesn't have the textures required so it wraps Pepper's hat textures around it.

Sorry about the resoulution change, LI2 never saves my settings.

But yeah, you can swap around files in mesh folders to change Pepper's hat and other things I have not tested-- Maybe even swap around buildings!

lol username

Pretty sure I've seen Xiron do hat swapping before, like giving Pepper Johnny Thunder's hat. He also did building swapping - amusingly, the door animations for the infocenter and skate park and such also work on other building's doors.

Theoretically, you could swap things from other Islands/Levels? Not sure about textures working, though.

Fluffy Cupcake

@jmmesster, oh you mean these three posts from 3 years ago? Yup, been here, done that.

(pics in spoilers is what you'll want to look at, also, there was one other post I didn't link, but meh.)

Fluffy Cupcake

You know, I would probably mod this more, and probably others too, if it wasn't for the freaking long loading times. >.<

Yeah, I usually start the game, go in Pepper's House, mod some files, go back to the Island, repeat. Long load times still apply, just not the menu.

Fluffy Cupcake

Now... why I didn't think of that I do not know. But that would save a little bit of time I guess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.