RRU logo video

Brickulator

Brickulator

You may have noticed that I was messing around with the LEGO Racers demo files earlier. After some more tinkering and experimenting I came up with this:

What do you think? Any improvements you think it needs? I did try to get rid of the buildings but the game crashed whenever I tried anything. They don't stand out as much with the background I put in anyway.

If for some reason anyone wants to use this in a video or something, feel free. I can put a download link up somewhere if you don't like ripping from youtube.

Alcom Isst

I would appreciate a download, though first I would like to see the logo larger and at a higher resolution.

Do we have a higher resolution Logo?

Brickulator

I would appreciate a download, though first I would like to see the logo larger and at a higher resolution. Do we have a higher resolution Logo?

Yeah, I kept the logo small to try to conserve the quality. And because the texture for the sign is split into 12 parts so making the logo small was easier for me :P

If anyone does have a higher resolution version I'd be happy to replace it and make it bigger.

Cyrem should have a better version of it somewhere. And this is most excellent! Our LR1 mods should use this once we start making more of them, like how many people use a custom intro image for LRR mods.

Wow, well done.  That is much more than I was expecting, in the best possible way.  Perhaps one suggestion: it might be cleaner at the end to have everything fade out to black except for the logo, wait a few seconds, and then let the logo fade to black.  That way, the site is the thing that is emphasized, not site + billboard.  What'd you use to animate Docs?

Edit: Never mind on that last question.  Should've read your post more closely lol.

It was pretty good. All I can recommend is changing the resolution.

I wasn't particularly happy by the music, but that's just me. I always thought RRU's theme song was Down Under - M83.

• Like 1

It is fine, you can hear wiggle worms (I think that is what the soundtrack was called) faintly at the start, but good job anyway.

''

I planned to do one myself where the words "Rock raiders united" unfolded in a mechanical way. I cannot put all the clips together though...

Nice! Now, if only someone would remake this this a bit neater in Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, and the like, it would really stand out!

Yea, same for music and low. A bit low, too small, and does RRU have an official song (IDK what the song McJobless mentioned is).

Now, if only someone would remake this this a bit neater in Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, and the like, it would really stand out!

*Ahem!* I can do that (not the sparks and all that but defiantly I can animate Docs and whatnot).

Alcom Isst

Now, if only someone would remake this this a bit neater in Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, and the like, it would really stand out!

*Ahem!* I can do that (not the sparks and all that but defiantly I can animate Docs and whatnot).

You talk big kid, but I have yet to see how you actually perform.

• Like 3

Wait wait, I am working on a picture!

Here it is!:

The expression was made by me, the lever by me, all that (apart from the minifigure model of course. If you ask me the picture came out pretty good overal.

Edited by Ben24x7

Brickulator

sml_gallery_7257_305_30068.jpg

The expression was made by me, the lever by me, all that (apart from the minifigure model of course. If you ask me the picture came out pretty good overal.

It looks alright, but even if you manage to animate it to a decent standard I'm not sure I see the point of doing so. If you're going to create an animation to advertise RRU or whatever, and you are capable of doing so, why not make something original? I used the HVS intro because it was easy to mod. I wouldn't have recreated it from scratch like you seem to want to.

On the subject of my own video, I've tweaked it a little bit visually and changed the music so it doesn't start until the lever is pulled. Once it's finished I'll put out a version without music as well for those of you who want to use something else. I'm just waiting to see if Cyrem has a better version of the logo I can use.

Brickulator

By the way, is the face animated or is it just made out of pictures (the one used in the HVS)?

It just uses the same 6 expressions as every other character model in the game. I used LuxorV's face decal and modified it with Commander Cold's expressions.

Brickulator

Ok, I tweaked a few things and made it widescreen, used a bigger logo (thanks Cyrem!), and got rid of the "city" background because it didn't feel very Rock Raiders. I'm not planning to modify it any further, but I will put versions with and without the music up for download for anyone who wants to use them for anything.

Too bad you are not modifying it any further. I guess you are unable to add or change models because it would be cool that after Docs pulls the lever and flashing starts the scene lasts a bit longer and red eyes appear in the background. As the camera shows over Docs' shoulder it would be neat if he were to look around and be pulled away just before the camera pans up to level with the sign.

It is impossible, even if you are modifying it more (which you are not). It still is a good video though.

Brickulator

Too bad you are not modifying it any further. I guess you are unable to add or change models because it would be cool that after Docs pulls the lever and flashing starts the scene lasts a bit longer and red eyes appear in the background. As the camera shows over Docs' shoulder it would be neat if he were to look around and be pulled away just before the camera pans up to level with the sign.

It is impossible, even if you are modifying it more (which you are not). It still is a good video though.

It's not impossible, the cutscenes are very moddable and I just posted a thread on that exact subject. But I don't really see why you would want red eyes in the background? You mean like a Rock Monster?

Anyway, I still might modify it more in the future, but I have a busy few weeks ahead so it wouldn't be for a while. Maybe once I've spent more time playing with the cutscenes.

If you are creating your own version of this in blender or whatever, why not try doing these ideas yourself?

t is fine, you can hear wiggle worms (I think that is what the soundtrack was called) faintly at the start

what

no seriously, what?

Car CrazeXVI

t is fine, you can hear wiggle worms (I think that is what the soundtrack was called) faintly at the start

what

no seriously, what?

Don't you remember? WMP thinks track 1 is called "Wiggle Bugs" for some reason.

Why does he still use WMP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.