The LEGO Movie Trailer

lol username

I'd say the movie looks good. Oh! And the music (which you all possible don't care about) is called 'Feel this moment'. I hope that this becomes a success (of course to Lego fans, not really to cinema fans) and now I come to think about it there might be some sets after the film...

Hang on a sec, are you saying that a modern LEGO movie shouldn't contain modern LEGO characters? 0.o They're already including some of the most iconic classics anyway - Johnny Thunder, the classic ghost, a blue spaceman, some Western minifigures, etc.

Anyway, here's an alternate version of the trailer with some new clips.

At 1:10 (and in the Thumbnail) you can see a printed "7:15" tile to the Left of Emmett, which I think is an Electronic Clock.

Guess I'm going to dampen the spirit a little... I'm still not totally convinced.

Granted, the animation and visual style has had a LOT more thought put into it than I predicted, what with not only the stop-motion-esque movements, but also the lighting and camera focus.

Everyone's going crazy over Johnny Thunder, and I'm also quite happy that he'll get at least a cameo, but having been a fan of the Transformers films in the past, I've gotten used to awesome characters being announced for the movie, only to sit in the background or have one throw-away line.

I may be sounding like an old Grandpa now, but I specifically didn't like the choice of characters they showed off in the trailer. Far too many of them were either very recent or licensed figures, I mean, why have a Ninja Turtle in the movie when his theme has existed for about a year, and may not go much further? It'd be like releasing the movie ten years ago and having Winnie the Pooh appear. I know that people are going to go, "Well they had the spaceman and Johnny Thunder!" - you can see my comment above on Johnny Thunder, and I think the spaceman is becoming too much of a fallback for LEGO when they want a nostalgic character. Why not have Redbeard, a Space Policeman or Royal King as well? That said, I appreciate the "battle damage" they gave him.

I also really hope that character introduction sequence isn't in the movie - it's good for a trailer, but I wouldn't want to sit though it in the middle of the narrative!

To be honest, I have no doubt you are correct.  I expect Johnny Thunder, as well as any other appearance of classic LEGO characters we all know and love, to be limited to a nonspeaking cameo.  Heck, a Mermaid who isn't even an official released LEGO minifigure (compare her to the one from Minifigures Series 9) gets the spotlight in this scene, not Johnny Thunder, which I do find disappointing.  But I've come to accept long ago that LEGO is not going to put the spotlight on classic LEGO characters that aren't on store shelves anymore, and is instead going to promote Lloyd Garmadon and Ninja Turtles to make a profit instead.  Therefore, to me, even a nonspeaking cameo appearance for Johnny Thunder is enough to make me happy.

I mean, after all, especially when you consider that LEGO City Undercover was one big missed opportunity for some LEGO Island cameos...

Come to think of it, the feeling of nostalgic bliss I experienced when I saw Johnny Thunder's cameo was the same feeling I had when NetDevil gave Johnny Thunder his classic appearance in LEGO Universe.

Might want to be careful about classic themes coming back, but mainly Johnny Thunder: if he does so much as utter one word, and he sounds nothing like what he did in the comics (or whenever he first spoke), there will seriously be some Mr. Hates in the crowd for that. :P

Johnny Thunder has been given a voice in online games, LEGO Racers, LEGO Island 2, and the LEGOLAND "Laser Raiders" attractionDespite the last of these being released years after the others, Johnny Thunder has maintained a fairly consistent(-ish) voice throughout his years.  As I said before, I'm sure it's only going to be a nonspeaking cameo, but if he does have a voice, I do have some faith that it will sound similar to his previous voices.  Hopefully, it won't be like what Island Xtreme Stunts did to the LEGO Island cast (as terrible as the voice acting was, at least LEGO Island 2 tried to sound like the original cast).

Although, we all know that John Patrick Lowrie would be the perfect voice for Johnny Thunder.  But... honestly, if they got Nolan North to voice Johnny Thunder the same way he voiced "Rick" the Adventure Sphere, I actually wouldn't mind.

I really like the idea of the LEGO Movie but with the Ninjago thing, It's...okay I messed that up.

I really like the LEGO Movie's idea. But the fact that they decided to make another movie just because the trailer for the other one got good reviews, just bothers me.

I remember hearing about this last year and thinking it was going to be stupid, but it actually doesn't look too bad.

Alcom Isst

I really like the idea of the LEGO Movie but with the Ninjago thing, It's...okay I messed that up.

I really like the LEGO Movie's idea. But the fact that they decided to make another movie just because the trailer for the other one got good reviews, just bothers me.

You assume too much.

You assume too much.

You are correct, Sir Alcom.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wondered, the song they used is a remake by Pitbull of a-ha's Take On Me:

Honestly. I like the new version for it's energy, but since I can't seem to find an official upload, and the only I did find didn't even match this one, I have to like the original a bit better.

(Thanks to PANGOLIN2 for pointing out the song!)

Brickulator

If anyone wondered, the song they used is a remake by Pitbull of a-ha's Take On Me

Also, is the music some kind of remix of Take On Me or am I imagining that?

EDIT: It's a Pitbull song that samples A-ha

I can't seem to find an official upload

Whoops, sorry about that. This topic has some pretty long posts, it can be easy to forget someone already said something. :P

Thanks for the vid.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.