Purple crystals, electric fences, and slimy slugs

k_cutt08

Okay, new to this forum, but not new to rock raiders.

I've played this game since I was a kid when I discovered it advertised in a LEGO magazine all those years ago!

I am a proud owner of the original game.  I'm away at college so I don't have it here with me, so I downloaded it.  Anyway, I think this one is a little different, maybe it had an update.  I didn't notice the difference until I got to "Frozen Frenzy."  I made some electric fences after I got my support station up and running.  Then I saw that I was getting purple energy crystals in my tool store.  Something was depleting them!!  Now originally I NEVER had this happen unless I was using lasers, which I was not this time.  So my question here is mainly, do electric fences drain energy crystals?  It's not a terribly big deal because there's a recharge seam right next to my base.  I just never had this happen in my copy of the game.  I'm guessing the one I downloaded is a newer version perhaps?  I never had my original patched in any way to make the gameplay change.  Which brings me to another question...  in my old copy of the game, which came with the game's manual.  It said that you could defend from slimy slugs with electric fences, which DID NOT WORK WHATSOEVER in reality.  They just went right through the barrier.  Which made "Back to Basics" a real pain to beat.  It makes me wonder if there was ever a patch to make it work like intended.  The slimy slugs would only leave after taking a severe beating from lasers, and the sonic blasters would only make them move away for a second, but never retreat.  Does anyone else out here have the same things happen with your fences and with purple crystals, and what about the slimy slugs??  Has anything changed?  Or is this some kind of annoying glitch??

Electric Fences cannot drain your Energy Crystals. Did you use a laser beam on Ice Monsters? There's a glitch in some versions of the game where that drains every Crystal for no reason. As for the slugs, they've never been able to be hit by fences. The manual I have says they can slide under them You can mod them to be hit by fences, though.

I believe I'm experiencing the glitch, because it seems to happen every so many minutes, without using any lasers.  But I did experiment with lasers later on as well, which to my horror, drained every one of my crystals in one shot instantly.

I think I'll have to install my original game with the CD, because this isn't supposed to happen.  Odd though, it didn't happen until I was at a level that had a recharge seam present...

I believe I'm experiencing the glitch, because it seems to happen every so many minutes, without using any lasers.  But I did experiment with lasers later on as well, which to my horror, drained every one of my crystals in one shot instantly.

I think I'll have to install my original game with the CD, because this isn't supposed to happen.  Odd though, it didn't happen until I was at a level that had a recharge seam present...

Would you mind attempting to do this glitch on a level without a recharge seam? I just wonder if there is any relation between them.

Which made "Back to Basics" a real pain to beat.

There are several methods to solve this problem:

1.)

You can avoid the slugs from sucking all the energy out of the buildings by turning them off. For example you don't need the Super Teleporter or Teleport Pad all the time, so only turn them on for a short time interval.

The only building that has to be activated the whole time are the Barracks because of the oxygen. So, just build Teleport Pads all around the Barracks so that every side of the Barracks can not be reached by slugs (not even from the power path side). For that you will have to build 6 Teleport Pads around the Barracks and turn them off! Now you produce oxygen and the slugs remain unpowered. ;)

2.)

The slugs emerge at a special amount of crystals stored (I guess it's 11 in Back to Basics). So never get more than this amount stored or the slugs will start an invasion! Just teleport vehicles (such as Granite Grinder, LargeMLP, Large Digger) down when you see there are almost too many crystals in the Powerstation. You don't have to use the vehicles, just park them in front of the Powerstation so that their crystals can be picked up quickly and easily when you got enough crystals ("stored" in vehicles).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.