Jack Bluebeard

The Captain Redbeard's hat

Jack Bluebeard

Hello guys!

I've noticed that the Capitan Redbeard's hat has a texture screw up, and NOT his head. I've built in my Lego Racers a lot of characters featuring Redbeard's head with other hats and they all went right. There is my favourite pilot too: Capitan Black with the head of Johnny Thunder and the hat of Redbeard. In the gameplay he has the behind head half black half yellow. Is there a way to fix it?

alan

That is a common bug. I'm not sure how to fix this especially when I can't see all the textures. 

Jack Bluebeard

The wierd thing is that in the N64 version when you play as Redbeard this bug isn't present.

there is a screenshot:

photo.php?fbid=419404404834265&set=a.419

How you can see, there isn't any texture screew up.

Brickulator

The texture for the hat seems fine, it might be that a material colour code is wrong in an MDB somewhere, maybe?

alan

The texture for the hat seems fine, it might be that a material colour code is wrong in an MDB somewhere, maybe?

But Redbeard's head doesn't have the wrong color on his back all the time, only with his own hat...

The wierd thing is that in the N64 version when you play as Redbeard this bug isn't present.

there is a screenshot:

photo.php?fbid=419404404834265&set=a.419

How you can see, there isn't any texture screew up.

The screenshot does not work!

RobExplorien

And ever noticed Alpha Draconis's car. That white side on that brick (on the left of his car) that should be black/grey on all sides. (borrowed image from Creator)

alphadragonis.png

alan

There are a few bugs in Lego Racers, as we all already know from the wrong-ordered voices  :tf:

Jack Bluebeard

Excuse me for the screenshot :( . There it is:

0.jpg

If it doesn't work again please let me know.

alan

It is visuable now. That's really strage that the bug doesn't appear in the N64 version...

Noob Slayer

I noticed this a long time ago and it is bugging me into the next millennium! HVS had to have been smoking some really heavy stuff... :tf:

ProfessorBrickkeeper

And do you know how to fix it?

Well you could wait awhile until we finally have a tool for opening, exporting, and reimporting the models from LR as I feel that the problems are probably a problem with the vertex colors themselves which are actually embedded into the models themselves.

Noob Slayer

And do you know how to fix it?

No, I'm sorry. I've been digging around in my extracted JAM files like crazy and I can't find anything.

JimbobJeffers

You could have a look through the binary files defining the opponent colours. I haven't tried it myself, but Creator has experience on the subject.

JimbobJeffers

Why of the opponents?

By opponents I meant all the racers collectively, I can't remember if they're in the same file or separate ones (although I'd assume each gets its own file).

Noob Slayer

OK it looks like this is hard coded. I took the PELVIS files for CR from the N64 JAM and put them into the PC JAM and it didn't fix the bug...

Jack Bluebeard

The PELVISes are for the NPC's drivers, not for the player's. There will be another file for the player's driver.

alan

The player's figures are saved in the savegame and nowhere else. Only the individual parts are saved in the (extracted) JAM.

Noob Slayer

Maybe we could find some way to extract a save file...0.0 That would be amazing!!!

Jack Bluebeard

I think that the problem is in a GDB for the character. But where are they?

Noob Slayer

I had an idea . . . maybe if we figured out some way to break open the CR_MAT file (cause, you know, it's for the AI) and use the hat texture FROM THAT as CR_HAT. Thoughts?

RocketRacer123

Hello everyone. Have you ever noticed the annoying texture error with captain Redbeard's hat? Have a look at the screenshot below:

XDhKWl1.png?1

Is there any way to fix this problem??????  :S