Extended Outro2.avi

Leumeister

I extended outro2.avi, with some of outro1.avi's scenes. But, it's they're not avis anymore. They're wmvs.

I said they're because there's one with music (outro2 ver1.wmv) and one without. (outro2 ver2.wmv).

Installation instructions:

Link

Step one: Extract LegoRR1.wad if you haven't already. Ignore this if you are using the data method.

Step two: extract the contents of the zip.

Step three: rename the file you want to outro2. Ignore the file extension.

Step four: Open the Lego.cfg, and go to this line of the code. 

Level25 {

FullName Rocky_Horror

EndGameAVI1 AVIoutro1.avi
EndGameAVI2 AVIoutro2.avi

Rename "outro2.avi", to outro2.wmv.

Step five: Recompile LegoRR1.wad, run LEGO Rock Raiders, complete the game 100%...  <_<... and you're done.

Hmmm. The difference between scenes is only 5 seconds originally, but I was always confused why the best ending video was shorter than the worst one...

Still, not convinced this is entirely necessary. On review, the extra 5 seconds show the ship not having enough power. That does seem like a legitimate reason.

If you threw in a dancing polar bear eating a hotdog while singing Gilbert and Sullivan, then sure. But until then...

No, I didn't. The music in the first one definitely didn't fit, irregardless of it came from LegoRR or not. The way you spliced the videos together way not seemless, and the order didn't seem logical. If you had of removed a couple frames from the last splice where you put the ship slowly flying to the distance (also maybe have slightly increased the speed to make it look like it was preparing to travel faster) and then goes to warp speed, it might have worked, if not for the first splice you made.

Not to be offensive or anything, but if this is the "best of your ability", I don't think you should be working on these kinds of video projects. At the very least, get better software. Comparing the original .avis and the .wmvs you made, there is highly noticeable degradation of quality. Both the splicing issue and the quality could have been fixed with some slightly more professional (not the $500 Sony Vegas) software and a little bit of effort.

Question, did you actually watch the video(s) you made? Did you see the frame skip to the Captain after your first splice for a second? That was way too noticeable.

The video should cut just after Chief gives the order to go into warp speed, then show the ship beginning to fly off and the rest of the scene. I agree the video was not cut exactly where it should have been, it shows an extra few frames that it shouldn't.

If you fix these it should be fine.

No, I didn't. The music in the first one definitely didn't fit, irregardless of it came from LegoRR or not. The way you spliced the videos together way not seemless, and the order didn't seem logical. If you had of removed a couple frames from the last splice where you put the ship slowly flying to the distance (also maybe have slightly increased the speed to make it look like it was preparing to travel faster) and then goes to warp speed, it might have worked, if not for the first splice you made.

Not to be offensive or anything, but if this is the "best of your ability", I don't think you should be working on these kinds of video projects. At the very least, get better software. Comparing the original .avis and the .wmvs you made, there is highly noticeable degradation of quality. Both the splicing issue and the quality could have been fixed with some slightly more professional (not the $500 Sony Vegas) software and a little bit of effort.

Question, did you actually watch the video(s) you made? Did you see the frame skip to the Captain after your first splice for a second? That was way too noticeable.

I did, and I acknowledged that imperfection. I used windows movie maker, so don't expect it to be perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFOF-mgE6I maybe a little more clean-cut?

Oh yes, much better! Good job, Lair.

I used windows movie maker, so don't expect it to be perfect.

That's actually no reason for bad work. Even with Windows Movie Maker you can make exact cuts.

Windows Movie Maker doesn't save in the best quality, because of the WMV format (it's not so bad in some things, though). At the bare minimum, VideoPad is better for good quality

• 5 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.