Morbius fanclub

Lair

At this point I may as well just wait until all of the comics are finished, then read it all through from beginning to end.

Also I need to remember to go through and thank every post that contributed something, cause you guys deserve it. Really.

While I haven't posted since my last silly mistranslation of Docs, I've been carefully following this topic, especially once Dark_Turtle started contributing scans (you might have noticed my frequent thanking of posts).  Still, clicking a little green button that says "Thank/Like" isn't enough for me, so I have to express my gratitude in words as well.

I've always been a sucker for LEGO stories and characters, especially from the unforgettably zany years that were the late 90s (even if deciphering LEGO canon means throwing in a little MOCanon every now and then... by the way, I love that term!).  Given that most LEGO media prior to the early 2000s is difficult to find on the internet, it was certainly a wonderful surprise when Dark_Turtle and Hallfiry showed up and started contributing scans that were translated in turn by Tazakk, turning this topic from a discussion of a funny-looking Rock Raiders comic into the revelation of this absurd yet enjoyable comic series that many of us never even knew existed!  It's a shame that, based upon Hallfiry's scans of the 2001 issues, World Club Magazine stopped running the Time Cruisers comics and started running the normal LEGO Mania Magazine comics.

So thank you, Dark_Turtle and Hallfiry, for taking the time to scan and upload these comics for the world to see.  Thank you, Tazakk, for providing translations.  Thank you, TalonCard, for those interesting pieces of trivia that you contributed to the discussion.  And thank you, Fushigisaur, for compiling Tazakk's translations into a single, easy-to-browse folder.

-----

Now, I know we haven't finished the translations for the last few comics, but why don't we do a quick little recap of what we've seen so far?

So Tim Timebuster (formerly Tim Time Cruiser) and Ali (also known as Ingo) from the Time Cruisers line go traveling through time and space, visiting the following themes:

1. Fright Knights
  2. UFO
  3. Wild West
  4. Extreme Team
  5. Res-Q
  6. Adventurers (Egypt)
  7. Insectoids
  8. Aquazone (Stingrays, Aquanauts)
  9. Ninja
  10. Space Port
  11. Rock Raiders
  12. Trains
  13. City Center
  14. Adventurers (Dino Island)
  15. Knights’ Kingdom (2000)
  16. Arctic
  17. Studios

And a few interesting summarized notes from these comics:

• Fright Knights and UFO take place concurrently, which appears to follow up on the crossover featured in this commercial.  Unlike the US storyline, Count Batlord (Basil the Bat Lord) and Izralda (Willa the Witch) are enemies, and Count Batlord is the leader of the Fright Knights, a sort of campy "dark but not evil" faction; this could possibly be explained by an alternate universe theory, since the aforementioned commercial refers to Castle Planet as being located in another universe.  The UFO aliens are referred to as the Star People.  Unlike his US counterpart Alpha Draconis, IXVIZIKIL (as well as his fellow Star People) is a helpful ally, not a villainous invader/conqueror.
  • Wild West, Extreme Team, Res-Q, and Adventurers (Egypt) take place concurrently.  This is not unusual to see Extreme Team and Res-Q crossing over, but the inclusion of the other two themes makes this interesting, although Johnny Thunder had teamed up with Extreme Team once in the LEGO Mania comics (in that same comic, he also visits the Aquazone and encounters Insectoids).  Extreme Team and Res-Q also take place in the Wild West; while the Adventurers theme takes place concurrently, it's far away from the Wild West (presumably, located in Egypt).  According to Maddox (Dex), Professor Cyber has enhanced the Extreme Team's vehicles.  Slyboots is a former prizefighter, following the same canon as "Die Jagd nach dem Pharaonenschatz".  Professor Cyber's brother is Professor Articus (Dr. Charles Lightning/Kilroy), who has been searing for years for the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins because it contains a portal to another dimension, Armeron.
  • Insectoids and Aquazone take place concurrently in the Armeron dimension.  Aside from the different planet name, this appears to follow the same canon as  "Insectoids Invasion", which previously showed Aquazone sets on Holox.  Apparently, the Insectoids interface is nearly identical to that of Dr. Cyber's time machines.  Only Stingrays and Aquanauts appear in the comics, although the other factions can be inferred to also be there.  The unnamed leader of the Stingrays appears, and he doesn't appear to be based on any particular minifigure.  Professor Hydronis of the Aquanauts (also not based upon any particular minifigure, aside from the speculation that he is a "Take That!" to Dr. Cyber's zanier physical counterpart) has also been experimenting with time travel, made possible with a much smaller machine than Dr. Cyber's hypno disks.
  • After that, there are no more crossovers between themes; Tim zaps into one theme, helps out, then zaps out into a different theme.
  • There are two robbers in the Ninja line.  Oddly enough, the one that LEGO Mania identifies as "Bandit Chief Kendo" is not the same one that World Club Magazine and Adventures Magazine identify as the "Robber King".  On that note, it appears that Adventures Magazine and World Club Magazine use the same naming conventions for characters with dub name changes, such as Mr. Hates (Baron von Barron) and Navigator Sharp (Gypsy Moth).

As the last few comics are translated, I hope we'll find some more interesting trivia.  I look forward to it.

• Like 3

Unlike his US counterpart Alpha Draconis, IXVIZIKIL (as well as his fellow Star People) is a helpful ally, not a villainous invader/conqueror.

I do believe that Alpha Dragonis and IXVIZKIL are two different characters though. Vizzy does not match Alpha's minifig in the slightest, but rather seems to be based on this minifigure. (though his head appears to be based on alpha's)

In fact, that was the minifig used in the commercial, wasn't it? Was this fig ever refered to as Alpha, because according to brickipedia (and LR) Alpha is this minifig.

But even with them being two different characters, that doesn't resolve friend/foe issue with fright nights. Or why both are referred to as the leader of the Star People. I guess alternate continuity is the best answer.

I don't know enough about the other themes to respond to anything else you said, it all sounds fine to me.

I am curious about this 'insectoids invasion' thing you mentioned, though. Is that the maze book, or something else i don't know about? EDIT: I just checked, it is the maze book. Also I remember seeing Exploriens sets in there as well, so lump them in with the Ameron continuity.

I do believe that Alpha Dragonis and IXVIZKIL are two different characters though. Vizzy does not match Alpha's minifig in the slightest, but rather seems to be based on this minifigure.

In fact, that was the minifig used in the commercial, wasn't it? Was this fig ever refered to as Alpha, because according to brickipedia (and LR) Alpha is this minifig.

Directly compare them:

'>

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ufo_alien_black.jpg

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ufo_alien_red.jpg

IXVIZKIL has the head, helmet, armor, and torso of Alpha Draconis (black). The only bit of him that looks like Chamon (red, ignoring that photo comic where Chamon was black/grey) is his legs. Perhaps whoever assembled the sets used for reference when drawing the comic accidentally got the legs swapped around between those two minifigures? Regardless, he's much closer in appearance to Alpha Draconis than Chamon.

IXVIZKIL has the head, helmet, armor, and torso of Alpha Draconis (black). The only bit of him that looks like Chamon (red) is his legs. Perhaps whoever assembled the sets used for reference when drawing the comic accidentally got the legs swapped around between those two minifigures? Regardless, he's much closer in appearance to Alpha Draconis than Chamon.

"Chamon" so is that the red one's name then? I'll remember that.

Anyway Vizzy also seems to have Chamon's body (grey with two vertical black stripes going down it) though the center is orange and he has Alphas black-arms-with-grey-hands.

He likely wasn't based entirely on either figure.

Do the other Star People have names, officially?

"Chamon" so is that the red one's name then? I'll remember that.

Anyway Vizzy also seems to have Chamon's body (grey with two vertical black stripes going down it) though the center is orange and he has Alphas black-arms-with-grey-hands.

He likely wasn't based entirely on either figure.

The red alien is referred to as Chamon here, but it gets messy in the photo comic >here.

IXVIZKIL's torso looks a lot more like Alpha's torso than Chamon's torso to me - angular black strips/triangles at the side, and no gadgetry to be seen, despite the gadgetry on the legs being drawn in. Also, the arms/hands.

As for names for the rest of the UFO characters, the red droid is Andy Droid ("brother" of Ann Droid from Exploriens, don't ask me how that works), and then...

http://www.miniland.nl/LEGOclub/Bricks%20en%20pieces%208%201997.htm

... yeah it gets messy again.

• Like 2

You Batterby Schure to read this one!

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Something I forgot to mention earlier: The bearded technician's name is Felix Combo here, but on LEGO.com he is named Flex Combo. Typo that no one caught because it is also a word?

X-Commander was the name of the blue one in Bricks n' Pieces, in the UK.

EDIT: ninja'd. Ironic because the comic is about ninjas.

• Like 3

XVIZKIL's torso looks a lot more like Alpha's torso than Chamon's torso to me - angular black strips/triangles at the side, and no gadgetry to be seen, despite the gadgetry on the legs being drawn in. Also, the arms/hands.

Agree to disagree, I guess. It's hard to get a good look at him, that first page is the only one in the comic that shows him in full. Interestingly, this page shows him from behind, and his body is blue instead of grey. A mistake most likely. The lack of cybernetics could just be the art style, but like you said, they were drawn on the lags so that's not an excuse.

Hm. Maybe they are the same person, but I see much potential with having them as separate characters. But it's more likely your version, that they were meant to be the same but someone messed up the minifig they were using for reference.... how boring....

EDIT: oh sweet, next comic translated. Now we've caught up to space port so I can get all of the translated ones in the album....

EDIT2: Okay, the album is updated through the Rock Raiders comic, but only the second half of the Trains comic has been translated so I won't add part 2 without part 1.

Hopping forward to the end half of the second Rock Raiders comic (with Trains).

Page 3

Page 4

EDIT:

EDIT2: Okay, the album is updated through the Rock Raiders comic, but only the second half of the Trains comic has been translated so I won't add part 2 without part 1.

All of the Trains parts are translated now. I think you should have a clean stretch up to the City Center/Dino Island comic now, with the second Dino Island one hopefully coming soon.

EDIT 2: This one is kind of surreal. Articus would appear to have changed his name, forgotten his dream to learn more about Armeron, and picked up a new hobby of obsessing about eggs. And slightly altered his beard. Also, the Adventurers have gone back in time. I guess you could argue this is a dimension alternate to the one Tim went to the desert in, but that doesn't explain why Tim fails to recognize Articus.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

• Like 3

All right, imgur updated through the Dino island comic (both parts). And I made sure they were in the right order this time, as last time it added the new pages to the beginning rather than the end of the comic...

And Tazakk, I was going through your gallery and I noticed that dino island is listed as #20 and Arctic as #21, but there seems to be a comic that goes between the two, which would make arctic #22. Just pointing that out.

http://www.miniland....eces 8 1997.htm ... yeah it gets messy again.

whoaahh... messy indeed, two names for the same minifig on one and the same page? :lol:  Thanks for sharing anyways, never seen that^^

so my guess goes so far:

Alpha Dragonis/Alpha Draconis (US) -  Ixvizikil (DK/GER): Grey Alien, mentioned as 'The Overlord' in the promo booklet

Commander X? (UK) - Drake? (GER, dunno, might just be a mistranslation of 'Draconis'): Blue Alien; 'The Officer'

Chamon (DK/GER): Red Alien; 'The Pilot'  (btw I think the odd one with the black mask from 2543, wasn't meant to be a separate character)

Techdroid I (UK): Blue Robot

Andy Droid (US) - Techdroid II (UK): Red Robot

The UK names are from the '98 catalogue (http://www.peeron.com/catalogs/1998/medium/6/). Though it's odd that the Bricks'n'Pieces issue's Techdroids are both the blue characters (blue being somewhat odd to UFO's color scheme), matching their description as 'brothers in arms'...

mysterious...

EDIT:

btw: Are you aware of Captain Magenta (Space Police II), Commander Bear (Ice Planet 2002) and Major Kartofski (Spyrius)? (all UK names)

EDIT 2: This one is kind of surreal. Articus would appear to have changed his name, forgotten his dream to learn more about Armeron, and picked up a new hobby of obsessing about eggs. And slightly altered his beard. Also, the Adventurers have gone back in time. I guess you could argue this is a dimension alternate to the one Tim went to the desert in, but that doesn't explain why Tim fails to recognize Articus.

Well, that was interesting!

At this point, it seems that "alternate universe theory" might be the only way to go.  There's no continuity at all between the Adventurers Egypt and Dino Island comics, right down to changing the professor's name and personality!  Granted, Dino Island is where the naming issue began mucking things up, but even his beard is different... there's no indication at all in these comics that Professor Titus and Professor Articus are the same character.  Not to mention that this version of the Dino Island storyline is a far cry from every other version of the story; rather than discovering a Lost World type island, they've actually traveled back in time... and no sign of Baron Sinister von Evil Hates or Lovely Gail Reed, either.  Looks like we're pulling a Fringe and crossing over into alternate timelines.

Either that, or it's time for the ever-applicable Wild Mass Guessing that Dr. Kilroy is actually a Time Lord.  Well, then, that certainly puts the TARDIS cameo in "Scene 24: Johnny Thunder Blows This Taco Stand" in a new light...

Quisoves Potoo

Well, that was interesting!

At this point, it seems that "alternate universe theory" might be the only way to go.  There's no continuity at all between the Adventurers Egypt and Dino Island comics, right down to changing the professor's name and personality!  Granted, Dino Island is where the naming issue began mucking things up, but even his beard is different... there's no indication at all in these comics that Professor Titus and Professor Articus are the same character.  Not to mention that this version of the Dino Island storyline is a far cry from every other version of the story; rather than discovering a Lost World type island, they've actually traveled back in time... and no sign of Baron Sinister von Hates or Lovely Gail Reed, either.  Looks like we're pulling a Fringe and crossing over into alternate timelines.

Either that, or it's time for the ever-applicable Wild Mass Guessing that Dr. Kilroy is actually a Time Lord.  Well, then, that certainly puts the TARDIS cameo in "Scene 24: Johnny Thunder Blows This Taco Stand" in a new light...

Is "universe" the only possible translation from the German?

I find it perfectly plausible that the writer simply created another character based off the Dr. Kilroy minifigure. Though it is frustrating that the Desert plot wasn't followed up on. "Hmm tee tmm... I'll just forget about Ameron and continue randomly traveling through time and space. After all, I can get back to Professors Articus and Cyber whenever I want, right?"

If Dr. Kilroy is a Timelord, he wouldn't send Tim to Ameron without any information, he would likely have gone himself. Thanks to said lack, Tim almost died of suffocation. Though it is more fun if you think of it that way.

Is "universe" the only possible translation from the German?

German for "universe" is "universum," so it would seem the word pretty specifically means "universe."

It's the final countdown! And it's also King Richard, yet again! The Knights' Kingdom and Knights' Kingdom/Arctic comics.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

• Like 3

King Richard, eh? Interesting. Brickipedia says that Cedric and Leo/Richard are sons of the Royal King/King Richard from Royal Knights, but doesn't provide a source, anybody know if that's legit or not? It doesn't sound implausible, as Cedric hides out in the Dark Forest, and I haven't read the Knights Kingdom books yet so I know I'm still in the dark regarding a good chunk of the theme's story.

Edit: Just noticed this on Bricklink:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=KKCD

What.

Slightly offtopic:

I got a pile of magazines the other day and one contained quite a large ad for Rock Raiders:
'>

(Rock Raiders CD case for scale)

The height is about 34.5cm (13.6 inches if you are intellectually misled) and is 49cm wide (19.3 inches).

The magazine (MCV) was for store owners, not for consumers.

• Like 1

King Richard, eh? Interesting. Brickipedia says that Cedric and Leo/Richard are sons of the Royal King/King Richard from Royal Knights, but doesn't provide a source, anybody know if that's legit or not? It doesn't sound implausible, as Cedric hides out in the Dark Forest, and I haven't read the Knights Kingdom books yet so I know I'm still in the dark regarding a good chunk of the theme's story.

Edit: Just noticed this on Bricklink:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=KKCD

What.

I don't remember anything about a relationship between the characters, but I've only read Castle Under Attack! I think BobaFett2 mentioned having the other, longer Knights' Kingdom book at some point, so maybe he would know? It would be kind of funny, since the Royal King had his cousin Rob N. attacking him from the Dark Forest, too. A family tradition of having an evil relative that covets your throne hiding out in the forest.

The Bricklink thing looks like a copy of LC:KK that would have come with those Prinzenrolle cookies. I guess that at this point we have to consider the Prinzenrolle Prince an official LEGO character. xD

I got a pile of magazines the other day and one contained quite a large ad for Rock Raiders

Huh, cool. I don't think I've seen that particular image of the Chief before.

The Royal King and Rob N. Hood are cousins? Huh, I don't remember hearing that before, where's it from?

There's also Sir Richard, the hero of the Crusaders theme. I'd like to imagine that he's simply a younger version of King Richard from Royal Knights, but I have yet to see any official indications of this. But hey, it's LEGO, you're supposed to imagine things, right? :lol:

• Like 1

The Royal King and Rob N. Hood are cousins? Huh, I don't remember hearing that before, where's it from?

It's from the description of Hemlock Stronghold here.

And now, it is time for Tim's journey to come to an end. Sort of.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

• Like 3

Er wird uns zertrampeln!

You accidentally a speech bubble.

There was another untranslated bubble earlier, but iirc it just said "Wie war" and didn't really matter much.

Er wird uns zertrampeln!

You accidentally a speech bubble.

There was another untranslated bubble earlier, but iirc it just said "Wie war" and didn't really matter much.

Boy, I sure am great a proofreading these, huh? Should be fixed now.

That's what the readers are for, right? ;P

I have imgur all caught up, but I have to ask

And now, it is time for Tim's journey to come to an end. Sort of.

Does this mean this is the last issue there is, that we know of? 'Cause if so that's a real bummer, ending on a cliffhanger like that.

Does this mean this is the last issue there is, that we know of? 'Cause if so that's a real bummer, ending on a cliffhanger like that.

Yep, the Studios comic is in all probability the final one. There's still the Prinzenrolle prequel comic and potentially as much as three more years of comics preceding the ones in World Club to be found in Klick, though.

Either 'Uiiiiii' is a word or you were really slack in the last translation.... 'Ui' (with different numbers of i's) appears often in the last comic.

Sometimes I regret following this topic: *goes away for three days*... *twenty notifications, all about 'German LRR Human Comic* :rf::P

Back to the comics: Oh wow, WHAT IS HAPPENING?

And I'm pretty sure you can turn on one of those castle carts...

Why does Tim make friends with nearly everyone immediately? On the first page, not halfway down, is what I'm talking about.

ending on a cliffhanger like that.

Cliffhanger? That's a cliffhanger? Nobody is saying he couldn't retire as a film director and screw time and space travelling?

The comic has to end sometime... unless German issues of the Lego Club Magazine have this still ongoing.... :P

I would write more but Jamesster doesn't like my big walls of text ;P

• Lair changed the title to Morbius fanclub

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.