Chima - Pushed too much?

Ben24x7

Sorry that the topic name isn't good to fit this topic but I'll get to fixing that once I have figured out a name. Also I wanted to say all this on my 'Chima title secret' but with some people disagreeing with me a moderator locked it when I didn't have a second chance to speak.

First, I'd like to say I think LEGO is going too far with this whole Chima stuff. I was reading an online LEGO Club Magazine and I didn't even get past two pages without seeing either a Chima comic or activity. What is wrong with you LEGO?

Second, The television series. Speedorz on the show go way slower than the real LEGO scale versions. The characters have added features (I can only think of one though). How the hell can you insert a crystallized version of Chi into your chest? It would be impossible, you'd spend days trying to get it through your skin.

Third, I feel as though LEGO want to 'hypnotize' us. I took one look at the Chima series in my LEGO catalog and just went 'Meh' but the next day I kinda got addicted with the theme. I heard of the television series and I heard it would be on Cartoon Network and I just felt fine, until LEGO decided it would be a great idea to put the television series on their Chima theme site.

I am just losing my mind here, What is wrong with you LEGO? Now is not the time to bring themes like Chima very quickly. Give us some time!

Sorry that the topic name isn't good to fit this topic but I'll get to fixing that once I have figured out a name

I fixed it.

without seeing either a Chima comic or activity.

This is very common and most themes get comics and activities. Even LEGO Rock Raiders had this stuff back in it's day. I actually enjoy seeing the comics, even if they aren't funny.

How the hell can you insert a crystallized version of Chi into your chest?

This is a fantasy world, with glowing orbs and animals that talk. Don't be too surprised to see this stuff.

I feel as though Lego want to hypnotize us

If by this you mean: TLG wants it to grab kid's attention and be a big seller, yes. I believe making Chima "the next big thing" was part of their planning process. However Chima only appeals to kids... and adults with weird addictions.

Give us some time!

Do you mean, that TLG is pushing Chima too hard too fast? Yes ... probably.

*pauses before typing*

Actually... never mind.

What exactly is the point to this post?

it had a point... but the editor didn't post it and I don't remember what I said now.

I had more in there though :P

How the hell can you insert a crystallized version of Chi into your chest?

Suddenly I was reminded of this:

1063747-1261078579132_super.jpg

• Like 2

Cyrem, thank you for changing the title, it fits perfectly. @McStudz, I guess the thing (whatever it is) on the tribes' torsos (hung around the neck I think) is a little like the thing in the image you posted up. I guess that the thing hung around the animals' necks turn the Chi back into liquid form? It is possible.

I once took a look at the Lego YouTube channel and I found a lot of French versions of Legends of Chima television series, not only does this show that Lego are spreading the LOC theme around the world but Lego are putting M2FILM at a dangerous point and might break M2FILM up like what happened with Mindscape for example.

Now we have a TMNT theme I am honestly thinking about giving up on Lego. I just feel like they have stepped over the line.

Chima is supposed to be like Ninjago - but instead of relying on ninjas, skeletons, and dragons, they're relying on anthropomorphic animals. Both are designed to be hits with kids simply because of what the theme is.

Chima Speedorz suck (they don't work very well) but the models don't have to represent the show accurately.

Third, I feel as though LEGO want to 'hypnotize' us. I took one look at the Chima series in my LEGO catalog and just went 'Meh' but the next day I kinda got addicted with the theme. I heard of the television series and I heard it would be on Cartoon Network and I just felt fine, until LEGO decided it would be a great idea to put the television series on their Chima theme site.

This doesn't make sense. TLG isn't trying to hypnotize anyone in any way, shape, or form. Chima is just a theme designed to be enticing to young children.

How does putting a TV show on their site impact your ability to enjoy it?

I am just losing my mind here, What is wrong with you LEGO? Now is not the time to bring themes like Chima very quickly. Give us some time!

How are they bringing it out quickly? We had teasers for Chima for quite a while, and then the theme, and now the show. This isn't fast.

And even if it were fast, how would that matter? They're releasing a theme. If you don't like it, don't buy it/ignore it. If you do like it, then get it/watch it/follow it. Simple as that.

TMNT is a license attractive more to children than anyone else. The same thing applies here.

There is more to LEGO bricks than themes produced by TLG. They're about creativity, and building things. If you're only into it for the themes, then just explore old themes or wait until themes that you like come out - but you're missing the point, which is not to get hot new toys, but to be able to build your own and do cool things with them.

They've produced comics for a while. I like comics. You can just ignore them if you don't like them.

Now we have a TMNT theme I am honestly thinking about giving up on Lego. I just feel like they have stepped over the line.

So don't buy those themes and wait for ones you do like, then? 

Who (or what) even is TLG!?!

The LEGO Group...

A tip - Heard of Google? You can search things on it. And it's essentially anonymous. No one has to know if you are clueless about a vital part of the community you take part in.

Guess what? They are releasing single minifigures!?! Why didn't LEGO do that for other themes where you could buy a single minifigure without it being a keyring!?!

Oh... they're clocks... But still! This just won't stop!

Guess what? They are releasing single minifigures!?! Why didn't LEGO do that for other themes where you could buy a single minifigure without it being a keyring!?!

Oh... they're clocks... But still! This just won't stop!

LEGO Star Wars got those big minifigure clocks... as well as Ninjago.

(I actually own a Storm Trooper Minifig clock)

You mean like they did for Rock Raiders?

And for future reference, TLC is The Lego Company.

I always think "The Learning Company"

*Prepares hand for slapping forehead*

what a useful post

• 2 weeks later...

Yep... Chima has some decent elements and sets IMO (Nobody kill me for saying this, but I actually like the Speedorz.), but I don't think shoving it down our throats was really necessary... Jeez.

Here is something I noticed in the television series (Yes, I am not banned at the moment). If you were to watch episode 1 (which you probably don't want to) there is a Lion with a white mane in robes. Origonally I thought it was Laval's mother or something until you see at least four or five of the same character in the esame scene in episode 2.

Also in episode 2 there is a male Lion with Female eyebrows (thats according to me though) which appears during the Speedor Joust thing...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.