Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 7 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Cyrem

Granted it could be a false positive since all anti virus say its a generic trojan. What do i do?

It has a memory editor library in it, so that will be causing the false positive. If you're really paranoid, feel free to decompile it to check for yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
Lego Rockfox

Nice that cafeteria is still in development.

I only have 2 issues here:

1. Letters like ä,ö,ü and similiar are replaced with źŹ in the texts. (German Game)

2. When i start the game with any other resolution than 640x480 the original resolution is being kept and put on the left upper corner of the screen which counts for cutscenes, menues and similiar so it doesnt fill the screen.

I already knew that the Loading Bar and such are misalligned.

I guess it could be, because i dont use the re-released version of the game which gives a compatability for XP, instead the very first one, to have the rock falling animation while switching menus which is removed in the re-released version.

I guess it could be, because i dont use the re-released version of the game which gives a compatability for XP, instead the very first one, to have the rock falling animation while switching menus which is removed in the re-released version.

Quote your sources...? RR only had the original release?

Oh, and you can still "Run In Compatibility Mode" for "Windows XP" via the "Properties" option. l405G.jpg (upon right-clicking a shortcut)

Lego Rockfox

I have 2 different Types of it:

1. the very first CD with a LEGO CD Case (green buttons aside)

2. and the Disky Re-Release of 2003.

Quote: 

2. When i start the game with any other resolution than 640x480 the original resolution is being kept and put on the left upper corner of the screen which counts for cutscenes, menues and similiar so it doesnt fill the screen.

I already knew that the Loading Bar and such are misalligned.

Found out that this is a current issue so you can forget about that ^^.

So only the changed letters are left.

• 2 months later...

Hey there, for some reason LRR will refuse to launch (Crash) at any resolution higher than 640x480 using this loader.

Edit: DW I got it working.....

• 3 months later...

Hi there, trying to test this out on my old laptop, LRR runs ok normally (occasional lag spikes and crashes, probably the dying hardware) 

I've put the content of the download into the installation folder along side LegoRR.exe, running cafateria brings me the message "WARNING: LegoRR0.wad & LegoRR1.wad backup files missing. These are required to play mods."

Not sure how I'm meant to back these up, shouldn't that sort of thing be built into the program?
The program still runs, just pressing "Play" causes an error and it hangs if I try to continue. 

EDIT: Having read the details of the error message, I found this line:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\Cafeteria\LegoRR0.wad'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\Cafeteria\LegoRR0.wad'

I take it I just have to drop a copy into the Cafeteria folder. Derp on my behalf.

Still, could you make this error message a little clearer? Instruct users to make a copy of the wad files into /Cafeteria? 
Thank you :)

Edit: Crash as soon as I reached the main menu, damn, time to mess with all the settings again

Edited by ch4rl1e97

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot get Cafeteria to get past the No CD error popup; every time it just stops responding and sits there forever, am I missing something in the installation?  I do not have my disk as well.

I cannot get Cafeteria to get past the No CD error popup; every time it just stops responding and sits there forever, am I missing something in the installation?  I do not have my disk as well.

Something similar happens to me, except there's no error message whatsoever. And then this happens, leaving my cursor uncontrollable.

rockraidersfailscreen1.jpg

Hey there, for some reason LRR will refuse to launch (Crash) at any resolution higher than 640x480 using this loader.

Edit: DW I got it working.....

How did you get it to work may I ask?

EDIT: I'm stupid

Edited by AceLaserBear

• 9 months later...
GroovinChip

Hello, I'm new here. I'm having a few problems:

1) I can't extract straight to the RR folder using 7zip, I have to extract to a regular folder and then move the files.

2) Then, when I run cafeteria, it tells me that it cannot find the files with the .wad extension. I've hunted through the files, and even re-downloaded the program, and these files aren't there

3) It also tells me that it can't find the files for screen resolution, which is weird because they are there.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Cafeteria uses LegoRR0.wad and LegoRR1.wad to do it's job. Does this mean I cannot use  "Data Method" modding at the same time as I use Cafeteria mods?

Edit: Specifically,  is anything and everything in the Data folder ignored while using Cafeteria?

Edited by samusbot
Clarification

21 hours ago, samusbot said:

Cafeteria uses LegoRR0.wad and LegoRR1.wad to do it's job. Does this mean I cannot use  "Data Method" modding at the same time as I use Cafeteria mods?

Edit: Specifically,  is anything and everything in the Data folder ignored while using Cafeteria?

Correct, Cafeteria loads the wad files, makes all the changes to them in memory according to the mods you have enabled, saves the wads again and launches the game. This is done for a few reasons: 1) Easily disabling or uninstalling of mods 2) Speed 3) Easy of use for new people who may have problems extracting wad files 4) To stop strange issues some people have when using the Data method (sonic blaster crash etc).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, Im totally new to this and all, but i've tried to install cafeteria. But when I launch cafeteria it dissapears from the map where i put it in and if I try to put it back my computer says that I don't have the right to do that. My account is the admin account so I don't understand it. Could you guys maybe help me?

On 8/11/2016 at 4:00 AM, stobal1 said:

Hello guys, Im totally new to this and all, but i've tried to install cafeteria. But when I launch cafeteria it dissapears from the map where i put it in and if I try to put it back my computer says that I don't have the right to do that. My account is the admin account so I don't understand it. Could you guys maybe help me?

Check your antivirus (Vault/History etc).  It probably killed it.  Mine did.  I had to add it to the exceptions list.

since I installed cafeteria my normal rockraiders.exe doesn't work anymore, nor does cafeteria

When I try to start the normal rockraiders it crashes when I get the loading screen.

Why I try to start the cafeteria it does start, but I have to wait 10+ seconds before it goes to the next screen when I click on 'load game'.

And even if I waste a minut or so to start a level things are out of place.

Help!?

hi guys, it didnt dissapear this time, but when i went to the loading screen it said legorr.exe did not work anymore. What to do now?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

first sorry for my bad english but i have a question about cafeteria.

I downloaded the Launcher and installed it correctly, when i start LRR it works fine in 640x480 resoluton but if i start a mission the hole game f****s up.

The screen beginns switching between the loading screen so the game so it is not playable. 

A Pic of my Problem:

jh8p9zt6.png

here you cane see some parts of the loading screen behind the Interface.

I hope you can help me whith my problem i would be happy about any kind of help!

First off, here are also german Users, also kannst du auch Deutsch schreiben ;)

Das Problem hab ich auch, im Vollbild. Im Fenstermodus sind die Animationen natürlich flüssiger aber so kann man natürlich nicht spielen, geschweige denn die Karte bewegen.

Ja das Problem liegt ja darin,das das Spiel unspielbar wird da quasi bei jedem klick das spiel zwischen den beiden screens hin und her switcht und dann letztendlich abschmiert.... Ich habe es jetzt mal im Fenstermodus getestet da läuft es einwandfrei aber das Fenster ist ein wenig klein sodass man nach ein bis zwei Level Kopfschmerzen bekommt.

Aber wenn ich das richtig verstehe kann man nichts gegen das Flackern machen? Schade eigentlich!

• Cyrem changed the title to Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 3 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.