Morbius fanclub

Lair

docsisamanlyman.png

So that's what it means. That's a lot funnier than what I assumed. Its a pity. You just don't learn how to say that kind of stuff in early German classes.

lol username

Reminds me of someone...

Team-Fortress-2-Saxton-Hale-511x371.jpg

Are we sure that Docs isn't Australian?

and Docs is brimming with so much manliness that he is now officially the LEGO equivalent of Saxton Hale.

Reminds me of someone...

Team-Fortress-2-Saxton-Hale-511x371.jpg

Are we sure that Docs isn't Australian?

>and Docs is brimming with so much manliness that he is now officially the LEGO equivalent of Saxton Hale.

I did not see that the first time. My bad.

You guys do realize that what PeabodySam posted is a joke, and not the actual translation, right...?

Loch sakes Jamsster I don't think Tim would say 'Crap' in a child's comic. If no one can translate right then who can we trust?

Back to the comic, someone said Bandit didn't have many roles but why of all things is 1) Jet not in it and 2) why is Bandit piloting the Tunnel Transporter? He is a sailer not an experienced pilot. Tim is lucky Bandit didn't break the sterring wheel (or controls) and the Tunnel Transporter falled into a lake of lava.

lol username

Loch sakes Jamsster I don't think Tim would say 'Crap' in a child's comic. If no one can translate right then who can we trust?

... I honestly can't figure out what the heck you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say that mild language isn't used in LEGO media? Typically not, but "The LEGO Story" did use "damn"... Are you trying to say we can't trust anybody to translate it? I... What...? 0.o

... I honestly can't figure out what the heck you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say that mild language isn't used in LEGO media? Typically not, but "The LEGO Story" did use "damn"... Are you trying to say we can't trust anybody to translate it? I... What...? 0.o

Yes, what I say is that mild language should not be in Lego magazines where a child could easily read it out aloud (and I do believe 'Crap' is worse than 'Damn') so what I am saying is that I don't believe the use of the word 'Crap' is in the english translation and if no one can translate properly (PeaBodySam is a translator I am not planning on trusting) then who can we trust? Google translate? Nope!

lol username

Yes, what I say is that mild language should not be in Lego magazines where a child could easily read it out aloud (and I do believe 'Crap' is worse than 'Damn') so what I am saying is that I don't believe the use of the word 'Crap' is in the english translation and if no one can translate properly (PeaBodySam is a translator I am not planning on trusting) then who can we trust? Google translate? Nope!

Waitwaitwait. Let me get this straight. You're saying that...

1. "Crap", a slang term for poop, is worse than "damn", which means to send somebody/something to hell,
  2. The word "crap" was in the English version despite nobody even mentioning the word until you randomly injected it,
  3. A Saxton Hale parody makes somebody untrustworthy,
  4. Google Translate can not be trusted.

leo.gif

4. Google Translate can not be trusted.

That was what I was referring to. And now I realised that I am yet again diverting the train off the track (in other words, this topic is going the wrong direction).

That was what I was referring to. And now I realised that I am yet again diverting the train off the track (in other words, this topic is going the wrong direction).

Translation of the comic is still on-topic. While Google Translate isn't perfect, it gets it right some of the time. Additionally, different cultures have different tolerances of words. So a word you might think is bad, might not be viewed that way somewhere else. Due to the way language works, you can't get 1:1 word translation. PeaBodySam wasn't trying to translate it, he was captioning that picture for a joke to... you know... make people laugh.

PeabodySam

PeaBodySam is a translator I am not planning on trusting

Huh, that's interesting. Because according to my ever-accurate translation of German, this is actually a pivotal plot point of the comic, wherein the presence of an anomaly leaves Sparks with no choice but to let Tim drive the Granite Grinder.

untrustworthytranslator.png

But while the Rock Raiders struggle to figure out the source of this anomaly while dodging an angry Rock Monster, can they hope to cure Docs of his Testosterone Poisoning?

docsisadrill.png

"Please wait while your Web browser displays what is happening below the surface of the water."

i need one of those weird gifs right now

lol username

"Please wait while your Web browser displays what is happening below the surface of the water."

i need one of those weird gifs right now

That and the "This is somewhat similar to the United States" bit had me cracking up laughing when they were spat out of the translator.

Docs: "This is somewhat similar to the United States"

Maniac: "It is full of sadness"

RockMonster: "Grrr".

hahaha.

EDIT: Ugh sniped. :(

Docs: "This is somewhat similar to the United States" Maniac: "It is full of sadness"

Maniac?

Where?

That's Tim the Time Cruiser or some character based off of him saying that.

• Lair changed the title to Morbius fanclub

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.