Make non-drilling vehicles drillable?

alan

Hey, I got a question about the vehicle modding.

Does anyone know how to make it possible that for example the Tunnel Scout can drill? 

I already tried to add the activity in the .ae file (with any animation) and added the drill values in the cfg.

Additionally I tried to attach the 'drilling skill' as an upgrade but that didn't work either.

So, do you know any way?

You need to add a null to the vehicle's stand and route animations (route at the bare minimum, stand might not need it), then define that null as a drilling null in the vehicle's AE file. You must also define drill times in the CFG and add a drilling activity to the AE, which you already did.

I hope you have Lightwave or know how to edit LWS files with Notepad.

• Like 2

I hope you have Lightwave or know how to edit LWS files with Notepad.

No, but I didn't need that :P 

You need to add a null to the vehicle's stand and route animations (route at the bare minimum, stand might not need it), then define that null as a drilling null in the vehicle's AE file. You must also define drill times in the CFG and add a drilling activity to the AE, which you already did.

Yes, I did that (also had to add the null to the drill animation, just copied from SmallDigger). 

And it is working, thanks!

When I now drill the drilling sound and drill fade sound appear (from the SmallDigger). But I don't want those to be heard while drilling with my 'new' vehicle... I guess the sounds come with the nulls in the animation files, but where? Do you know anything about that how I can deactivate the sound for only that vehicle?

I believe the drilling sounds are defined in the CFG. I'm not on my normal computer so I can't check right now, but I will when I get home. You can define sounds to play in the LWS if you'd like, and you do that by adding a null and naming it after the CFG sound entry with the frames for when the sound will be played. If I wanted to make dynamite beep when it is first placed, I might create a null called "SFX_beep,1". I think it might actually be "SND,SFX_beep,1" but it will be clear when I can look at my files.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.