Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 7 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Cyrem

Done.

(First Feedback)

After the first start with Cafeteria the old textbug with the missing ä,ö, and ü appears again.

Also Level Titles are in English.

On a sidenote. Is there also a cafeteria version of the latest LRRCE Version available?

10 minutes ago, Lego Rockfox said:

Done.

(First Feedback)

After the first start with Cafeteria the old textbug with the missing ä,ö, and ü appears again.

On a sidenote. Is there also a cafeteria version of the latest LRRCE Version available?

The level titles being in English will be a result of running my Improvements Pack. It would be possible to edit that out but it's so much effort I took a different approach to writing it.

Cafeteria and LRRCE are different things. Cafeteria doesn't need LRRCE to work, and nor does LRRCE. The currently available LRRCE version will work just fine with Cafeteria.

Don't know about the text bug though, that's not something I know about...

1 hour ago, Lego Rockfox said:

Done.

(First Feedback)

Which language are you using?

Both Cafeteria and LRRCE are standalone projects at this time, though CE will need some asset mods for resolution support soon.

9 minutes ago, Lego Rockfox said:

I use the German 1999 Release.

I don't have that copy, can you please send me the LegoRR1.wad file so I can test against it.

Thanks.

1.0 BETA 2 Released

• Removed case sensitivity from AddFilesFromDirectory.
  • Added Patch Extract and ReBuild into right-click menu.
  • Automatically saves and reloads mods before rebuilding.
  • Misc changes.

Download in OP.

@Lego Rockfox, no fix for you issue yet. still working on that.

• Cyrem changed the title to Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 3 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

1.0 BETA's 3,4,5,6,7 Released...

Lots of cool features to increase the power of patching.

Be sure to specify the patch system as "3" in your info.xml to make use of working with mult-cfg's.

Download in OP.

• 3 months later...

wait so will this work with the DgVooDoo version of Rock Raiders? I'm still new to this whole thing and im quite confused. I want to add the No Frustrating Mechanics Mod and 100% Easy Completion mod. Any help with this will be appreciated! Ty!

20 hours ago, noahc1120 said:

wait so will this work with the DgVooDoo version of Rock Raiders? I'm still new to this whole thing and im quite confused. I want to add the No Frustrating Mechanics Mod and 100% Easy Completion mod. Any help with this will be appreciated! Ty!

Yes, dgVoodoo is a solely graphical addition whereas Cafeteria is a mod loader (well, and a bit more).

Speaking of that, last I checked those mods weren't enabled via Cafeteria functionality, so with the exception of the resolutions which also require Community Edition, installing Cafeteria won't do anything.

• 2 weeks later...
LiquidGravity

First I want to say: Awesome Job! It really made mod installs easy!

As someone new coming into using LRR mods I have a suggestion:

In the Mod Manager and Download Mods - please add a Link column to the data grids with a clickable links to each mods page so we can see what each mod is about. You pros may know what Aiden's LRR Rebalanced does or what Cyrem's Improvements Pack does but I've got no idea without searching.

Also a couple issues I had:

Using the mouse scroll wheel on the Download Mods - Category combo box list would change the selection but wouldn't load them in the data grid.

The LRR Resolution setting combo box let me edit the resolution text - I'm not sure if that is a bug or feature.

• 3 months later...

Ok, oddly enough, Rock Raiders somehow, SOMEHOW, installed perfectly on windows 7. Got it to work on Windows 10 a few minutes ago.

But um... Cafeteria does not work for me? I mean, the overhaul mod "Axel's Mod" is in three separate files, and none are .WADP. That's two lowercase  .wad files, and one .WAD file.  Is Cafeteria the tool to use for this?

If not, where do I go to get the mod working? Or ask for further help. There's a .cfg for stability that will need adding and I got no idea how that will work.

12 hours ago, Sluggious said:

Ok, oddly enough, Rock Raiders somehow, SOMEHOW, installed perfectly on windows 7. Got it to work on Windows 10 a few minutes ago.

But um... Cafeteria does not work for me? I mean, the overhaul mod "Axel's Mod" is in three separate files, and none are .WADP. That's two lowercase  .wad files, and one .WAD file.  Is Cafeteria the tool to use for this?

If not, where do I go to get the mod working? Or ask for further help. There's a .cfg for stability that will need adding and I got no idea how that will work.

Cafeteria only accepts Cafeteria patches - which are .wadp files. A lot of the older mods on the forum - like Axel's Mod - come in .wad files, and thus can't directly be used with Cafeteria - though you can run Cafeteria on top of a modified install (which you probably don't want to do). (Or you can port them to .wadp format yourself ;) )

I haven't personally used Axel's mod, but it sounds like if you move your existing LegoRR0.wad and LegoRR1.wad to someplace else where they'll be safe, and then move your Axel's Mod .wad files in, they should be fine. (I'm not sure why there are three wad files, I can't help you there).

If you want to use Cafeteria on top of that (eg for resolutions, usage with CE, usage with other Cafeteria mods), then you basically treat it like a regular LRR install and dump Cafeteria on top of that - but you won't be able to "remove" Axel's Mod using Cafeteria if you ever want to do that (that's why I said 'move your wads to someplace safe,' if you ever need 'em!)

Thanks for the explanation Aidenpons. But your assumption would be incorrect. It didn't work on Windows 7 that way. Didn't even bother at all trying it on W10. So I just manually extracted the .wads and then switched them out for the corresponding files in data and everything. And so it worked. Alas for the music. It was responsible for the vcruntime failure. Though it worked before... thankfully i planned on playing without music anyway so all's good there.

• 11 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 11:07 PM, timmy112 said:

Is the Online Mod library still available? when I push the button it throws a .net unhandled exception...

Unfortunately it's not, but you can trawl the Files database for them (to my knowledge everything that was in the Online Mod Library can be found there), and you might find the very rare find over at Oresome.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.