Morbius fanclub

Lair

Either 'Uiiiiii' is a word or you were really slack in the last translation.... 'Ui' (with different numbers of i's) appears often in the last comic.

AFAIK "Uii" is just the German onomatopoeia for the sound a monkey makes. Like you you might say "ook" in English.

Back to the comics: Oh wow, WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Time travel. Time travel is happening.

Cliffhanger? That's a cliffhanger?

Yes. Maybe "cliffhanger" isn't the best word to use, but it just ends right in the middle of things. No conclusion, just "where will Tim zap to next?"

He doesn't even get to finish the movie.

EDIT: somehow the formatting broke and put like twenty "[./quote]"s after my post. Removed them.

Did I say I was done translating? Not at all! Here's the City Center comic from the first 1998 issue.

The Armored Car Robbery

Page 1

The armored truck brings cash to a large bank. Suddenly another truck rams it.

"Quite a lot of money, hee, hee..."

"Help! What is happening here?"

"I'm afraid that it's a raid!"

The robber steals the money and jumps into his getaway car.

"Good thing I had parked my second car so close nearby."

"It will bring me quickly to my hiding place."

The security personnel from the armored car trigger the alarm.

"The alarm comes from the City Center."

The police do not lose time. They immediately begin the chase.

"Calling all units! Track this robber!"

"SOUND THE ALERT!"

"Sirens!"

"Move! Move!"

"Such gangsters must not escape!"

Page 2

The road workers jump to the side just in time.

"Help! Watch where you're driving, you fool!"

"Wow! They are almost too fast!"

"All units! Prepare a pincer attack!"

"Ha! Now we have him!"

"This machine has power!"

"Oh, no! I've fallen directly into a trap!"

"We have you! Our pincer attack worked!"

"Crap. Crap. Crap!"

"The garbage truck there is a good road blockade."

Crime doesn't pay when the police are around!

"Crap, crap, crap!"

End

• Like 3

I was thinking, now we have the whole comic, it might be coll to set up a TVTropes page for the series. I did a search to see if there was one and there was not, though I did find a brief mention on another page which read: "Time Cruisers and Time Twisters feature only male characters, even in the LEGO Mania crossover comics with other themes."

So there is antoher TC comic in MANIA, but I know that mania is in english so that doesn't need a translation. But I'd still like to see it.

I may set up a page later if there is interest, and onyone with a TVT account can contribute.

So there is antoher TC comic in MANIA, but I know that mania is in english so that doesn't need a translation. But I'd still like to see it.

Surely! It's just a two-part thing, but it's in the July-August and September-October issues of MANIA Magazine.

I haven't translated the interview with Kim Hagen yet, but woah there is some great stuff in the photographs. Hagen's copies of a few Klick-era comic pages, for the most part.

gallery_3221_387_4859.jpg

gallery_3221_387_4542.jpg

gallery_3221_387_20881.jpg

And then there's this. Tim's little brother and the original Time Cruiser?

gallery_3221_387_760.jpg

EDIT: It looks like Hagen threw together a random blog in 2002 and pasted a writeup on Time Cruisers from 1998 in it. It's an interesting read. Note

This concept applies to the section of Tim Time Buster occurring after the Sept./Oct. No.

...so although the year seems to be missing, the fact that the description focuses on the Microzapper arc implies that it means the September October 1998 issue. That means no new info on the earlier stuff, but there are a few interesting tidbits, such as the relationship between Tim and Cyber (he's Tim's uncle, making Articus his uncle, too, which makes Johnny Thunder his cousin?). Also, he calls Ali Ingo, implying whatever region the comic was originally written for used that name.

• Like 4

I was thinking, now we have the whole comic, it might be coll to set up a TVTropes page for the series. I did a search to see if there was one and there was not, though I did find a brief mention on another page which read: "Time Cruisers and Time Twisters feature only male characters, even in the LEGO Mania crossover comics with other themes."

I may set up a page later if there is interest, and onyone with a TVT account can contribute.

I'd be happy to help with a TV Tropes article. In fact, I was the one who wrote that bit about Time Cruisers on the "Chromosome Casting" page.

I'm guessing that the article would probably be under the namespace ComicBook/TimeCruisers.  We still need to write an article for Toys/TimeCruisers while we're at it.  Alternatively, we could merge both articles into a single Franchise/TimeCruisers...

EDIT: It looks like Hagen threw together a random blog in 2002 and pasted a writeup on Time Cruisers from 1998 in it. It's an interesting read. Note

This concept applies to the section of Tim Time Buster occurring after the Sept./Oct. No.

...so although the year seems to be missing, the fact that the description focuses on the Microzapper arc implies that it means the September October 1998 issue. That means no new info on the earlier stuff, but there are a few interesting tidbits, such as the relationship between Tim and Cyber (he's Tim's uncle, making Articus his uncle, too, which makes Johnny Thunder his cousin?). Also, he calls Ali Ingo, implying whatever region the comic was originally written for used that name.

Very interesting.  It becomes even weirder if you consider the possibility that, if Dr. Kilroy and Dr. Cyber have no other siblings, that would mean that Dr. Kilroy is Tim's father and Dr. Cyber is Johnny Thunder's father.  And if they only have one other sibling, that raises the possibility that Johnny and Tim are brothers!  And then, when we factor in Johnny Thunder's son Josh Thunder, who could possibly be Tim's nephew... and then, if Max Timebuster and Tim Timebuster are related... hoo boy, it's one big crazy family we've got going on here.

Fortunately, this could be mitigated by the possibility that "uncle" does not guarantee blood relationship.  For instance, if Dr. Cyber is married to a Mrs. Cyber née Timebuster whose nephew is Tim, that would also mean that Tim is Dr. Cyber's nephew even though they're not related. 

Though, the former situation would make for a really corny family sitcom.  "The Fresh Tim of Leg-Godt"?  "That '90s Show"?  "Brick House" - oh wait, that one's already the name of a LEGO webcomic...

such as the relationship between Tim and Cyber (he's Tim's uncle, making Articus his uncle, too, which makes Johnny Thunder his cousin?)

It becomes even weirder if you consider the possibility that, if Dr. Kilroy and Dr. Cyber have no other siblings, that would mean that Dr. Kilroy is Tim's father and Dr. Cyber is Johnny Thunder's father.  And if they only have one other sibling, that raises the possibility that Johnny and Tim are brothers!  And then, when we factor in Johnny Thunder's son Josh Thunder, who could possibly be Tim's nephew... and then, if Max Timebuster and Tim Timebuster are related... hoo boy, it's one big crazy family we've got going on here.

Fortunately, this could be mitigated by the possibility that "uncle" does not guarantee blood relationship.  For instance, if Dr. Cyber is married to a Mrs. Cyber née Timebuster whose nephew is Tim, that would also mean that Tim is Dr. Cyber's nephew even though they're not related. 

Though, the former situation would make for a really corny family sitcom.  "The Fresh Tim of Leg-Godt"?  "That '90s Show"?  "Brick House" - oh wait, that one's already the name of a LEGO webcomic...

omg_wtf.gif

I'm really not sure what to make of this. I'm very interested in the earlier comics, though.

Quisoves Potoo

Surely! It's just a two-part thing, but it's in the July-August and September-October issues of MANIA Magazine.

I haven't translated the interview with Kim Hagen yet, but woah there is some great stuff in the photographs. Hagen's copies of a few Klick-era comic pages, for the most part.

gallery_3221_387_20881.jpg

Hmm, that picture seems to depict an alternate version of the first comic, sine speech bubbles. It would seem that Ali is the responsible for the accident in this version. How interesting.

And as for this:

And then there's this. Tim's little brother and the original Time Cruiser?

gallery_3221_387_760.jpg

More curiosities. Though this version of Tim looks markedly different, he still has the smiley-face hat. I greatly wish that that vehicle had been made as a set.

I'm guessing that the article would probably be under the namespace ComicBook/TimeCruisers.  We still need to write an article for Toys/TimeCruisers while we're at it.  Alternatively, we could merge both articles into a single Franchise/TimeCruisers...

The namespace issue is the main reason I haven't made an article yet. I mean, when you get down to it, it's a toyline, however the comic is the sole source of canon FOR the toyline, other than a few scattered magazine articles. And i don't think it could be considered a franchise, but the Rock Raiders page is under the Franchise namespace so maybe that's the best option.........

And now for the rest of it.

Issue 2 1998

The Hunt for the Magic Ruby of the Pharaoh

Page 1

It is reported that Ramses III, one of the sons of the great Ramses II, was buried with a huge ruby. A ruby with magical powers! Therefore, the daring adventurer, Joe Freeman, and his good friend, Billy Speed​​, along with Professor Articus , the famous archaeologist , and the reporter, Linda Lovely, travel to the Valley of the Kings. There, they want to search for the ruby​​.

But when they begin to land in front of Ramses temple, they suddenly discover that the unscrupulous criminal, Mr. Hates, has arrived with his helper Sly Boots ahead of him.

“What the devil? There are grave robbers at the temple!â€

“Yes, and they have stolen the papyrus scroll that reveals the entrance to the tomb! And arghhh! The path to the ruby!â€

“Ho, ho! In less than 10 minutes the Ruby will be ours!â€

“First we need to know the password that protects us from the terrible curse of the mummy...â€

“Someone desecrated my grave! You will not escape me!â€

Page 2

“Wow! It is even bigger than I had imagined!â€

“It must be worth millions! Mr. Hates, we're millionaires!â€

“The grave robbers must not escape with the ruby! It is historically significant!â€

“I simply must film this expedition!â€

“Help! A trap!â€

“Whooops ! I almost lost my arm!â€

“Do not dare to touch that ruby, or you will have to meet my skeletons!â€

“And we will bury you for the next thousand years!â€

“We let him out!â€

“NOBODY manages to escape with the Ruby of the Pharaoh!â€

“I told you that we needed to find the password before we went in!â€

“We better just FILM the ruby... from a safe distance!â€

1998 Issue 3

The Stingrays Steal our Crystals!

Page 1

The Hydronauts: This cool research team lives in an aqua dome on the sea floor. In their hi-tech submarines, they are on the hunt for the most amazing crystals, which they snatch with their amazing suction and gripper arms from the deepest columns inside the earth!

The Stingrays: Insidious, devilish sea people that have lived on the sea floor for so long that they are half fish half human. They even have gills! Their underwater vehicles look more like animals! They are in constant readiness for opportunities to steal the Hydronaut’s crystals!

“Message to base! An amazing crystal has been found!â€

But the Stingrays are in a nearby cave on the lookout ...

“Hurry up!â€

“Send the Lobster on their tail!â€

“Brilliant! I can detach myself from the mother ship! And then I can go out with my gigantic pincer gripper!â€

Page 2

“You devil! You common thief!â€

“Give me the crystal! Or I'll crush your air cylinder with my strong pliers!â€

“Nice loot, Lobster!â€

“But now, back to the cave! Quick!â€

“This isn’t a game. I will attach my suction arm to your submarine - and you absorb the energy!!!!â€

“Pooh! That was a heavy piece of work!â€

An Attempt to Escape from the Most Secure Prison in the World!

Page 1

The prison is the only building on the island. And the most dangerous prisoners in the world are locked up there!

The worst criminals each have a small cell to themselves. And there are prisoners who are planning a breakout.

This fortress-like prison is located on a tiny island in the deep, cold ocean - and the only way to escape is with the boat.

The prison is guarded by the most vigilant and smartest guards. And they have so far prevented any outbreak!

Page 2

That evening, the Gangster Crooks try to break free ...

“Go to the other guards!â€

“Yeah, leave us at peace , you garish rapscallion!â€

“Keep your mouth shut! Or you’ll end up on bread and water!â€

Everything seems normal, but in the cells of Gangster Crooks ...

“Pssst! ...Are we all ready?â€

“Yeah, except for the storm outside, all goes according to plan!â€

In the storm, the guards cannot hear the Gangster Crooks. Only by pure chance did the search light spot the hole in the wall.

“Good evening , director ! Why are you looking so worried?â€

“I have a bad feeling someone will try to break out.â€

“Ho, ho, ho! These idiots think they can hold me in here ...â€

“O.K., buddies, let's get out of here!â€

“The storm looks bad...â€

The guards get to the boat as fast as lightning, and go out to sea.

“Attention! An escape attempt! Sound the alarm!

“In this weather they’ll never make it to the shore!â€

The storm is too much for the criminals!

“Welcome home, guys! Did you have a nice bath? Ha ha ha!â€

“Achoo! Achoo! Achoo!â€

“Gesundheit!â€

1998 Issue 4

True Adventure Freaks Know no Fear!

Page 1

“I hope that I can manage some great shots today!â€

“Wow! Everything is always full of movement at the X-Treme Camp ...â€

“This is great!â€

“Please smile, buddy! I got you in the picture!â€

“Wow! The bikes there are going at top speed!â€

Page 2

“Rock climbing requires strength and dexterity.â€

“Hey, hopefully you have no fear of heights!â€

“Of course not. This isn’t my first time climbing!â€

“Wow! That must be great!â€

“Do not worry, when I get down, you can have a turn!â€

“Cool!â€

“What amateurs over there! I hope they do not fall down!â€

“Yiippiiee! Fantastic racing power!â€

“Hard to believe! They get crazy speed out of these catamarans!â€

“Wow! The X-Treme climbers have reached the top!â€

SOS! There is a Tidal Wave!

Page 1

A terrible storm is moving toward the coastline of Holidayville. The RES-Q team gets ready for action. Suddenly, the alarm sounds!

“Help us! The bridge is collapsing!â€

“We're on our way!â€

“The tourists are in mortal danger!â€

“We’ll take care of it!â€

“The storm is snapping the palm trees! (CRAAAACK) Like matches!â€

“Help me out!â€

“We also need help!â€

“Help! We are drowning!â€

“I can hold on no longer!â€

“I’ll swim over with the life line to get them out!â€

“O.K.! Then I’ll pull you all on board!â€

“Thanks a million! You were so fast!â€

“We just do our job, my friend.â€

Page 2

“It is total chaos! I just hope we can do it in time!â€

“Tango 2 to Delta 4: We let down the winch!â€

“You can begin, Tango 2. We are ready!â€

“This is the worst disaster I have ever witnessed!â€

“Do not panic! For our crane it is an easy task to pull up the palm tree!â€

“Get me out of here!â€

“Luckily, we have the best rescue equipment in the world!â€

“Tango 3 to Alpha 2: The situation is under control!â€

“Good work, Tango 3â€

“Alpha 2 calling all units! Each of you deserves praise! You are the greatest!â€

1998 Issue 5

Beware of the Giant Insects on Planet Armaron!

Page 1

The efficient Captain Webb and his crew have gathered in the Arachno base. Together with the daring Corporal Steel, the robot Techno Leon, the scientist Wizer, the clever Officer Maverick, and the sharpshooter Navigator Sharp, he explains their task - a Volt-O-Lyth mission!

Volt-O-Lyth Stone
Ordinary stones of the planet Armaron turn into Volt-O-Lyth when they are struck by lightning. The energetic stones can be used to power the spaceships.

“Find as many Volts-O-Lyth stones ​​as you can, so that we can continue to have energy for our vehicles and equipment!â€

“Beware (beep) the dangerous (beep) insects!â€

“We will keep our eyes open.â€

“Even though it was long ago the beasts were last sighted on the surface.â€

“The radar shows Volt-O-Lyth activity, Navigator Sharp!â€

“Cool! Then we’ll go down here.â€

“Uh... did you hear that?â€

“Yes. Call the base immediately!â€

Page 2

“Vespular Stinger calling base! The Insectoids are attacking!â€

“Space Swarm calling base! I have located Mosquito Scout and Vespular Stinger ...â€

“but... I cannot see Maverick or Sharp!â€

“Do not worry, Captain! Techno Leon and I will sort it out!â€

“Alert! I've lost radio contact!â€

“They are at risk!â€

Commander Webb does not hesitate. He sends the robots and his best man, Corporal Steel!

Corporal Steel finds the Mosquito Scout and the Vespular Stinger. But Maverick and Sharp are gone.

Page 3

“I'll (beep) go to the (beep) ships ...â€

“I'll check that tunnel!â€

“Yippee! Look at all these Volt-O-Lyth stones! Wow, that's what I call luck!â€

“As you had predicted! Good idea to simply avoid those Insectoids!â€

“Hey! What's going on?â€

“Oh no! Steel is right on his way into the Insectoid nest!â€

Maverick and Sharp rush back to Techno Leon and embark on a mission to save Steel.

Steel escapes the Insectoid nest at the last second.

“Arrgh! I have nothing but Insectoids behind me!â€

“We have to beat it and flee, comrades!â€

“O.K.! But the next time I’ll shoot immediately ...â€

“My circuits have seized up from the shock!â€

“I guess we will return later for the Volt-O-Lyth stones​​, or ...?

The Gangsters have a Cunning Plan...

Page 1

Thursday, 20:00 o’ clock
The money in the vault of the Chicago Bank is always delivered Thursday night, because Friday is payday. But they plan a sophisticated robbery. A group of them comes in the front, raiding the main room of the bank, while the other group loots the vault.

Tonight the transporter brings an additional box with gold bars.

“Wow, this gold weighs a ton!â€

“Come on, you wimp! I want to go home and watch TV!â€

“Out of the way, girl!â€

“Cool, I see no guards!â€

“I’ll leave the engine running ...â€

“Bank robbers! They may not see me ...â€

“Hands up, people!â€

“At this moment, the others are just breaking into the vault...â€

“Help! Do not shoot!â€

“Be quiet!â€

Page 2

“There are gangsters robbing the bank. We need support!â€

“Wow! A box full of dollars!â€

“We’ll take everything!â€

“I hope the reinforcements are on the way.â€

“Yes. Alone, we’re finished ...â€

“Give us all the cash!â€

“But...â€

“Do what you're told!â€

“Fast! Bring the box with the gold bars out! Quickly!â€

“Oh, no, oh, no, this is hard!â€

Page 3

“Go! Go! Surrounded them! Forward!â€

“The bandits are heavily armed!â€

“Do not worry, they have not yet discovered us ...â€

“We have surrounded the main room!â€

“Well done!â€

“O.K.! Don’t move!â€

“Oh, no!â€

“Throw your guns down, you criminals!â€

“We surrender...â€

“You’re under arrest!â€

“Hands up, now!â€

“Oh, no! We’re caught!â€

“Do not shoot!â€

“How could you surprise us that easily? Just tell me that!â€

“Well, the Chicago bank has the best security forces in America! Ha ha ha!â€

“Bring in the prison van!â€

“You’re destined for years behind bars.â€

“Damn it! Crap!â€

Rare Find in the Ancient Sphinx!

Page 1

“Look, this is the Sphinx - the famous Egyptian statue!â€

“She is gorgeous!â€

“I hope that the grave robbers have not been here before us ...â€

“The secret button must be here ...â€

“Strangers? But they do not look like grave robbers ...â€

“I'll start with cooking the food.â€

“Great storage space!â€

“We need to get it to safety before the unscrupulous collector, Mr. Hates, finds it!â€

“The Great Ruby! I have found it!â€

“Hurry up, Professor! Take my hand!â€

“We should get out of this dusty place. Pronto!â€

“Hates is coming!â€

“They're gone! And I bet they gave the ruby ​​to the museum. The fools!â€

1998 Issue 6

Thunder and Lightning! And masses of Volt-O-Lyth Stones!

Page 1

The planet Armaron is shaken by powerful thunder and lightning hitting it - and Captain Webb and his courageous crew are happy because the lightning strikes generate the Volt-O-Lyth stones ​​that they need as energy for their equipment!

A short time later, the two heavy vehicles, Gryllo Hopper and Formicola Collector, are in full action!

“-Wow! I have never seen so many Volt-O-Lyth Stones​​!â€

“Cool (beep)! This means (beep) we can replenish (beep) our stocks ...â€

“Who is watching for Insectoids while we work?â€

“Our sharpshooters Corporal Steel and Navigator Sharp!â€

Page 2

They work with high speed. But suddenly the Arachno Base crew discovers their sharpshooter have been gone – for forever!

“Where have Steel and Sharp gone on Armaron?â€

“Maybe they have found a new Volt-O-Lyth mine?

“I’ll return to the base and call them on radio ...â€

“Hey, buddy. Did you take a nap?â€

“No, darn ...â€

“Good work! I’ve never seen such vicious-looking beasts before!â€

“We’ll hunt these insidious Insectoids back to their nest!â€

“What a day! We found huge amounts of Volts-O-Lyth ... and the Insectoid are expelled! It's as if Christmas and Easter fall on the same day!

End

...and the interview:

He makes the Cool TimeBuster Comic!

We visited Kim Hagen, the man who makes the Timebuster series in your LEGO WORLD CLUB for you.

"I was terrible in school, because during school hours I drew all the time. So I decided I'd better become an artist, when I was grown up."

"If there is to be a new story for Tim, I always start with by playing with the LEGO characters. This gives me the feeling as to the heart of the theme[?]!"

Here are the first sketches that Kim made of Tim and his time machine. Since then, some things have changed ... [this is purple Tim/yellow Time Cruiser]

"It takes at least a week to write a new story and draw it. I look long and hard at the LEGO submarine before I draw my own."

"I do everything by hand - computers are not involved. However, I have an electric pencil sharpener, because my pencils have to be sharp as a needle."

"I do not add the colors - I have an expert do that."

Gain 2 points!
Can you draw Tim and Ali? Try it - just send us your drawing and then earn two more points for your pass! (Need help? On page 20 you will find a mini drawing course!)

EDIT:

I mean, when you get down to it, it's a toyline, however the comic is the sole source of canon FOR the toyline, other than a few scattered magazine articles.

There's also the audio dramas. There's a link in the description there to the Eurobricks topic with the English transcript, and the transcripts for the others (that we don't currently have the audio for) are in this topic, I think.

• Like 3

While this isn't in German, it is a rather unusual Lego comic, and therefore pertains to this topic, methinks. Go to page 16. It might just blow your mind, (or not, as the case may be.) http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/LEGO/gfx/LegoManiaMagazine/1998/5%20September/5%20Sept%201998.pdf

Considering that's one of Tazakk's scans you linked to...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tia10-Pubblicita-Advertising-Werbung-1995-Lego-crea-lidea-Klick-Junior-TV-/270895392227?pt=Pubblicitario&hash=item3f129fa5e3

Watch KLICK from Monday to Friday on JUNIOR TV to laugh, play, and win trips to LEGOLAND Windsor with the LEGO CREATE THE IDEA competition.

not sure how to express my confusion in text

Junior TV is an Italian channel that went off the air in 2003. The Wikipedia article doesn't mention Klick at all. Based on the sets in the ad, it looks to be from 1995 or so.

Well... it appears there was an LEGO TV show on that channel at one point? Probably a news program or something. Like the magazines, only in show form, showing off new sets and giving ideas for custom builds. Something like that, I would guess.

It makes you wonder, though....

• 1 month later...
lol username

*bump*

So in summary, we are still missing:

• The initial Austrian Klick comics,
  • The Time Cruisers board game and cards and whatnot,
  • That Prinzen Rolle tie-in comic.
Correct? And what's our best bet for getting those?

EDIT:   btw: Are you aware of Captain Magenta (Space Police II), Commander Bear (Ice Planet 2002) and Major Kartofski (Spyrius)? (all UK names)

Missed this before. I've seen "Commander Bear" and "Major Kartofski" in various places, and directly tied to the minifigures, but I've only seen "Captain Magenta" here. Is the name ever used anywhere else, particularly along with a specific minifigure? There's really only one choice of a minifigure that would fit him (the higher ranking SP2 officer with the epaulettes) but it'd be good to see another source.

On a slightly related note, here's a nice behind the scenes look at one of the Max Timebuster commercials:

http://www.miniland.nl/LEGOclub/Bricks%20n%20pieces%203%201994/2.jpg

http://www.miniland.nl/LEGOclub/Bricks%20n%20pieces%203%201994/3.jpg

And various versions of the final commercial:

So in summary, we are still missing: The initial Austrian Klick comics, The Time Cruisers board game and cards and whatnot, That Prinzen Rolle tie-in comic. Correct? And what's our best bet for getting those?

That's what we're missing as far as Time Cruisers, plus anything that may have been on Klick TV (still kind of 8S on that, though). There's also the rest of the LEGO World Club issues that Dark_Turtle hasn't been able to upload, which I assume would have several photo comics in them along with all of the rest of the content.

As far as the Prinzenrolle comic and the board game, I think that Dark_Turtle is virtually our only chance of ever seeing them. World Club is an obscure magazine as it is, and I don't imagine there are too many people out there that would hold on to promotional items tied to it, even compared to the magazines themselves, after all these years.

But if World Club stuff is obscure, then the old Austrian Klick issues seem to be virtually nonexistent. I'm keeping my eye on eBay, but even if something were to come up there isn't a ton I could to unless the seller decides to ship internationally. Unless I missed something, nothing notable has appeared since alan and I failed at our attempt to get some magazines a while ago.

Missed this before. I've seen "Commander Bear" and "Major Kartofski" in various places, and directly tied to the minifigures, but I've only seen "Captain Magenta" here. Is the name ever used anywhere else, particularly along with a specific minifigure? There's really only one choice of a minifigure that would fit him (the higher ranking SP2 officer with the epaulettes) but it'd be good to see another source.

While we're on the topic of minifig names, check out this neat early attempt to compile a list of them. The really interesting part is JohnKelly's post:

I was in the model shop when Ice Planet rolled out.  That summer before it came out, they passed around a theme summary that named all of the mini firgures in the theme.  Turned out there were names for the other themes as well.  Pity I didn't write it down, or I'd be able to post it.  The one that I do remeber is the red haired woman from Ice Planet was Major Urusa.

The implication here is that LEGO named all of the characters for the US region, and then just never used the names in advertizing ever. This would explain where the Black Knight and Commander Cold come from in LEGO Racers; HVS was sent all of LEGO's info on the minifigures, including, apparently, stuff that was never publicized.

Also, I'm willing to bet that he is misremembering, and that it is really Major Ursa. Because, you know, Ursa Major. :af:

• Like 1

While we're on the topic of minifig names, check out this neat early attempt to compile a list of them.

Wow, that... that is very hard to read, I have no idea what is going on there.

But since you brought it up.... can we get our own list going on? Please? I would really like that.

Also, I'm willing to bet that he is misremembering, and that it is really Major Ursa. Because, you know, Ursa Major.

Maybe she's just asian? ウルサ. This is now my headcanon.

Wow, that... that is very hard to read, I have no idea what is going on there. But since you brought it up.... can we get our own list going on? Please? I would really like that.

The link opens up on a specific post, I think, one by Tim Courtney. Scrolling up or down, you can see other posts compressed into a single line with a star, the author's name, an excerpt, and the date. Clicking expands the post. In any given post, purple denotes a quoted post that the poster is responding to. It's all kind of weirdly set up still, but hopefully that helps a little.

A list of minifig names sounds like an excellent idea.  :D  Do you have a particular way of setting it up in mind? Since so many figs have different names depending on region, I imagine we are going to need a table of some sort to hold all of the information neatly.

A list of minifig names sounds like an excellent idea.    Do you have a particular way of setting it up in mind? Since so many figs have different names depending on region, I imagine we are going to need a table of some sort to hold all of the information neatly.

Well we could maybe post a topic for the time being. JJ alerted me that BBcode has a table option.

Something like

[table]

US NameEUR NameOther Names__________________________________________

Gypsy MothNavigator SharpInsector 2__________________________________________

WillaIzraldaN/A__________________________________________

[/table]

IDK. Just used the first couple that popped into my head...

Of course there would have to be some way of indicating what minifig the names belong to.........

Well we could maybe post a topic for the time being. JJ alerted me that BBcode has a table option.

That sounds like an excellent idea. I think I still recall most of the German minifig names.

While we're on this subject, here's a list of characters that I've compiled myself.  It's a little lacking - formatting looks gaudy in Notepad (copypasta'd from Word, that's why), sources aren't cited, there's no images, Chima is missing entirely, and other themes (e.g. Ninjago) may not be up-to-date - but it might be helpful to this discussion.

While we're on this subject, here's a list of characters that I've compiled myself.

That's... that's quite the list.

Maybe a topic wouldn't be able to fit everything?

Eh, we could still try. Who wants to post it?

(Also, who is "rocky" under the rock raiders characters?)

(Also, who is "rocky" under the rock raiders characters?)

A rock monster maybe? Dunno for sure...

Yeah, in MANIA Magazine the Rock Raiders call the Rock Monster ('the' because the magazine's canon seems to include only one total) Rocky.

• Lair changed the title to Morbius fanclub

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.