Let's Go Swimming!

alan

Let's go swimming! (Le,,,go swim)

Fixed a bug with the objective text. Thank you Lair!

r2CH3zp.jpg

Back Story:

Your Rock Raiders team is mining in a cave near a big lake to look for Energy Crystals. Meanwhile a malfunction of the teleporter caused the buildings to teleport out except the Docks. You have to get back to the second potential HQ further away from the water where a Tool Store is still left.

Map Objective:

Collect 90 Energy Crystals

Difficulty:

Medium

Installation instructions:

If you want this level to replace Level 12 (Water Works) one (instead of adding it to the other), use the (replacing Level12) CFG for installing the map. 

But you can also use the (added custom level) CFG. In this case the level will be located left of Driller's night (you also have to change some other parts in the Lego.CFG, everything explained in the ZIP file).

DOWNLOAD

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Welcome to RRU :/

I honestly missed this somehow, whoops. I'll (let's) play it and BoltMolt? maybe? when I get done with the Rock Raiders thing I'm uploading now (which shouldn't take too long, I hope).

• 1 month later...
Hammerkraft

Hi,

I play this Map and..

First: Where are the Energy-Crystals?

But when I found the new base it was easy.

I build a very big City and win:)
The Map looks good and is for a bit better LRR-Player :)

Thanks for this map!

• 1 month later...
Thank you for playing my map! I fixed the code at the beginning (with the objective text), but the adding level code should be fine, as well as the replacement code...
I know there were some pointless things out there in the cave, but useless islands with ore-filled walls belong to a 'natural' landscape below the surface. 
The rock monsters in jail was a trivia, this is really pointless.
I also know that I'm not an english teacher so I would appreciate it if you could correct me. I will update the Objective Text then...

But I WILL NOT remove the bats  :tf: You can just make them harmless as you said in the video.
By the way it was no problem for me to understand you all the 75 minutes long, you have a clear pronounciation that makes it easy to follow  :thumbsup:

WARNING! THIS SPOILER CONTAINS INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO WIN THE LEVEL

If I would be able to edit the map afterwards I would continue the cave in the upper left corner instead of the huge mass of energy crystals there. The cave would go on but you would have to unlock it by the laser... Well I hope Cyrem can update his map editor so we can edit the size of the maps afterwards.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

Well for some reason I hadn't bothered reviewing this map, so I'll correct that mistake now.

If the intention was to rebuild the old base and work your way back to the new one, I had other ideas.

I decided to march a Raider through first person view all the way around the lake to get to where I needed to be presumably, and thankfully that was all I needed.  

Getting myself set up wasn't particularly difficult, and due to the lack of monsters in the map (not counting the jail alan set up) I had no trouble getting 90 crystals.

The only gripes I have with the map are how non-obvious it is to get started, and the massive cache of crystals stuffed into two walls.

It would have been better to extend the map further back and have at least a small cavern stuffed with seams or have the floor littered with crystals (looking at you, Rocky Horror).  

Getting started is a problem here due mainly to Idleness Syndrome.  You'd have to dig up the walls containing Ore, build a power path (good luck with that), beam down a Tool Store, find the crystals in the start area, pray that your Raiders can actually build a Power Station (much less more Power Paths), then beam up your Small Digger, get the crystal from it, and beam down a Rapid Rider. 

So you're better off using my method.

With those things aside, I like the design of the map from a scenery perspective.  Had a very natural feel to it; great job with that.

Overall, it was an interesting and very nice breath of fresh air in the way of cavern "realism."

I award you bonus points for making a custom menu bmp.  Love that extra little touch.

Edited by Slimy Slug

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.