Campaign 2 91% Complete | Now: First Level-Correcting Phase|

Hammerkraft

Yeah, hello guys!

I don't forget this :D
My new Status?

I'm studding for my "Abitur", and ATM, we work on projects, which steal all my time.

Sadly, I dont got an answer from Grapheme yet, about the config of all RR-Levels.

Maybe I can get some time, to work on the Mod.
But not at the moment. Excuse me.

With friendly whishes,
[Tec]Admiral Magiehammer

Wow, this is still alive! :D I wish you luck!

Grapheme/Cyrem/High Lord/Dear Leader has been absent from RRU for some time and it will be difficult to be able to talk to him.

If by config you mean Lego.cfg, I can possibly help you out with that.

Hejho!

Thank you really much, aidenpons.

I send you a message with all specifications about the Levels.

If you need more Information, or the Levels itself, send an answer, with what you need.

Thank you much,

Oliver L.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello The Red Medic!
Thats no Problem, but for the last 2 missions the english translation isnt correct I think.

But sadly I have no time atm to write the config so I cant continue on the Mod.

Hammerkraft

Edit:

I dont know why this question is how it is, but: I for my personal cant translate in another Language than English... And as readable: My English is not good. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, I answered your private Message :)

After the next week I will have finished my Pre-Tests for my "Abitur" (graduation?) and have some time to look back into my modpack.

Or what I have done :D

And I changed my Mailadress, now I get directly Messages on this post and private messages on my mail, so I can answer you now almost directly :)

With friendly whishes,

Magiehammer/Hammerkraft

Hey Rock Raiders!

Im back with time!

Really? Yes :)  Important School tests are finished, and so I have the time to finish this big obstacle.

Okay, but first I need a help with this: (I already wrote it Ringtail, but every explain more is better :) )

So, my actual Status is:

I have 25 Levels.

And they are correct exported to use them, already with right ObjektiveText.

Level01 also have a .npl and .nrM .nrn.ptl and so on.

The others dont have the npl...

So, firstly Ill rewrite the NPLs for all levels except level01.

Surprisly (?) I dont see a config in my files, so maybe they got lost and I fully have to remake them.

But I remember, there was an option to choose, which Levels unlocks wich other levels.

For the Story you need to go through all levels in the right line. 1->2->3 and so on.

Spoiler

So, this is one level in the config:

Level01 {
            FullName                        Die_Stunde_der_Bohrer

AllowRename                        TRUE                                         || Rename?
            RecallOLObjects                    TRUE                                        || RecallOLObjects?
            GenerateSpiders                    TRUE                                       || Minispiders?

Video                            Avi\mbats.avi

; Amount of time before an emerge trigger can be reused.  1500 specifies 1 minute.
            EmergeTimeOut                    2500.0                    || What exactly do this?

;;;;; SURFACE TYPE ;;;;;
            BoulderAnimation                ROCK                       || Is this for floor and walls or are they different controllable?
            MenuBMP                            Levels\GameLevels\Level01.bmp,Levels\GameLevels\GLevel01.bmp,Levels\GameLevels\Level01G.bmp                                               ||This have to be how it is or?
            TextureSet                        Textures::Rock                 || or is this for the floor and walls? (lava,ice,Rock?)
            RockFallStyle                    Rock                                  || For the Animation when a wall breaks?
            EmergeCreature                    RockMonster            || Monsters
            ;;;;; SURFACE TYPE ;;;;;

BlockSize                        40                      || Is this and the following for the size of the level?
            DigDepth                        40                      || What means all of this, like Block size, digdepth, for what is this
            RoughLevel                        6                   || in game?
            RoofHeight                        40
            UseRoof                            YES
            SelBoxHeight                    10

FogColourRGB                    110:110:155        // ROCK FOG                || I think the other combinations are at the
            HighFogColourRGB                155:155:110        // ROCK FOG          || other levels, but good for variations at some
                                                                                                                                    || of my levels
            BlockPointersMap                Levels\GameLevels\Level01\Tuto_01.map     || This is for selecting the correct files
            CryoreMap                        Levels\GameLevels\Level01\Cror_01.map
            SurfaceMap                        Levels\GameLevels\Level01\High_01.map
            PredugMap                        Levels\GameLevels\Level01\Dugg_01.map
            TerrainMap                        Levels\GameLevels\Level01\Surf_01.map

SafeCaverns                        TRUE                                                                         || Safe Caverns?

OListFile                        Levels\GameLevels\Level01\01.ol
            PTLFile                            Levels\GameLevels\Level01\01.ptl

ObjectiveText                    Languages\ObjectiveText.txt
            ObjectiveImage640x480            Interface\BriefingPanel\BriefingPanel.bmp,76,100

NERPFile                        Levels\GameLevels\Level01\01.npl
            NERPMessageFile                    Levels\GameLevels\Level01\01.txt

NextLevel                        Levels::Level05                                                  || This is for continuing the levels?

LevelLinks                        Levels::Level05,Levels::Level03            || Can I simply declare Level02 as next?

FrontEndX                        265
            FrontEndY                        475                                             || Front End? For what?
            FrontEndOpen                    TRUE

Priorities {                                || For the next, I simply dont have any Idea :/

AI_Priority_Crystal                TRUE
                AI_Priority_Destruction            TRUE        
                AI_Priority_Clearing            TRUE
                AI_Priority_Ore                    TRUE
                AI_Priority_Repair                TRUE
                AI_Priority_GetIn                TRUE
                AI_Priority_Construction        TRUE
                AI_Priority_Reinforce            TRUE
                AI_Priority_GetTool                TRUE
                AI_Priority_Train                TRUE
                AI_Priority_Recharge            TRUE
            }

Reward {
                Enable                                TRUE
                Modifier                            2
                Importance {
                    Crystals                            60
                    Timer                                20
                    Oxygen                            10
                    Caverns                            10
                }
                Quota {
                    Crystals                            5
                    Timer                                900
                    Caverns                            1
                }
            }
        }

So, could you explain the marked Parts? That would help alot to understand how to write the config.

Okay, thanks for waiting this... wow... 3 years? :D Im sorry, but school isnt easy! Thanks for help :)

Level01 is working correctly and is absolutly done :)

Correct Camera, correct Objective Text, correct goals :)

This means: Im on the right way.

I can write the next .npl and continue on testing and rewriting.

Otherwise it would be nice to know about the post above ;)

Hammerkraft

Okay, I have a Problem:

After I tested Level01, I stopped the game, and wrote the npl for level02, replaced all, rewrite the config.

Started the Game, and load the safegame, just for dont play level01 again, but I wasnt able to choose any next level.

They are black.

Just black, no yellow/black Cross in front of the levels, nothing.

Theres just Level01 and the Tutorials.

But now I can see a new... thing?... in the upper left corner of the level menue. When I click on it, the game crashes.

So, I restored the "nextlevel" and "linklevels" in the config, but it dont help. Its just black.

Does someone have an Idea?

AllowRename means you can rename upgraded Rock Raiders.

EmergeTimeOut is the cooldown time after an emerge trigger is walked over. Time units are 25 per second, so in this case an emerge marker can't generate another monster for 100 seconds after an emerge happens.

BoulderAnimation is different from the TextureSet. You can only have four of them though, unlike level biomes which seem infinite.

Block size is how big squares are. Default is 40, about 16x16 studs. Making them bigger or smaller changes things drastically.

DigDepth is how high the walls are.

I think SafeCaverns has something to do with landslides.

And yeah you can mark level 2 as next as long as you remember to swap that code for levels 2 and 5 so that it doesn't result in a loop.

the front end markers are the pixel positions of the level image on the level select

Priorities list is the order the priorities default in, and whether they're enabled or not.

Okay, thank you!

That will helps a lot, also with level2 and 5.

Ill try to restore the levellinks that I can repair the "just black levels".

Or, could I have breaked the "HardCoded" Code?

I already restored the old Links but it dont worked. ill try to restore the original Config complete, and see what is

This is a picture how it is:

hu2ggplm.jpg

• 2 months later...
Hammerkraft

Whoaaa.... I found the Bug for Level 3... a hidden area on a wall in the Map creator *Facepalm*

I can continue on Level 4 :)

• 7 months later...

Thanks to Slimy Slug for finding the Bug at level06. There was some spaces in the cfg. between Priority {  and the first flag.

Also I got now up to level 9 worked.

I just have the Problem still continuing, that I dont get the objective Texts displayed on the briefing screen.

But Ill have an Idea how I may find, whats wrong :)

Good night :) (its 1am here :D )

• Like 2

I did a lot of changes in the .cfg and on the levels the last 60hours, and with some more time, and the time to play it myself... I may be ready to upload the Campaign 2 this year!

Haha, now Im more happy to get it finished :D (I just read the comments at this Thread, and saw at my Abitur I dont had time and fun on making the rest, but now I can see the end :) )

Haha, and its quite funny, that I play now the levels from 2013, which I forgot :"What was this?". Thats the feeling I miss in the original Campaign, and this will be a complete new Set and Story for you. So im really really interested in your reactions, when you will play this.

Atm I play with 2 more Ideas, but they will need more time, so I think they will more be an Update after the release.

The first is to be the new Chief, because its very weird to read another text than the chied sais.

And the second it some stuff I found on 1 or 2 .nrM of the original levels and the config, which are very very cool if I can use them :D

So, yep.

I need to sleep anyway xD

See ya!

• Like 2

Heya :)

My brother now plays my Mod, and tell me all bugs and curious things, which happens while he play.

At the same time Im on correcting the Levels with his Feedback.

We are now at Level 9 :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi! As its readable, my time is very rare. I dont have two or three full hours to work on it since my last post, so I just can answer sometimes.
The last state of the mod is on the first post in this thread. I have to correct and refinish the levels, try to find bugs and still advance some level-technics.

But also, all in all the biggest work is allready done, creating story, level, config rewrite, recreation of level cause of mistake in "how the levels work", and so on.

The last big work that needed so much time was the config, now its fine-tuning.

I still want to work on it, I just have to get the time for it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hammerkraft

Hi!

I know, its a lot of time gone.

And sadly, its not that much that is left to do.

There are (if I remember correctly) just 3 Levels that dont worked, all others was playable.

In the progress of making this Campaign 2 I learned over the years some things, which would improve the Gameplay of the levels, like the Trigger-function.

But with integrating these new Mechanics I spend more and more time into the same level, more than just for getting an first, completely playable Campaign 2.

And for the last 2 Years now, I had no more time to continueing, in case of weeks with up to 80+h per 7d of "work" (study).

So, just to be sure, I have all that Data up to now, so nothing is lost or so, it "just" need to get a finish.
But as the last years I cant say when I will get that time :/

I want you to know, that Im still on it, but had to see "Life is Hard".

Best regards,

Hammerkraft

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.