Insane Raiders [2022-12-29: Occasional updates are still happening!]

Arthuriel

Cool, that you two are interested in the idea :).

Don't worry too much about the minifigure bit. I mean: Just look at my early comics, where I didn't care that much about the design.

The comic thing could be done in two ways: Your own story in your own style or one of my sketches/stories in your style.

Another way of doing this could be, that we sit together (in a chat obviously) and decide, what story is worth being drawn.

someswedish
8 hours ago, Arthuriel said:

Another way of doing this could be, that we sit together (in a chat obviously) and decide, what story is worth being drawn.

Sounds like the best idea, then we can discuss the best way to go about this without posting here constantly.

• 6 months later...

Oh, is that why they walk onto lava carrying ore - so busy eating it that they don't even bother to look where they're going?

At least the popcorn will be hot...

@aidenpons: This will make the Insane Raiders lore more and more complex xD (in all seriousness: I haven't thought about the lava bit at all. I just thought, that Rock Raiders can be sometimes so stubborn, that eating ore wouldn't be that surprising).

@Cyrem: Cool, thank you very much :). Personally I like the current style more than the shoddy quality of the earlier ones.

And here is a new comic:

Insane_Raiders_No._28_-_The_Cookie.png

I daresay the empty space that is a RR's empty hunger bar is probably more edible than the standard sandwiches they eat... At least it'd be a change from the monotony.

Finally, after a million years, but slightly before the heat death of the universe I finished my next Insane Raiders comic: Comic No. 29 - Insane R
Don't worry about the small preview size (the result of the 750 pixel image height limit and the length of the comic). You just have to click on it and view it in the original file size. It's in the second post of this thread and in this post right here. Here at the end of the thread I put it into a spoiler for a better reading flow:

Spoiler

Insane_Raider_No._29_-_Insane_R_small_ve

Here is the background story (read the comic first for extra "What is even going on?"-madness):
Maybe it was a mixture of laziness and "Is this idea good enough?/ I have a better idea" and "How many will read it?", but I haven't published a comic in ages. I even made fun about that by giving me the rank: "I know: I should make a new Insane Raiders comic very soon." Previously I thought about making another comic, but then I had an idea.
Ben24x7 told me about a train racing game called Densha de D and mentioned, that it had a cool feature you wanted to show. I wondered, if it was about Drifting (you may know the memeI and Ben24x7 (slightly disappointed, that I guessed it so fast*) said, that it was indeed about this and continued to show it.
After that I looked this up (including a speedrun) and discovered, that Densha de D was also a manga series which in return was based on the manga/anime series called Initial D, which is about drift races in Japan. There are also some other references in it**. This is also the reason, why I made it look more like a manga.
Now you might ask: "Can this same insane over the top racing theme be applied to another obvious LEGO game candidate?" and you are completely right!
It's LEGO Ra.... Chess! Just imagine the checkmate! Your display might as well just explode!

*reminds me of the time, when I played Katamari Damacy REROLL (PC remake of the first Katamari Damacy game) and on the first or second day I though: "Imagine a snob saying, that it is about criticising consumerism due to the sheer amount of objects, that you collect" Little did I know, that this was the actual intention of the game's creator...

**Redline (over the top anime racing movie) and Star Wars - The Return of the Jedi (the last panel of the comic). Also Rock Raiders for obvious reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Dayum this is fantastic Arthuriel! Sorry I haven't replied sooner. It's amazing to compare your artwork from the first comic to now. :gasp:

I've never seen Slimy Slugs so expressive before

x8dHbY1.png

Thanks, JimbobJeffers! Yeah, it is indeed amazing how the artwork changed. Just look how it all went downhill after the first comic ; ) !
Just kidding. I guess it is due to being better at drawing. The first comic was also basically just a sketch slapped onto paper while the last one took quite a while to make and has an over the top feel to it.

• 2 years later...

I don't know how active this forum will be in the long-term, but I just wanted to write that I still make Insane Raiders themed comics once in a while (the most recent ones are from this December).
They look simpler and aren't in colour, but they are still filled with madness! Here are all the comics in my gallery on DeviantArt:
https://www.deviantart.com/arthuriel/gallery/50994783/insane-raiders

• Like 2

• Arthuriel changed the title to Insane Raiders [2022-12-29: Occasional updates are still happening!]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.