Add new vehicle: Rideable Slimey Slug

alan

At first I want to say that I know about the topic Ride Slimey Slugs Mod by Cirevam. But since I never got it to work (automatical and manual install) I went through the files on my own and found the required information for a

Rideable Slimey Slug

that is also listed in the 'Small Vehicles' menu.

Features of the rideable Slimey Slug:

• listed in the vehicles menu with custom icon exclusively for the Slimey Slug
  • animations (already used ingame and those which are hidden in the files) for teleporting down, driving (with RR sitting on it), standing and even:
  • the slug can mine walls (with well-fitting animation, you'll see yourself!)

The only problem is that you still hear the drilling sound (I wasn't able to remove it, sorry), maybe someone (Cirevam?) knows a solution?

DOWNLOAD

Installation Instructions:

Put the folder 'DrivingSlug' into LEGORR0Vehicles (WAD METHOD)

or

Put the folder 'DrivingSlug' into DataVehicles (DATA METHOD)

Add the lines to LEGO.cfg (in LEGORR1 (WAD METHOD) or in Data (DATA METHOD) as it is explained in the Lego_Additional.cfg in the download.

Thanks to Cirevam because he told me how to make the slug drillable!

If you have any questions about the vehicle / download / installation feel free to ask.

Edit: Here's a video:

The only problem is that you still hear the drilling sound (I wasn't able to remove it, sorry), maybe someone (Cirevam?) knows a solution?

Yes. In the CFG entry for the slug, comment out or remove the following lines:
Drillsound			SND_whateversound
Drillfadesound			SND_whateversoundfade
However, you already did this and there is no drilling sound effect in the digging animation. I'm not sure why you can still hear it.

Yes, that's why I'm wondering about it. I wasn't able to find a definition for the sound in the drill animation and also not in the animation of the saws (which are used by the small digger. I copied the drilltip_null from SmallDigger's drilling animation).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can someone do a video of this? It sounds funny, considering how evil Slimy Slugs are.

After buying Fraps I am able to record Rock Raiders, here's a video:

--- see first topic for video ---

After buying Fraps I am able to record Rock Raiders, here's a video: -snip-

So much win. Compared to the other small vehicles, how much faster or slower does it drill?

Next up: Rideable Rock Monster. :af:

Compared to the other small vehicles, how much faster or slower does it drill?

The slimy slug needs 5 seconds for dirt, loose and hard rock. for the whole seam it also needs 5 seconds (because the 'dig into ground animation' is exactly 5 seconds long).

The small digger needs 2 sec for dirt (upgraded 1), 4 sec for loose rock (2 upgraded), 3 min for hard rock (2,5 upgraded) and 32 seconds for whole seams (16 upgraded)

Next up: Rideable Rock Monster.

I would love to do that, but the problem is that there are no animations for a Rock Raider piggyback...

wait... I know what I could do at least: I just do the RR invisible so that you only see the Rmonster... how about that?

Compared to the other small vehicles, how much faster or slower does it drill?

The slimy slug needs 5 seconds for dirt, loose and hard rock. for the whole seam it also needs 5 seconds (because the 'dig into ground animation' is exactly 5 seconds long).

The small digger needs 2 sec for dirt (upgraded 1), 4 sec for loose rock (2 upgraded), 3 min for hard rock (2,5 upgraded) and 32 seconds for whole seams (16 upgraded)

Oh wow. So, it takes a little bit longer on easy stuff, but a whole lot quicker on the hard stuff (for some reason, the fact LRR bases actions on animations times didn't click until just then). Even for the slower easy drilling, I think the price is worth it for the awesome factor of riding a slimy slug.

I would love to do that, but the problem is that there are no animations for a Rock Raider piggyback...

wait... I know what I could do at least: I just do the RR invisible so that you only see the Rmonster... how about that?

So instead of us directly controlling a monster, we've brainwashed it to do the work for us? :P That would work, but if it were possible to add new animations, that would work as well (I need to start looking into the possibilities and limits of LRR modding now that I own it finally).

Don't care about that. The tamed Rock Monster is ready for download.

That would work, but if it were possible to add new animations, that would work as well (I need to start looking into the possibilities and limits of LRR modding now that I own it finally).

It is very possible to add new animations. I have been making dozens of them for custom vehicles, monsters, raiders, and buildings. You just need a certain version of Lightwave in order to export them in a format that LRR can use.

I might make a "rock raider riding rock monster" animation to show how it could look.

• Like 1

This animation is not so important... but there's another one you could do: a good 'idle animation', for example breathing, for the rock monster. The normal idle animation is very statue-like and so I had to use an unused animation slowed down. It's better than the normal idle animation but still it looks like the RM just ran over 100 miles.  :/

• 5 years later...

What's going on with the OP of this topic? I can see some text as the page loads, but then as the video loads it eats it. What's going on? :gasp: And can someone fix it?

EDIT: whoever fixed it, thank you :satisfied:

Edited by aidenpons

• 2 months later...

While the driving slug itself works fine (after one minor edit) I'm unable to get the LRR riding animations to work properly. This is because they are almost certainly a part of Pilot.ae, which you didn't include in the download. Despite my best efforts I still haven't managed to get this to work - could you please share your Pilot.ae too?

• 2 months later...

I present to you: Rideable Slimy Slug, Cafeteria edition!

large.SlugAll.png.0f9d33bec350736fa464118302c590ec.png

Using work by @alan, as well as fishing up old threads from Cirevam, I've made this into a Cafeteria patch where you can teleport the slug down into any level. Not only does it look cute and  ride around in terrible low quality, it can dig walls with its rider's help! It can even dig Hard Rock, although it takes a lot of time (a lot less than the Small Digger though).

large.DigAnim.png.418d0244cc1e132a631de5d4576293b9.png

Yes, that's right: the raider is drilling the wall from the top as the slug undermines it from the bottom. :docs:

(Mod note: This has been accomplished by putting this in Actitives { under Pilot.ae:

Activity_DrillDRIVINGSLUG				Drill

I'm surprised this works. But it does. And might allow cool new stuff to be done: eg when drilling on the Small Digger the raider could put on a faceshield.)

However, I can never resist spending too much time with upgrades and so for 5 ore you can attach some boosters on the side of this poor slug, and for another 5 ore you can... phantomly... float... a.... scanner... in... the.... air? Yeah, I'm not too happy with the Scan upgrade, but I am very pleased with the Engine one :)

large.SlugUGs.png.655d5f3bf4817a63447b91b87352baa3.png

> Download! (Cafeteria patch)

Note: Requires Cafeteria 1.0 Beta 3 to function, as I use its new functionality.

Mostly incompatible (engine upgrade plays up) with Hover Scout Upgrade due to me being a little stupid :whistle:. Expect a fix for that coming sometime soon-ish (I know exactly what I did, I just want to update a couple of things as well).

Will also play up with some other mods if you define mod load order incorrectly (this mod should be up the top, applied at the end of the patching process): I'll work on getting the new Cafeteria functionality into those mods (it's nothing to do with this mod).

There's a potential for Rideable Slimy Slug II, which can shoot lasers from its eyes. Let me know if you want this and I'll work on it :P

On 8/26/2019 at 7:05 PM, aidenpons said:

While the driving slug itself works fine (after one minor edit) I'm unable to get the LRR riding animations to work properly. This is because they are almost certainly a part of Pilot.ae, which you didn't include in the download. Despite my best efforts I still haven't managed to get this to work - could you please share your Pilot.ae too?

I'm not quite sure why it's suddenly working, but it is now. I think this is because DriveSlug and StandSlug are still actually defined in Pilot.ae, in vanilla. Defining them for a second time, as I was doing (like you do with the Hoverboard and all the rest) must cause LRR to break. Kinda surprised it didn't crash.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.