List of in-game tricks, secrets, and easter eggs

Tauka Usanake

Tauka Usanake

So if we are getting around to playing Loco again (I know I am) we should make a list of all the different tricks that you can do in it. A few are already known, what you can find off of GameFAQs and such, but there are a little more than just those. Some minifig spawns only happen a certain way. I want a list of what everyone already knows before I add what I know. Honest it's not much more than what is known, but I'm pretty sure no one else knows them

Olivus Prime

Funny that this topic came about just as I started playing Loco again! The only ones I know of are:

• Mansion/Semi-detached cottage : Build two parallel red cottages
  • Baby Bunny : Plant an apple tree and let it fully bloom
  • Duck : Build a lake
  • Space Shuttle : Build two parallel radars
  • Pizza delivery truck : Build a gas station
  • Fire Truck : Build a fire station
  • Cow : Build a field
  • Red Car : Build a petrol station
  • Yellow Car : Build a red bungalow
  • Desert Scenery : Play LEGO Loco on Independence Day
  • Snow Scenery and Christmas Scenery : Play LEGO Loco on Christmas Day
  • Ghost Trains and Halloween Scenery : Play LEGO Loco on Halloween

And a few I discovered from some friends/the internet:

• Giant Robot : Build an IG skyscraper parallel to a radar
  • Nessie : Build a lake and plant sunflowers around its perimeter
  • Large Fountain : Build four fountains in a square
  • Island : Build four curved road pieces in a square, each leading to the next

I've seen a number of screenshots (perhaps from a beta) that show footbridges - has anyone managed to find them in the finished game?

Placing nearly everyone in the town by the launch pad will make the shuttle launch off. The same thing can be done to the volcano but I'm not sure if there are other ways to trigger it or not.

Also, I'm pretty sure 99% positive that the footbridges are not in the actual game.

Tauka Usanake

Desert Scenery : Play LEGO Loco on Independence Day

Wow really? I only thought of it being summer. :P

I've seen a number of screenshots (perhaps from a beta) that show footbridges - has anyone managed to find them in the finished game?

It's most likely been dropped from the game after beta. I searched through the RF Tool and can't find anything close to them. It's possible it wasn't even real beta footage, just something they put together to make it look pretty. That yellow train from back then never made it out and it was in the beta images too.

Olivus Prime

Don't want to deviate too much from in-game secrets, but I looked for screens with the yellow train, and this one from MobyGames shows that trains originally had their pictures in place of the Speed Regulator:

10990-lego-loco-windows-screenshot-objec

But back on topic, I read on the internet that you can cause it to snow by having caps lock on before you start the game. This didn't work for me, but just in case, does it work for anyone else?

I've never heard of that one. Sounds pretty fishy. I'll need to check, but I doubt it'll work. Source?

EDIT: Tried it and it didn't work.

lol username

I might add that you can get the space shuttle to launch if enough minifigures are around it for a long enough period of time - I don't know the exact conditions, but placing all the citizens on some sidewalk in front of it without any way out and waiting a little while will trigger it. The volcano lava also solidifies into this grey rock sometimes, but again, I'm not sure what causes it, or if it's just random.

The volcano lava also solidifies into this grey rock sometimes, but again, I'm not sure what causes it, or if it's just random.

The volcano is just random, from what I've seen.

There's also that rave house that will sometimes do... something. A chime goes off, and the lights there flash for a few seconds, but that's it. Nothing changed permanently like the other two cases.

Also, you all forgot super station master!

lol username

There's also that rave house that will sometimes do... something. A chime goes off, and the lights there flash for a few seconds, but that's it. Nothing changed permanently like the other two cases.

Huh, interesting, never noticed that before.

D8

Tauka Usanake

Well that seems like a few of the basic ones. A few I know include the large fountain, if you get enough people around that it changes its icon. Clicking it undoes it. Same for the obelisks, turns it 45o.

• The station master can water sun flowers. They can grow kind of tall but I never found out how tall
  • There are sheep and pig minifigs that you can get, but I'm not too sure how. The only way I've gotten any is by having two farms next to each other but I don't believe that's how it's really done for either
  • The dinosaur also has something special if you get enough people around it, but I can't see any visual change. For some reason I think it turns blue :/
  • Halloween themed dead-end road
  • White bungalow house turns into an igloo during winter
  • Gribbits(frogs) from small fountains (simple but just for noting)
  • Rabbits from flowers like bunnies from apple trees

That's all I can get off the top of my head.

EDIT: I just remembered one after looking at the game files again. You can get a milk truck too but I really don't remember where that comes from.

Also little kids go to school. :P The go inside the building and come out later

• 3 weeks later...
lol username

Huh, never seen that one before. Interesting.

Neat. A red dino! Except I always thought it was a giraffe..

Because giraffes totally have long, thick tails and short, stubby legs...

If I remember correctly, putting a dino statue between two paint shops will turn it blue.

Also, the events you all mentioned are actually triggered by the number of visitors an object gets (minifigs will randomly choose places to walk to).

In addition to the volcano erupting and shuttle launching, other events include the water large fountain can turning gold, dinos turning their heads and looking at you, and stone pillars turning.

• Like 3

The volcano lava also solidifies into this grey rock sometimes, but again, I'm not sure what causes it, or if it's just random.

The volcano is just random, from what I've seen.

The station master will change into his super hero form if you drop him in an area surrounded by phone booths (3x3 without one in the middle).

lol username

Not... TRUE! I am seriously thinking about taking my media somewhere else!

Sir, if you're going to act incredibly immature, at least get your facts straight, because you're also entirely wrong here:

super_station_master.png

• Like 2

McJobless

Has anyone else had a problem with the rabbit/frog population exponentially increasing the longer you play? I considering building a great wall, but...

Addictgamer

Hey, just curious, but wasn't there also some kind of UFO thing that would fly by rarely?

Sorry, I haven't played this in way too long.

Arthuriel

Yes, there was a UFO, which would teleport down an alien, teleport it back and then fly away.

(I think, that the alien also makes a greeting gesture, but I'm not really sure).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.