Additional Brick Colors Mod

Oboe Shoes

Fluffy Cupcake

For all the extra spaces unused, make bricks with brand new colors! (in LPIECEHI.MDB and LPIECELOW.MDB change the 53 entiries # to 55 and add two new entries at the bottom or wherever, one titled 'color' an the other 'coloraa'.. just look at the other colors for example, also don't forget to then add the color entry to L_COLORS.LEB, and a new color is good to go. I just did this and it works.)... although this would get rather messy with the limit, so perhaps not.

• Like 1

Thank you for this mod, particularly for its use in recreating one of my favourite Racers characters as you showed in the screenshots.

As to the 30-brick limit, the same applies to adding character parts, and I couldn't find any obvious way of increasing that limit. An error message would always appear, so I wonder if it's hardcoded.

CaptainGolem

Thanks alot for this mod! I was tired editing the colors all the time then changing them back.

This is incredible, just because it doesn't cancel out anything before. I'll definitely use this. I hope research continues on breaking the 30 part limit, but maybe a better way could be adding a whole new part set? I have no idea if that's more reasonable or not, but there aren't thirty of those yet.

Jack Bluebeard

Can you add, Oboe Shoes, to the King kahuka's car set the larger feathers of the NPC model too? Is it possible?

Oboe Shoes

Can you add, Oboe Shoes, to the King kahuka's car set the larger feathers of the NPC model too? Is it possible?

I believe that's just part of the NPC King Kahuka's car, which is all one model, so probably not.

Jack Bluebeard

In the sense that the plumage of Kahuka player and that of Kahuka NPC is different: the first is small, similar to the one of Achu, and the second is larger. Is possible to take only the plumage and not all the NPC model?

As far as I know there is no way to make the parts semi-transparent because they do not have any MDB file. All parts are squeezed into one file (actually, two files: LPIECEHI.LEB and LPIECELO.LEB) and it is not possible to make them transparent in any way there...

I have also not found any value yet that would edit the 30-bricks-limit...

• 2 months later...

Also, if anybody has any suggestions on parts that should be available and/or work well in different colors, please post them here, and I'll see if I can update this with even more bricks. Many lists still have free space.

Hmm.... the bricks use RGB values for the colors, right? Let's do something that is kinda rare in LEGO bricks.... Hey, how about that blueish color on that very rare window frame that was used in LEGO Island (@jamesster could give more info on that color/brick).

lol username

Hey, how about that blueish color on that very rare window frame that was used in LEGO Island (@jamesster could give more info on that color/brick).

Uh what? Those are standard blue.

• 3 months later...

I apologize if this is considered a thread bump, but...

First of all, I have already replaced my LEB files with your modified versions. I'm trying to add a black upside-down slope (not replacing the white upside-down slope) to Veronica Voltage's part set. I've tried Notepad and Notepad++. I copy "s00011 white", which is the white triangle, and I paste it near the end of the file (before the last NUL ACK). The game crashes on start-up whenever I try to add the black triangle part. This is my error message:

xK5SuNN.png

I have a feeling it's because I can't copy and paste the odd "NUL" character that appears in Notepad++? I got the syntax wrong? I'm not supposed to use Notepad(++)? I hope I described it well. :/

JrMasterModelBuilder

I apologize if this is considered a thread bump, but...

First of all, I have already replaced my LEB files with your modified versions. I'm trying to add a black upside-down slope (not replacing the white upside-down slope) to Veronica Voltage's part set. I've tried Notepad and Notepad++. I copy "s00011 white", which is the white triangle, and I paste it near the end of the file (before the last NUL ACK). The game crashes on start-up whenever I try to add the black triangle part. This is my error message:

I have a feeling it's because I can't copy and paste the odd "NUL" character that appears in Notepad++? I got the syntax wrong? I'm not supposed to use Notepad(++)? I hope I described it well. :/

I don't know the specifics of modding the parts, but I wouldn't recommend Notepad++ for binary file editing. A hex editor like HxD would probably work better.

I recommended something totally different than Notepad++ or HxD: The LR1 Binary Editor, created for the purpose of modding LR.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Have fun. :)

Thanks to both of you (and the guy who made the program)! Not sure how I missed the Binary editor thing, but I got my black triangle in-game now. I just built "Dark Goddess". CsAJBar.png

auNyZ8D.png

Nice, sorry I couldn't get back to you on this myself until now, been rather busy as of late.

But yeah, I just used a hex editor add-on for notepad++ to copy the binary bits personally, seeing as these files are about half binary, half plaintext, but as you know, the method you used works just as well.

I hope it's alright with you Oboe Shoes, but I went ahead and added a lot more colors using your modified .LEB files as a base.

Here's an updated list of parts that are now included:

Default Bricks: None
Default Race: None
Default Space: 5 "1x2 tile with Handle" bricks (Black/Light gray/Green/Beige/Brown)
Default Castle: 4 castle flags (Beige/Brown/Light gray/Dark gray)
Captain Redbeard: Racing brown flag
King Kahuka: 2 Light gray corner bricks.
Basil the Batlord: 15 brown bricks (Basic bricks, corner bricks, spoiler)..
Johhny Thunder: 11 beige bricks. Beige corners, spoiler and flag in the next set.
Baron von Barron: Beige corners, spoiler, and flag + 8 "3 x 6 without corner" bricks (Red/Yellow/White/Light gray/Dark gray/Green/Beige/Brown)
Gypsy Moth: 7 inverted slopes (Blue/Red/Yellow/Black/Green/Black/Beige).
Rocket Racer: 17 dark gray bricks (Basic bricks, corner bricks, inverted triangle, spoile, racing flag).
Veronica Voltage: 16 green bricks (Basic bricks, corner bricks, spoiler, racing flag).

Most notable are the inclusions of brown and dark gray colors!

Download

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Denmark calling! 

Absolutely new on this forum, but as my son is crazy with Lego Racers 1 and 2, and wants to create more than what the game holds, I foound my way to you guys. Two questions....

1. The mod here, do I simply unpack it to a specific folder in the game or....?

2. Do any of you know if it is possible to drive as Rocket Racers in Racers 2? Is there a mod for this or is it simply a "no show"

Hope to hear from you

J

• lol username pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.