Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 7 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Cyrem

Sorry about that, forgot I updated the link before messing around with the domain stuff, changed it to le's link.

No problem! However I do have one question. When I start up Cafeteria, it says that it cannot find my LegoRR0 and LegoRR1 WAD files. I extracted the Cafeteria files into my installation folder which have those 2 wad files there, is there something I'm missing?

Hmmm, what is exact names of your 2 WAD files? is the extensions uppercase?

Try to move the two WAD's into the Cafeteria folder it created, make sure the extensions are lowercase if they aren't. Make sure there is no WAD files in the main LRR directory. If you're using this on the copy you extracted the WAD files into the data folders, I'm not sure how will that will work... in theory the WAD file cafeteria creates will be loaded instead of the files in the Data folder, but I haven't tested this.

EDIT: Textbox? as in the box under the air meter?

Yup! The textbox under the air meter. It only pops up halfway when there is text and totally disappears when there is no text (leaving only the O2 bar at the bottom of the screen) This is only an issue in the tutorial levels and it renders me unable to press the arrow buttons to proceed with the tutorial dialogue. It still occurs during mission-levels but does not bother me as I don't need to press any arrow buttons once I start the mission. 

I read that you still have some on-going issues regarding the message panel in the OP "Known issues" section, would this count as part of that problem?

Yup! The textbox under the air meter. It only pops up halfway when there is text and totally disappears when there is no text (leaving only the O2 bar at the bottom of the screen) This is only an issue in the tutorial levels and it renders me unable to press the arrow buttons to proceed with the tutorial dialogue. It still occurs during mission-levels but does not bother me as I don't need to press any arrow buttons once I start the mission. 

I read that you still have some on-going issues regarding the message panel in the OP "Known issues" section, would this count as part of that problem?

Yes, the issue is Y position of the text in the box is dynamically set based on the amount of text in it. Unfortunately how the game handles it makes it extremely difficult to modify the position of text since it changes every time you start a mission (this is why it still appears on the left middle of the screen. The only way to really deal with this is to completely get rid of that text (in normal missions there is really no need for it anyway since all the messages appear on the left notification panel + you get audio messages, and with a mod you can have even more messages appear in notifications)). The idea is to get rid of the text since I can't move it, it would make the box pointless to show since nothing is showing in it and so thats why it's completely off screen showing only the O2 bar.

The only thing is that the tutorials use it, I'm not sure what to do with them yet.

I haven't converted the notification mod into a patch yet, but I will shortly.

Yes, the issue is Y position of the text in the box is dynamically set based on the amount of text in it. Unfortunately how the game handles it makes it extremely difficult to modify the position of text since it changes every time you start a mission (this is why it still appears on the left middle of the screen. The only way to really deal with this is to completely get rid of that text (in normal missions there is really no need for it anyway since all the messages appear on the left notification panel + you get audio messages, and with a mod you can have even more messages appear in notifications)). The idea is to get rid of the text since I can't move it, it would make the box pointless to show since nothing is showing in it and so thats why it's completely off screen showing only the O2 bar.

Ahh I see, makes sense now. No worries, I can play the game without Cafeteria just for the tutorial levels. I just like that I can play the old classic bgm as I'm playing the game when I use Cafeteria. =] Thanks again for everything

Ahh I see, makes sense now. No worries, I can play the game without Cafeteria just for the tutorial levels. I just like that I can play the old classic bgm as I'm playing the game when I use Cafeteria. =] Thanks again for everything

Yeah when you get up to the normal levels, you should be fine with Cafeteria all the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Update 0.9.3 released!

This is a fairly important one as it fixes a bug in the "AddFilesFromDirectory" command which would stop replacement files from showing up in-game. You should update or-else some file mods may not work.

There are 2 more additions which is in the changelog in the first post.

You will notice the disc extractor button is disabled, this is because it's not ready yet, it was supposed to be in this version but since finding the above bug I decided to release early to fix that.

• 2 weeks later...

i just installed rockraiders after 10 years, i can start it regularly in win 8 but when i try i with cafetaria it gives me a legoRR.icd stoped worknig error after the loading screen.

what i did:

installed RR in custom directory

extracted cafetaria there

ran cafetaria

ran RR, noticed .wad error

put the wad files in the right place

ran again, both windowed and fullscreen

any ideas?

ran RR noticed .wad error

put the wad files in the right place

ran again, both windowed and fullscreen

any ideas?

Can you perhaps provide more detail about the errors?

For Cafeteria to work, both WAD files must go into the Cafeteria folder and none should remain in the main LRR folder (Cafeteria generates new wad files and it uses the originals as the basis). Then when you want to start the game press the "Launch Rock Raiders" button in Cafeteria.

When you launched LRR, did a "mode selection" window appear? Was there one or several resolutions in the list? (There should only be 1, make sure it is selected before clicking "OK")

Lastly what is the resolution you are trying to run the game at? Perhaps I don't have a resolution pack for yours yet.

i didnt remove the wad files,

resolution is 1920x1080

the game ran, but until i started a mission it was normal res in the upper left corner of the window.

when i started a mission and skipped the objectives i got the same error and game stopped

i didnt remove the wad files,

resolution is 1920x1080

the game ran, but until i started a mission it was normal res in the upper left corner of the window.

when i started a mission and skipped the objectives i got the same error and game stopped

So you can start the game and start a level, but it crashes after the Mission Objective closes? Does this occur on all levels? what language is your game in?

Are you able to send me a screenshot with the objective window up before it crashes?

Also, disable the "play music" checkbox on the settings tab of Cafeteria and try that.

tried several levels, all didnt work, even with the box unchecked

he language is dutch

picture:

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/edwardpattijn/media/legoRR_zps07c61ec5.png.html

This is quite odd because other than reading what level you are on for the Cafeteria's Music Player, there is nothing Cafeteria is doing that could effect the game after the game starts. The resolution patch successfully applied as shown in that screenshot (if it didn't work it actually would have crashed on the first game loading screen). (You can check that it's reading correctly by going to the Tools tab and there should be a "Game Action" part which has something like Lego*Levels:: bla bla. If this label isn't empty or random letters/number then that means it also is working fine)

And you said it runs fine without using Cafeteria?

The only other test I can think of, is:

- Open Cafeteria

- Select 640x480

- Click launch, but exit the game.

(Cafeteria would have generated a new LegoRR0.wad)

- Now start the game using LegoRR.exe and see what happens. (Don't move the original WADs back, we just want to see if the standard game will run fine)

i started it using cafetaria on 640x480 and it works, i'll try some other resolutions

1280x720 doesnt work

nor does 1680x1050

btw, is it normal for the game to look like this:

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/edwardpattijn/media/legoRR2_zpse7e411b3.png.html

Yep that is normal for it to look like that. It's just because the menu image is smaller than the window size.

I'm really not sure what is causing those crashes at the moment. It's not really making a great deal of sense that it's crashing at the objective end. You don't happen to have any Cafeteria mods installed do you?

no, but i did install some just now, but they didn't miraculusly fix it

could using a game saved while using a different resolution cause conflict?

update: yes, apperently it does

update 2: 

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/edwardpattijn/media/legoRR3_zps3fcee2ee.png.html

the thing in the red box is supposed to be a rock raider, 

these are the mods i installen:

enhanced biomes

highpoly powerstations, support,telepad,toolstore, tools

which could interfere with the rr model?

another update: i disabled all but the enhanced biome mod and the game crashed again after the objective

no, but i did install some just now, but they didn't miraculusly fix it

could using a game saved while using a different resolution cause conflict?

update: yes, apperently it does

update 2: 

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/edwardpattijn/media/legoRR3_zps3fcee2ee.png.html

the thing in the red box is supposed to be a rock raider, 

these are the mods i installen:

enhanced biomes

highpoly powerstations, support,telepad,toolstore, tools

which could interfere with the rr model?

another update: i disabled all but the enhanced biome mod and the game crashed again after the objective

8S There is definitely something funky happening there. None of those mods change the RR model. You could try enabling one at a time until it happens, but its just getting more strange.

SInce LRR has no error feedback, it's pretty much stabbing in the dark until something happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Whenever I try to run Cafeteria it claims that there are no WAD backup files (and there are no WAD files anywhere in my LRR folder). I tried running the game normally and creating a save file and this created the WAD files that it was looking for in the main directory but it still didn't register them. So I then copied them into the "C:Program Files (x86)LEGO MediaGamesRock RaidersCafeteria" folder and it worked and the game ran, but then it crashes when the loading bar is full. Is there a proper way to create the backup files and get the game to work in 1080p?

I read back on this thread and found out that I need to delete the WAD files from the main game directory. It either runs the game and crashes on the loading screen or it says "patching complete" in cafeteria with the freen line about 4/5 of the bar and doesn't go any further.

Ok it seems to be loading now but I when I do full screen it makes the mouse bounce around really weirdly. Is this a Windows 8 thing?

I tried running it windowed at a smaller resolution and it works but now all the HUD items are offscreen while playing.

Ok everything worked after editing the cfg files.

It randomly crashes when certain events happen (such as a person placing dynamite and seemingly random things) .

That's RR being silly. The Sonic Blaster also causes crashes SOME of the time?

Of course, if it happens every time with no exceptions then it's possible that you installed a mod that has not got correct files on it (or, more likely, installed it incorrectly) that it would crash. But from what I've seen from your posts is that you've just tried to change the resolution, which won't affect the Sonic Blaster or dynamite in any way whatsoever.

So yeah, it's RR being silly. I haven't found a fix for my spontaneous crashing for the Sonic Blaster, and so I doubt you will either. Keep in mind that the RR engine is also unstable like some of the caverns l405G.jpg and will crash at random points regardless of what you're doing (though spamming out a large base is more likely to make it crash).

Hey, I made some maps in Cyrem's editor, how I can process them from .mcm to .wadp for cafeteria custom map slot?

Hey man

First have a read of this: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> to see how the patch files work.

For the script for it (about 2 lines) here's a sample from one of mine for the level slot.

CFG:InsertCFG Lego*Levels Cavern13.cfg
WAD:AddFilesFromDirectory Cavern13 LevelsGameLevelsCavern13

The Cavern13.cfg file pretty much contains the level config, e.g

CustomLevel {
            FullName                                Cavern_13

AllowRename                        TRUE
            RecallOLObjects                    TRUE
            GenerateSpiders                    TRUE

..... (etc) .....  

; NEVER REMOVE THE BELOW PROPERTIES!
      MenuBMP InterfaceFrontEndCustomHi.bmp,InterfaceFrontEndCustom.bmp,InterfaceFrontEndCustomGrey.bmp
      FrontEndX 72
      FrontEndY 2
      NextLevel Levels::Tutorial01
      LevelLinks Levels::Tutorial01   
}

Like the above your CFG will need to use the block "CustomLevel {" and have those final 5 lines added so that it works with the slot image.

Hey, I made some maps in Cyrem's editor, how I can process them from .mcm to .wadp for cafeteria custom map slot?

Hey man

First have a read of this: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> to see how the patch files work.

For the script for it (about 2 lines) here's a sample from one of mine for the level slot.

CFG:InsertCFG Lego*Levels Cavern13.cfg
WAD:AddFilesFromDirectory Cavern13 LevelsGameLevelsCavern13

The Cavern13.cfg file pretty much contains the level config, e.g

CustomLevel {
            FullName                                Cavern_13

AllowRename                        TRUE
            RecallOLObjects                    TRUE
            GenerateSpiders                    TRUE

..... (etc) .....  

MenuBMP InterfaceFrontEndCustomHi.bmp,InterfaceFrontEndCustom.bmp,InterfaceFrontEndCustomGrey.bmp
      FrontEndX 72
      FrontEndY 2
}

Like the above your CFG will need to use the block "CustomLevel {" and have those final 5 lines added so that it works with the slot image.

I made this: [my level].wadp

LevelsGameLevels[my level]<map files (*.map, objective text, *.ol)>

[my level].cfg <<<

CustomLevel {
            FullName                                Enormous_dig

AllowRename                        TRUE
            RecallOLObjects                    TRUE
            GenerateSpiders                    TRUE

; Amount of time before an emerge trigger can be reused.  1500 specifies 1 minute.
EmergeTimeOut 1000.0

;;;;; SURFACE TYPE ;;;;;
BoulderAnimation ROCK
MenuBMP LevelsGameLevelsLevel03.bmp,LevelsGameLevelsGLevel03.bmp,LevelsGameLevelsLevel03G.bmp
TextureSet Textures::Rock
RockFallStyle Rock
EmergeCreature RockMonster
;;;;; SURFACE TYPE ;;;;;
      OxygenRate  12
BlockSize 40
DigDepth 40
RoughLevel 6
RoofHeight 40
UseRoof YES
SelBoxHeight 10
FogColourRGB 110:110:155 // ROCK FOG
HighFogColourRGB 155:155:110 // ROCK FOG

Fallinmultiplier 30
NumberOfLandSlidesTillCaveIn 4
NoFallins FALSE

ErodeErodeTime 20
ErodeLockTime 40
ErodeTriggerTime 35

SurfaceMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigHigh.map
PredugMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigDugg.map
TerrainMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigSurf.map
CryoreMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigCror.map
PathMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigPath.map
FallinMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigFall.map
ErodeMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigErod.map
EmergeMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigEmrg.map
BlockPointersMap LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigTuto.map

OListFile LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigObjectList.ol

ObjectiveText LevelsGameLevelsEnormousdigObjectiveText.txt
      // etc
      FrontEndX 72
      FrontEndY 2

Priorities {

AI_Priority_Reinforce TRUE
AI_Priority_Destruction TRUE
AI_Priority_Crystal TRUE
AI_Priority_Ore TRUE
AI_Priority_Repair TRUE
AI_Priority_GetIn TRUE
AI_Priority_Construction TRUE
AI_Priority_GetTool TRUE
AI_Priority_Clearing TRUE
AI_Priority_Recharge TRUE
}
}

info.xml <<<

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<patch system="1">
                <name>Map enormous dig</name>
                <author>dawerty98</author>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <description>This is a map made in Cyrem's map editor and it's config.</description>
                <uid>rru.lrr.dawerty98.mapenormousdig</uid>
                <priority>1</priority>
</patch>
script.txt <<< 
CFG:InsertCFG Lego*Levels Enormous_dig.cfg
WAD:AddFilesFromDirectory "Enormous dig" "LevelsGameLevelsEnormous dig"
What i must do to make it work? (I'm newbie in LRR scripting/editing)

script.txt <<< 

CFG:InsertCFG Lego*Levels Enormous dig.cfg

WAD:AddFilesFromDirectory Enormous dig LevelsGameLevelsEnormous dig

What i must do to make it work? (I'm newbie in LRR scripting/editing)

Looks mostly right except the script should probably be

CFG:InsertCFG Lego*Levels dig.cfg
WAD:AddFilesFromDirectory "Enormous dig" "LevelsGameLevelsEnormous dig"

So the first line will insert the contents of dig.cfg inside LEGO.cfg's Levels { } block.

For the second line, if your folder name has spaces in it you have to surround each parameter with quotes. Also the way this line works is it gets the files within the folder of the patch wadp that you specify in the first parameter and then puts it into the folder specified in the second parameter of RR. So all you level's files should just be in a folder inside the patch called "Enormous dig".

In the XML you can add your name to the author part and remove the content dependency/incompatible sections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cyrem changed the title to Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 3 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.