Island Xtreme Stunts - modding/file research topic

Mr. Ash

After a little browsing through music-related folders, I still can't find anything that controls what tracks play on the radio.

Still no sign of other hats either. I wonder if they are stored in a file with an unknown extension name (Sort of like the LEGO.JAM file in Lego Racers).

I haven't touched the non-visual list I have been working on for a few days. I'll get on to it, but I think I'm going to start messing with the NEWWAYPT folder.

I haven't gotten any results (At least any that I noticed) when messing around with the files in the cdc/Z06CAR/SETS folder. I decided to mess around with the models/textures in Z06CAR, and I was able to find the files for a few vehicles. However, I couldn't find most of the vehicles. I still am thinking about the possibility of some files being inside another file. I am going to see if I can find any file with a unique extension name. If there is a file that contains hidden files, hopefully we can find a way to extract and rebuild it like LEGO.JAM

Since the faces and bodies as well as some other textures (i.e. the Lego Logo that pops up before the game starts loading) are seperate textures, I am wondering if the BMB files could possibly be viewed to see all the textures used to create whatever the file is used for. I also saw the phrase "brickimal.tga" somewhere in one of the files in Z01LGI. If it's possible to extract and view the .BMB files and the textures are actually .tga files, we might be able to create custom textures.

Funny thing is, Soccer Mania refers to them as "Bitmaps" for reasons unknown.

But didn't you say the BMB files were really easy, and wondered why nobody had looked at them yet? I guess I'm asking if it was you who said that, were you referring to the naming scheme, or the format?

Funny thing is, Soccer Mania refers to them as "Bitmaps" for reasons unknown.

But didn't you say the BMB files were really easy, and wondered why nobody had looked at them yet? I guess I'm asking if it was you who said that, were you referring to the naming scheme, or the format? I always thought they were bitmaps. But now the "tga" thing puzzles me.

Try to find the model of the ambulance in Motorbike Mayhem and I'll be happy... Also, that car looks like a plane.

Try to find the model of the ambulance in Motorbike Mayhem and I'll be happy... Also, that car looks like a plane.

I'll see if I can find it. I think it is set up as a building, though.

I always thought that car was ugly. I thought of it as a Rhoda Hogg car/jet plane hybrid. I also found the Brickster's car and that tiny red car. I can't find the other vehicles (i.e. school bus, pizza van, hot rod) yet, though.

I have found more models used in the minigames, including a parachute, Pepper's plane, and even the buildings used in Freeway Frenzy.

I am also wondering if the hat models/textures could possibly be stored in the TOYS.TDF files like a folder as well.

I just noticed that the holes on Phil Maker's legs are facing the wrong way unlike everybody else. If we can figure out the .BMB format more and it's possible to create custom textures, that's another thing I'm going to fix.

If the models/textures for the other hats aren't located in the TOYS.TDF files, there could also be the possibility of them being stored in the GOB.BGL. If I remember correctly, I think I saw the phrase "GOB" several times in the Z98PSH .TDF file. I'll have to look again to be sure, though.

I continued to mess around with the MODEL###.BMB/.MBK files in minigames. I can't figure out some of the models, and the game crashes if I try to swap them with others. However, I have at least found the more important models, such as the vehicles.

Lastly, I noticed that there are also models in SPP labeled CHAR017.MBK (The .BMB is for the Brickster's hologram) and CHAR018.MBK (The texture is for one of the prisoners). I am thinking about the possibility of either of these being for the crooked beanie.

I just opened the GOB.BGL file in Z00DEF with Notepad++ and found phrases to almost all the characters plus a lot of other stuff. I will upload a screenshot later.

Swap it with Pepper's hat and let's find out.

I just did a little bit ago, and the game crashed. It could be that Pepper's hat textures aren't compatible with the model, but I am not sure if they were hat models even though the file size is about the same as Pepper's hat model. I also used the textures that had the same title as the model, and the game still crashed. In the folders, there are a few models that used nothing more than black for their textures. I will later swap the models again using a black texture and see if it works.

EDIT: Nope, still doesn't work. Also, I take back what I said about the hats also possibly being in the GOB.BGL files. Although there are phrases for a lot of the objects and characters in the files, it doesn't seem to have to do anything with the hats.

I've been gone for a few days and just got back earlier. Haven't found anything new, so here is the Director's angry face:

angry_director.png

I guess he does look sort of angry, but the eyebrows could have been better...

I guess he does look sort of angry, but the eyebrows could have been better...

Simple job of turning the eyebrows 180 degrees (any direction) and moving them closer to the eyes, you will have to redraw bits of the glasses... Oh for the deepest parts of Loch Ness give me the face texture and I'll see if I can sort it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't found anything interesting, so here are facial expressions for a few characters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3MdxBx8qPk

This is Pepper over Gnarly Bones. His faces are terrible. I also swapped Papa Brickolini's texture with Phil Maker's and Sky Lane's because I was wondering what their faces were like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7rSjzaOwmU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knf2VTkw8Jo

If you have any request for a specific character's faces, Let me know. I would like to keep it to just the ones that didn't appear in Lego Island 2, but I will show others if requested.

I find her orange lipstick pretty odd. :P

But yeah, they are better than Pepper's. Do the Brickster Henchmen next? (The guys with brooms and stuff that push Pepper.)

I find her orange lipstick pretty kinky. :P

But yeah, they are better than Pepper's. Do the Brickster Henchmen next? (The guys with brooms and stuff that push Pepper.)

Here are the henchmen faces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P6YCv4x5Bo

The faces could have been good, but the main problem is that his facial hair keeps moving.

Here are the henchman's faces:

The faces could have been good, but the main problem is that his facial hair keeps moving. Studz Linkin, Snap Lockitt, and the other henchman maybe?

Here are the henchman's faces:

The faces could have been good, but the main problem is that his facial hair keeps moving. Studz Linkin, Snap Lockitt, and the other henchman maybe?

I will get Snap and Studz later, but what do you mean by the other henchman? Are you talking about this guy?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roskelld/6150506879/in/set-72157623109706601/

I haven't found out if his texture is even located anywhere in the folders. If I looked hard enough and his texture isn't there, I wonder if there is any unknown file that contains beta content such as the other henchman, that interesting leather jacket texture, Pepper's orange stunt suit, the old main island, and anything else unused. If there is such a file, I'm hoping that it contains the beta stuff shown here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roskelld/sets/72157623109706601/with/6150506879/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.