LEGO Awesomeness

lol username

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

While reading up on some old MOCs I bumped across Phantom Terror's Makuta entry for a Lego's "Build your Makuta" competition. A short bit of googling later, the winner of the competition was thus:

Large.jpg

It took  me several minutes to grasp the size of that thing.

(For your convenience, the competition entries are all conveniently archived here.)

Bonus: I thought this was rather amusing: Makuta, Master of Spaghetti:

Large.jpg

(oh, and is it standard practice in this topic to put images in spoilers, or not?)

Dazzgracefulmoon
On 11/25/2017 at 12:48 AM, aidenpons said:

(oh, and is it standard practice in this topic to put images in spoilers, or not?

only if you are posting a bunch of pics in a single post, I'd say. other than that not really

• 2 weeks later...

I was very upset to recently learn that Wes Jenkins passed away back in September. I had read one of his books and followed his Doodle-a-Day blog and he was a very unique individual with a fine wit and a very good talent for telling a story. I had read about his issue last year and I had some custom Island-themed things I had intended to send as a cheer-me-up, but, like so many other things, you don't remember to get around to it until it's too late...anyway, I was happy to see this today:

wes_jenkins_by_sonicclone-dbphwd5.jpg

[source]

I hope his work and talents live on, at least in some small way. I highly recommend his book on his travels in the '70s (NY2LA), and his doodles, if still online, are well worth a look. LEGO Island was my first videogame and the only one from my childhood to really stick with me, the combination of high production values and Wes' trademark surrealist humour burrowed its way into my brain and it still has an impact on my sense of comedy. I will certainly remember him and his Island, and I hope he realised what a special thing he made.

• Like 4

On 12/9/2017 at 4:23 AM, Ayliffe said:

It has been a very long time since I saw Lego minifigs outside, and I don't think I've ever seen anything whereby being outside is what makes those photos so darn amazing.

EDIT: I couldn't not put this here (from the same guy above) after I saw it, but unfortunately Flickr embedding is really not being very nice- wait if you just post the link in it'll embed :S

My Precious

and now the WYSIWYG editor is refusing to allow me to resize aforementioned embedded image.... ah well

EDIT2: This and this as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The next Collectible Minifigure series is coming out in April and will be Costume Party themed. The one that interested me the most is the Race Car Costume Guy and then I took a closer look at him..... LEGO-CMF-18-Race-Car-Guy.jpg?w=350&ssl=1  Notice anything?..........

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/3/2018 at 10:05 AM, grappigegovert said:

For those interested, this is footage of a more or less handmade build in Lego Worlds, heavily overlaid with sound effects, music, speech, etc.

I'm impressed not so much by the build itself but that it was built in Lego Worlds.... ow...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Somebody posted this in Discord, and frankly it's too good to not post here:

Lego Rock Raiders - UCS Loader Dozer

This person also posted images of how big this MOC is compared to the original set:

Rock Raiders - UCS Loader Dozer

Rock Raiders - UCS Rock Monster

More pictures of this fantastic MOC can be seen here:

flickr.com/photos/137339855@N02/49330956616/in/photostream/

• Like 2
  • Suprised 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the double post (something I cannot avoid, considering this thread hasn't received any new posts since my last one), but here's another case of "LEGO Fan redesigns old sets" which might be interesting to some individuals:

ArtStation user "Gunn Illustration" made a thread of 3D renders where he overhauled a bunch of "Time Cruisers" and "Time Twisters" sets, reimagining them in the slicker design-style of modern LEGO sets, while preserving the whimsical "LEGO System mash-up" look and design that both themes are distinct for:

Spoiler

gunn-illustration-hypno-cruiser-shot-001

gunn-illustration-flying-time-vessel-sho

gunn-illustration-twisted-time-train-ful

(The full collection of renders (featuring more sets than the three shown here), can be found at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g2BAwx)

I was initially planning to post just his Time Cruisers/Time Twisters stuff, but I decided to dig through his ArtStation account and discovered that he's done a few other theme reimaginings - specifically Studios and all 4 stages/versions of Adventurers - and even some cool custom digital MOCs:

Spoiler

gunn-illustration-img-20210321-181229.jp

gunn-illustration-img-20210214-154851.jp

gunn-illustration-scary-laboratory-full-

It's genuinely awesome work, and his account is well worth a looksie: https://www.artstation.com/robtoonz44

• 6 months later...

Bit of an old thread, but I encountered something and took a look through their flickr. There's a ton of amazing Bonkles, Classic Space, Aquazone-and-friends, and it's a great ride.

Here's the LRR stuff that really jumped out to me (there's even a few more in their flickr that I didn't link!)

Spoiler

Rock Raider WIP

Rubble Shovel

Granite Grinder

And here are some other crazy cool things:

Spoiler

Robo-Commander

Predator Class Attack Sub

PowerMiner Minning Falcon

Looks good a fridge.

Rider on a horse

& an absolute ton of more classic space (Blacktron, M-Tron, Space Police I) and other assorted Aquazone and friends both small and large. Check it all out, can reccomend!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125839668@N07/

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.