Morbius fanclub

Lair

Post in this thread if yuo are a fan of MORBIUS, the greatest cinematic experience of all time!!!!!!!!!

2903034__safe_fluttershy_bat+pony_marvel

Edited by Lair
  • Like 2

I hope there aren't any more of those comics. Sparks is freaky.

I actually like their version of Sparks :/

(mine is better though)

Docs however... should not look like that.

ARE THERE ANY GERMANS HERE WHAT DOES IT SAY?

I don't speak much german at all, but the jist is that the Tim and Ali's spaceship (?) exploded and their cockpit land in a cave. They are surprised to see a mining base and some random rock raiders Sparks asks if he would like to help. (odd) He tells the kid he can pilot the drill because he can't do it. After he starts drilling the burly raider Docs tells him to wait a moment because something shows up on the scanner. They yell "What is that?" "A Rockmoster" when the rock moster shows up and yells to get to transport vehicle. Tim almost doesn't get on but the raider says he'll pull him on in a second. The raider then mocks the rock monster. The rock moster smashes the ship with a rock amid their yelling of bad luck and at the end Tim says "No! Help! Help!".

If someone is fluent please correct any errors I made.

I don't speak much german at all, but the jist is that the Tim and Ali's spaceship (?) exploded and their cockpit land in a cave. They are surprised to see a mining base and some random rock raiders asks if he would like to help. (odd) He tells the kid he can pilot the drill because he can't do it. After he starts drilling the burly raider tells him to wait a moment because something shows up on the scanner. They yell "What is that?" "A Rockmoster" when the rock moster shows up and yells to get to transport vehicle. Tim almost doesn't get on but the raider says he'll pull him on in a second. The raider then mocks the rock monster. The rock moster smashes the ship with a rock amid their yelling of bad luck and at the end Tim says "No! Help! Help!".

The "random" rock raider is Sparks, and the "burly" one is Docs. Bandit is also in there.

I suppose someone could try typing a transcript and running it through Google translate or something.

This is fascinating.

PeabodySam

Rather... intriguing.  Something about the way Tim is drawn here reminds me of that one artist on deviantART who did those Time Cruiser storyboards.  Meanwhile, Sparks has a nose large enough to rival the Mario Bros., and Docs is brimming with so much manliness that he is now officially the LEGO equivalent of Saxton Hale.  AND YOU WON'T LIKE ROCK MONSTER WHEN HE'S ANGRY.

Although, I notice that this is from LEGO World Club Magazine... which was also available in English.  Meaning an English translation of this exists somewhere already?

I suppose someone could try typing a transcript and running it through Google translate or something.

I started to do this but ATM I don't have time to do the whole thing, so I just did the first couple speech balloons.

Original:

Ächz! Diesmal glaubte ich schon, wir würden tief, tief unter der Erdoberfläche enden!

Sieht aus wie eine Art Minen-Basis... Interessant...

English (via Google Translate)

Groan! This time I already thought we would delve deep end, below the surface!

Looks like a mining base ... Interesting ...

Not a perfect translation, but it will suffice for now.

Very interesting! I had assumed up to now that, by 1999, World Club Magazine, which in its past had been Bricks n' Pieces, had moved from original content to a regurgitation of LEGO MANIA Magazine. It seems that this isn't the case. The art direction in this comic is definitely unique... though I can't say I am terribly fond of it, personally.

I started to do this but ATM I don't have time to do the whole thing, so I just did the first couple speech balloons.

I hope I am not stealing your thunder here, but I actually have already run the comic through Google translate. I wouldn't have done so had I known that you were already in the process, but I started before you posted about it. Perhaps there would still be something to glean from having two people translate it, though. Your translations may end up being more accurate.

Anyways, here's what I did:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

I know, I know, I have incredible skills when it comes to editing text into a comic. Please, hold your applause. :P

Alcom Isst

It would be more fitting if Doc and Bandit had the body proportions of each other's depiction.

Also, I have been reading too many Man Comics, and cannot unsee this as potential material.

Wait wait wait. Tim Timebuster?

... Is Tim related to the time-traveling criminal Max Timebuster or something? 0.o

Max Timebuster? I had no idea LEGO had a time traveling character before Time Cruisers. Where is it that he is identified by name/shown to travel through time?

Given that Max appears in European LEGO commercials, and that LEGO World Club Magazine was the European LEGO magazine of the time, it is indeed very possible that the two characters are related. If someone could get a hold of the 1996 issues of World Club Magazine, we may be able to know for certain.

lol username

There's various 90s catalogs you can see on Peeron that feature him, and he's also seen in some old Town commercials embedded in the Brickipedia page. Doing a Google search for "LEGO Max Timebuster" should being up some discussions involving him, I found quite a few while researching the character.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

You know what, even ripping up the magazine to shreds would be an improvement on this atrocity, excuse me, comic.

Before thread was posted > 6 views

After thread was posted > 50 views

I hope I am not stealing your thunder here, but I actually have already run the comic through Google translate. I wouldn't have done so had I known that you were already in the process, but I started before you posted about it. Perhaps there would still be something to glean from having two people translate it, though. Your translations may end up being more accurate.

Technically it's not 'my' translation, it's Google's. But I'll keep working on it and see if I end up with something different.

Sorry to double post, but I've been doing some searching trying to find the rest of this comic...

I haven't found it yet, but I do have a lead.

1344461670m_DISPLAY.jpg

It's the next issue, with the rest of the comic in it.

So far I've only found the cover, but now we now which issue it is, so that helps.

A human version of Rock raiders... I don't think that was a good idea... Sparks looks okay but Docs and Bandit (and the Rock monster)... really Lego? I don't find it amusing to see Lego characters being human (there is a forum topic on that kind of thing) as it just ruins their looks.

A human version of Rock raiders... I don't think that was a good idea... Sparks looks okay but Docs and Bandit (and the Rock monster)... really Lego? I don't find it amusing to see Lego characters being human (there is a forum topic on that kind of thing) as it just ruins their looks.

When you do it in a realistic manner, then it works out fine. This is a little too cartoony to me.

PeabodySam

Yeah, yeah.  Say what you will, but between that mustache, nose, chin, and big, burly, hairy arms, I still think that Docs makes this comic Rated M... For Manly!

docsisamanlyman.png

• Lair changed the title to Morbius fanclub

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.