Island Xtreme Stunts - modding/file research topic

Mr. Ash

So basically, I guess you should just start a new game whenever you modify this folder.

OR, go to film a movie (or anything that takes you away from the main island), and change it while the game is minimized. ;)

Ok, thanks :satisfied: . I wasn't sure if the game could handle being modded while it was still running.

After a bit of messing around with files in the EDITOR folder, I think the .BHV and .BEH files have to do with the paths that NPCs follow on Lego Island. I also found some vehicle files that seem to be unused.  I think the files that control the positions, movements, and paths of individual NPCs are the XXXXMFG_# files. I haven't found anything worth taking pictures of yet, though.

Why is Pepper's face texture so big?

game_2013-06-25_16-41-06-45.png

Pepper over Bricksterbot BTW.

The size of his face compared to other characters kind of reminds me of the flaw that many characters in Lego Island 1 had:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xtremestuntman1998/GAMES/citizens.bmp

While Pepper, Nick, Laura, Mama, Papa, the Infomaniac, and the Brickster all have pretty normal sized faces, everyone else has a tiny face and a huge forehead. In my opinion, Pepper also has some really weird facial expressions (I might post some of his weirder ones later) in IXS.

Fluffy Cupcake

After a bit of messing around with files in the EDITOR folder, I think the .BHV and .BEH files have to do with the paths that NPCs follow on Lego Island. I also found some vehicle files that seem to be unused.  I think the files that control the positions, movements, and paths of individual NPCs are the XXXXMFG_# files. I haven't found anything worth taking pictures of yet, though.

I replaced Snaps .BEH with Enter's and Snap spawned some odd spot under the mountain, though the odd thing is, once he got to a proper height and to a road, he started walking on the sidewalk on what seems to be his own path to get there. :o

Ok, thanks :satisfied: . I wasn't sure if the game could handle being modded while it was still running.

You never know until you try. :P

Heh I hate Pepper's IXS design, wish he was modeled like his physical coumterpart...

I agree. I don't mind Pepper's elbow pads and backpack much, but I really dislike his haircut and how high up his cap is.

If it is possible to create custom .bmb textures and we can find the other hats, I am hoping to resize his face, add some hair to it, and give him a normal white cap so he looks like he did in Island Xtreme Stunts sets. If it turns out to be possible to create custom textures, I would also like to get many of the characters back to a Lego-accurate art style.

lol username

I would also like to get many of the characters back to a Lego-accurate art style.

I was hoping to do the same for LEGO Island 2 until I found that the face textures are in a custom format there, too. :/

I want to get Enter and Return their classic smiles back. I also wish Pepper looked how he did on the back of the PS2 case, minus the elbow pads. The hat printing is... eh.

Excuse the double post, buuut...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gkBs9jBDM8

My first time swapping BHF files resulted in this... Enter and The Infomaniac are swapped. No idea why Enter's down here and not up by the Xtreme Tower like The Infomaniac! But now The Infomaniac hangs around the Hospital and takes rides in the Ambulance with Return.

Heh I hate Pepper's IXS design, wish he was modeled like his physical coumterpart...

I agree. I don't mind Pepper's elbow pads and backpack much, but I really dislike his haircut and how high up his cap is.

If it is possible to create custom .bmb textures and we can find the other hats, I am hoping to resize his face, add some hair to it, and give him a normal white cap so he looks like he did in Island Xtreme Stunts sets. If it turns out to be possible to create custom textures, I would also like to get many of the characters back to a Lego-accurate art style.

I forgot to mention that I would also like to change the pizza texture if it possible to create custom textures.

Excuse the double post, buuut...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gkBs9jBDM8

My first time swapping BHF files resulted in this... Enter and The Infomaniac are swapped. No idea why Enter's down here and not up by the Xtreme Tower like The Infomaniac! But now The Infomaniac hangs around the Hospital and takes rides in the Ambulance with Return.

I swapped Return and the Brickster's .BHF files, and The Brickster kept stealing the ambulance while Return was in jail for no reason. The only problem is that the swapped characters still use the voice clips that belong to the original character (i.e. if you swapped Phil Maker and Liam Lense the other way around, their  appearances and names would be different but their voice clips would stay the same).

EDIT: I see that the problem is already shown in your video.

Also, the reason that Enter isn't on the mountain might be because the Infomaniac's BHF file that you swapped with enter's might have been an unused or rare path.

Yeah. Enter has a surfer voice like Snap. What I should've done is let Enter/The Infomaniac walk further, looked like he was heading to the Studios in lieu of the cutscene before The Brickster's Tower. Might also explain why your Brickster appeared in the jail, in lieu of the last ingame cutscene before the FMV.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIC28AUY9ls

He actually makes his own path to the Information Center!

Here are some of Pepper's ugly facial expressions:

gallery_4350_335_100578.png

gallery_4350_335_87636.png

gallery_4350_335_178882.png

There are some other ones that I really found to be bad too, but they weren't quite as bad as this. For me, the problems with Pepper's faces are:

• His face is way too big
  • His dimples are shown in almost every expression
  • His eyebrows are the same in almost every face (Even his sad face has the same eyebrows)

Anyways, I won't be able to mod IXS for a little bit because my keyboard for my desktop is broken(The keys are fine, but the plug is damaged). As soon as I get a new keyboard, I will get back to modding ;) .

the second one is really lol

"u mad brickster?"

these are terrible edits of the default face...

I laughed at the second one too.

I also thought Sky Lane and the director had some weird faces too. The problem with the director is just that his eyebrows stay the same in all of his faces (Even his angry face.) Most of Sky's faces are fine, but there were a few of them that I thought were bad looking. I can't really describe what the problem is, so I'll just try to upload them later.

Was Pepper orignally supposed to talk, maybe?

Also, I wanna see his sad face.

Here it is:

gallery_4350_335_5882.png

If I could change it, I would have made it something like this:

gallery_4350_336_1307.png

Fluffy Cupcake

I, actually discovered that a few posts ago...

I replaced Snaps .BEH with Enter's and Snap spawned some odd spot under the mountain, though the odd thing is, once he got to a proper height and to a road, he started walking on the sidewalk on what seems to be his own path to get there. :o

>>>>I replaced Snaps .BEH with Enter's and Snap spawned some odd spot under the mountain, though the odd thing is, once he got to a proper height and to a road, he started walking on the sidewalk on what seems to be his own path to get there. :o

I thought you meant he spawned underground... Sorry.

Anyways, here's Pepper's textures if we can ever import them back into BMBs.

hcpTA.jpg

Not too bad, other than being lowres.

sMwcI.jpg

Here's the texture for Pepper's unused stunt outfit...Same problem as above.

nMfnx.jpg

Here's Pepper's face, attached to LI2 textures, as you have seen on the green stunt outfit.

And... That's all I got in my imgur album as far as IXS textures.

Fluffy Cupcake

He did spawn underground, but again, the last part of that post is the key; "he started walking on the sidewalk on what seems to be his own path to get there."

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for your posts. This topic grew a lot quicker than I thought it would.

Anyways, I will look for a new keyboard tommorow and continue researching afterwards.

>>>>I replaced Snaps .BEH with Enter's and Snap spawned some odd spot under the mountain, though the odd thing is, once he got to a proper height and to a road, he started walking on the sidewalk on what seems to be his own path to get the

re. :o

I thought you meant he spawned underground... Sorry.

Anyways, here's Pepper's textures if we can ever import them back into BMBs.

hcpTA.jpg

Not too bad, other than being lowres.

sMwcI.jpg

Here's the texture for Pepper's unused stunt outfit...Same problem as above.

nMfnx.jpg

Here's Pepper's face, attached to LI2 textures, as you have seen on the green stunt outfit.

And... That's all I got in my imgur album as far as IXS textures.

How did you export the textures?

I didn't, they are from Cyrem's dump from 3D Ripper DX. I will ask him if he can post it again. There was a cool unused leather jacket texture-- lemme see if it's still on my imgur-- I doubt it...

EDIT:

WSxYM.jpg

I don't think it's associated with anything, much like the orange outfit-- You'd think we would have found the bmb by now. It's in the game files, or it wouldn't have been loaded + ripped. So we must keep looking.

I just got a new keyboard that works, so I can resume modding Xtreme Stunts. The only problem now is that I can't decide what to do. I am really starting to think that the hats aren't even in the cdc or cd folders, and I can't think of anything else that I could browse through at the moment. I will try to think of something soon.

I found an IXS texture dump via RRU uploader.

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/IXS_TexDump_219086.zip

Not sure who's it is, but I think its Cyrem's.

Cool! Thanks for posting this!

Some textures are disappointingly low quality... Even moreso than LI2! A whole characters texture sheet is fitted on a 128x128 texture-- That's the size of one LI2 torso! Some have even worse compressing than LI2, making some colors bleed out of the outlines. But upside is the game loads faster and is more optimized than LI2, so it's worth it IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.