Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 7 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Cyrem

You can unlock all levels with a shortcut parameter. Do what this guy says: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5147-hello-i-need-help/#comment-94730

It's impossible to 100% this game due to an error in one of the levels, so save progress doesn't mean a whole lot.

12 hours ago, Auditor said:

It's fully functional on my end, but I feel as though this mod tampered with my save progress, which bums me out. Any way to restore that, or do I have to play through the game again?

Cafeteria doesn't modify anything to do with saving, however mods that Cafeteria installs could potentialy effect levellinks which might be the reason your save might be out. As Cirevam said, you can't best this game due to it's issues, so once you've played the levels for the first time theres really no need to ever use saves. You can do what Cirevam suggested in Cafeteria itself, in the settings tab there is an "Unlock Levels" option which will do what he said.

You can probably retrieve your save though, it should be in the Saves folder.

On 12/22/2017 at 8:40 AM, Cirevam said:

You can unlock all levels with a shortcut parameter. Do what this guy says: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5147-hello-i-need-help/#comment-94730

It's impossible to 100% this game due to an error in one of the levels, so save progress doesn't mean a whole lot.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:12 AM, Cyrem said:

Cafeteria doesn't modify anything to do with saving, however mods that Cafeteria installs could potentialy effect levellinks which might be the reason your save might be out. As Cirevam said, you can't best this game due to it's issues, so once you've played the levels for the first time theres really no need to ever use saves. You can do what Cirevam suggested in Cafeteria itself, in the settings tab there is an "Unlock Levels" option which will do what he said.

You can probably retrieve your save though, it should be in the Saves folder.

Since my save is indeed out the window, I don't think I mind going through the game again that much. Besides, I can care less about using the shortcut parameter. I'm going to enjoy strip-mining the hell out of most missions down to its border walls like a kleptomaniac.

Also, I did a test to see if the levellinks tampering symptom persists after use and removal of Cafeteria from the Program Files, and upon use of the regular .exe file. Indeed, it does persist, but yeah, I can't fault the mod for this. Best course of action would be to back-up the saves to another file just in case. Save file restoration worked for me, it should work for those who are worried about their progress after using the mod.

If there was an advice on backing up save files somewhere in this thread, then apologies for not lurking more.

5 hours ago, Auditor said:

I'm going to enjoy strip-mining the hell out of most missions down to its border walls like a kleptomaniac.

Hahaha

and upon use of the regular .exe file. Indeed, it does persist

Thanks for testing and letting me know,

If there was an advice on backing up save files somewhere in this thread, then apologies for not lurking more.

Don't think anyone really talks about the saves because of the issues with it.

1 hour ago, T-34_Warrior said:

I got a little problem.
did I install it right?

You'll need to put those two wad files inside the Cafeteria folder, not sure why that didn't happen automatically. Ensure you're running Cafeteria with admin privileges.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

when i am using your Launcher i get text issues with german umlauts, in the german version of course.

But nice work man!

I never thought there would be such a big community for this game :)

27 minutes ago, Darkestnoir said:

when i am using your Launcher i get text issues with german umlauts, in the german version of course.

Ah, I think I know why that occurs, will try to fix for next version. I've only really done tests with English.

Thanks! I'm sure you'll like the next version more :)

• Like 1

Ah okay thanks,

i am using the 1920x1200 resolution pack, but the crystal bar on the left is missing, also the box under the O2 bar. Is this normal?

jPURNqa.jpg

Yes thats normal at this stage as I haven't moved all interface elements yet. Other than for tutorial levels the message box is rather useless. As for the crystal bar, the only purpose it serves is showing how many crystals are in use, so they havent been the highest of priorities compared to some other things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Yes thats normal at this stage as I haven't moved all interface elements yet. Other than for tutorial levels the message box is rather useless. As for the crystal bar, the only purpose it serves is showing how many crystals are in use, so they havent been the highest of priorities compared to some other things.

Okay thanks, played this game not for a while and was not sure if they useful :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

can't quite seem to get the game to launch with any resultion past 640x480. im fine with this but it would be cool to see it in all its glory in 1920x1080

• 1 month later...
Aligatetcolt

hey, i keep getting an error message and it keeps standing on finalizing and does not continue.

also sorry i dont realy know how to post a picture of the problem so i will try to do that.

• 10 months later...
fragilechaos

Hello all! 

Just wondering what the optimum Windows version was to play this game on along with the launcher? I remember a time when I used this but I suspect it was Windows 7? Perhaps an earlier version but I’m not sure. Ideally as this one of the few games I’d buy a retro build PC for, I’m guessing cafeteria was made in mind for modern ish systems rather than the more dated original max specs this game was meant to be played on? 

I keep getting the following error when starting through Cafeteria (is it because I only have a touchpad?) I'm using a Surface Pro 3, so I'd be happy if a 2160 x 1440 resolution to be added as well ?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at ProjecktBistro.MainWin.btnLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Cafeteria
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/OldGames/LEGORR/Cafeteria.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3429.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:46 AM, Blorb said:

I keep getting the following error when starting through Cafeteria (is it because I only have a touchpad?) I'm using a Surface Pro 3, so I'd be happy if a 2160 x 1440 resolution to be added as well ?

I'm prepping up a new Cafeteria / LRR:CE Release which shouldn't be too far away. Cafeteria has changed quite a bit since the version you have, so these errors a more than likely gone. :)

5 hours ago, Cyrem said:

I'm prepping up a new Cafeteria / LRR:CE Release which shouldn't be too far away. Cafeteria has changed quite a bit since the version you have, so these errors a more than likely gone. :)

Looking forward to it :) I was also wondering if dgVoodoo2 could be interfering somehow? From what I understand, these two should be fine working together, right?

I guess I'll just wait for the new release in any case :P

3 hours ago, Blorb said:

Looking forward to it :) I was also wondering if dgVoodoo2 could be interfering somehow? From what I understand, these two should be fine working together, right?

I guess I'll just wait for the new release in any case :P

dgVoodoo shouldn't interfere with Cafeteria at all as they both do different things - Cafeteria moves around and edits the game's files whereas dgVoodoo does stuff relating to how the game actually turns its inputs into what you see on the screen.

8 hours ago, Cyrem said:

It can't come soon enough!

Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 1 Released!

Way too much has changed since the old versions, so all I'm going to say is I've made it bigger and better. A lot of stuff from the old versions was removed and now the focus is on it being a mod installer and game launcher for both LEGO Rock Raiders and LEGO Rock Raiders CE. Resolution stuff is now going to be embedded into the LRRCE project so Cafeteria needs not handle that anymore.

See the first post which has been updated.

Last of all, enjoy.

• Cyrem changed the title to Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 1 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

I get the error message (after selecting "Re-Building Game")

: Error: No Files in DataSource or DataSource folder doesn't exist.

:light1:Huzzah! A new version of Cafeteria! :D One that doesn't have annoying turn on-off mod load issues and has a mod order list! :):light2:  And with FontAwesome.Sharp.dll that font sure is looking awesome and sharp ;)

Though I noticed from initial testing that it doesn't always enable the mods you chose, but restarting Cafeteria fixed this issue. Will see if I can reproduce it (or find out if it was just my own ineptitude :P) Probably a result of upgrading an existing Cafeteria installation. Should be 100% fine.

To celebrate, have another Cafeteria patch (Extended Dynamite Countdown)! :light3:

24 minutes ago, Lego Rockfox said:

You need to install Cafeteria onto an original LRR installation for best results. Sounds like you're installing it on an installation that already has some of the folders around, just not all of them.

Also if you accidentally named a folder Cafeteria for your own purposes it probably won't like that. I just tested on a new installation and Cafeteria set itself up fine.

.... Now to see how I can break this :P

Edited by aidenpons

19 minutes ago, Lego Rockfox said:

Similar to what @aidenpons said. Don't upgrade an existing install of Cafeteria, start fresh if you can. Alternatively, you might be able to get away with renaming the Data folder to DataSource and try rebuilding again.

• Cyrem changed the title to Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 3 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.