LEGO Racers Theme Overhaul

Jimbob

Brickulator

Sounds good. I may actually be able to help out with this; the drawing tablet I ordered comes in this week. We'll want more Ideas, though, surely? That's only four confirmed, and they span all three circuits so it'd be a sparse retheming as it is now.

Circuits can be modified to. I imagine it would be possible to keep the original tracks as they are and create a whole new circuit just for our modded ones.

Wait wait wait.

Are you saying that you can make an entirely new circuit, copying the tracks from the other circuits?! AWESOME :P I had no idea you could do that, I thought there was a hard coded limit

Brickulator

Wait wait wait.

Are you saying that you can make an entirely new circuit, copying the tracks from the other circuits?! AWESOME :P I had no idea you could do that, I thought there was a hard coded limit

Is anything really "hard coded" in LEGO Racers? D:

I couldn't get it to work when I tried it ages ago but there probably is a way to add a new circuit if you mess with the files enough. If not we could replace one of the other circuits...

Sounds good. I may actually be able to help out with this; the drawing tablet I ordered comes in this week. We'll want more Ideas, though, surely? That's only four confirmed, and they span all three circuits so it'd be a sparse retheming as it is now.

Circuits can be modified to. I imagine it would be possible to keep the original tracks as they are and create a whole new circuit just for our modded ones.

That is actually amazing. We should just go all-out and make the difficulty for our custom tracks higher as well with path editing.

RobExplorien

Oh, I already have an idea for the Blacktron theme.

We should just go all-out and make the difficulty for our custom tracks higher as well with path editing.

I got that covered in the AcceleRacers mod. That reminds me, I may have to ask for (more) testers to test the new difficulty.

Oh, I already have an idea for the Blacktron theme.

We should just go all-out and make the difficulty for our custom tracks higher as well with path editing.

I got that covered in the AcceleRacers mod. That reminds me, I may have to ask for (more) testers to test the new difficulty.

Yeah, we should just combine that as well, for a more complete mod. Yours can just be bundled with this one, but not vice versa.

You can use my Town textures, If you would like. It would be cool if Studs Linkin could somehow be implemented into the Town portion, his face texture I did is really neat. I suggest you check it out.

RobExplorien

I have Blacktron textures (the original Blacktron faction) for Rocket Racer Run if you want them, and the Blacktron minifigures ofcourse.

Brickulator

You can use my Town textures, If you would like. It would be cool if Studs Linkin could somehow be implemented into the Town portion, his face texture I did is really neat. I suggest you check it out.

We should be able to reskin a Rocket Racer model as Studz Linkin and put him in the track without overwriting the normal Rocket Racer textures, I think.

Thanks for all the textures you'd be willing to add, and if tracks could be redesigned that's all the better. As for themes, I'd really like to get them sorted before starting the actual mod project, and if other members who haven't posted here yet could also share their thoughts that would be great (not that the current ones should stop, I really appreciate your comments).

Below is a draft list I roughly put together, some of the themes are likely ridiculous but I wanted something for a starting point.

[table]

ThemeTrack

Island Xtreme StuntsImperial Grand Prix

Monster FightersDark Forest Dash

Blacktron/M-TronMagma Moon Marathon

BionicleDesert Adventure Dragway

Indiana JonesTribal Island Trail

TownRoyal Knights Raceway

SportsIce Planet Pathway

Alpha TeamAmazon Adventure Alley

Wild WestKnightmare-Athon

VikingsPirate Skull Pass

Harry PotterAdventure Temple Trial

Ghost PiratesAlien Rally Asteroid

Star WarsRocket Racer Run [/table]

I like the ideas expressed here. Most of the themes seem fine, but I don't know if the tracks would match them or not. I am willing to draw textures for this, and if the masks that I am doing for my Kanohi project aren't too detailed or large, some of them could be used for characters in the Bionicle theme.

Thanks for the offer, Prototyke, that would be brilliant.

As to the tracks matching, I wasn't entirely sure which pairs would work best, particularly with the recent discovery of model swapping.

Oh, what a brilliant new project. Has anyone volunteered for the tedious task of recolouring AI cars in accordance with their new themes thus far, or is that position still on offer?

RobExplorien

Oh, what a brilliant new project. Has anyone volunteered for the tedious task of recolouring AI cars in accordance with their new themes thus far, or is that position still on offer?

I think you can go ahead and start on it if you'd like to. I don't know if the themes selected by Jimbob are definite, but feel free to come up with your own suggestions.

What

A community overhaul on RRU?

I give it two more weeks before it dies completely.

original-4.gif

Lair always prefers the direct approach with his commentary.

Anyways, good to see some effort being put into this, although you do need to get a solid plan built. I'd recommend maybe creating a specific list of everything that needs to be done and what you want to achieve, and then hand everybody specific activities and deadlines. Only way to keep it from going the way of Candy Raiders.

• Like 2

What

Nice to see some positive attitude toward something members would like to do together.

Not. 8|

• Like 2

Anyways, good to see some effort being put into this, although you do need to get a solid plan built. I'd recommend maybe creating a specific list of everything that needs to be done and what you want to achieve, and then hand everybody specific activities and deadlines. Only way to keep it from going the way of Candy Raiders.

Thank you, that's a good idea and I'll set about doing it.

Creator, if you'd like to recolour cars, please do!

I take it, the theme list in your first post is valid, then? I think, I'll start by turning Black Jack Hawkins car into a Viking car. (No idea what their sets looked like, but thanks to Brickset, I should be able to look it up with no problem)

Brickulator

I take it, the theme list in your first post is valid, then? I think, I'll start by turning Black Jack Hawkins car into a Viking car. (No idea what their sets looked like, but thanks to Brickset, I should be able to look it up with no problem)

The drivers for each track don't have to stay the same so if you think of someone else who would work better as a viking you could easily use them instead. Same for any racer on any track.

What

Nice to see some positive attitude toward something members would like to do together.

Not. 8|

Tell that to both Candy Raiders attempts and the one theextractor tried to start.

I'm probably just bitter because three Rock Raiders projects failed but the game modding I don't care about is super successful, just ignore me.

What

Not. 8|Tell that to both Candy Raiders attempts and the one theextractor tried to start.

I'm probably just bitter because three Rock Raiders projects failed but the game modding I don't care about is super successful, just ignore me.You don't care about LR modding? Ironic cause I don't care about the LRR video game and never even played it fully, let alone modded it.

• Like 1

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Same with me. It doesn't help I never played RR when I was young though. Or that I really don't care for RTS games a whole lot.

You don't care about LR modding? Ironic cause I don't care about the LRR video game and never even played it fully, let alone modded it.

Uh... how is that irony in the slightest? 

Same with me. It doesn't help I never played RR when I was young though. Or that I really don't care for RTS games a whole lot.

Same, played it for like 10 minutes when I was young, and never really touched it after that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.