Once we find out how to add in tracks...

Wabburio

What kind of race tracks should we add in? Personalyl I would want to get hold of the LR2 tracks and possibly put them into LR1 while also making them all more unique. Also we could add in the race tracks from the now dead Lego Universe.

What kind of tracks would be good to add in other than remaking the current ones?

I'll be creating all sorts of new tracks as soon as we can create and import geometry and collision meshes into the game. I really want to see if loops or twists are possible. The game doesn't seem to want cars to go upside down, but if we force it, what happens?

I'm not sure about themes. We obviously need a Rock Raiders tracks but I'm not worrying about the specifics just yet.

Don't we also have to draw/create new sprites or images for a new themed track (e.g. the surroundings, like the Ice Planet bases alongside the track, or moving objects like the UFO)? I'd like to see tracks of most LEGO themes (especially themes like Blacktron or Classic Space).

I've got all the assets from LU so porting its race tracks over to LR1 would really only be a matter of making whatever changes are necessary in the 3D models and such. Oh, and there's also a beta version of one of LU's tracks in there, so we could use that as well (and yes, the beta track has a removed shortcut :P ).

APERTURE SCIENCE RACEWAY

Sir, you are credit to team.

Reminds me, we could have a TF2 track.

Also I would really want to edit the Rocket Racer run so it is more suitable for a final race track. Probably feature half of the grand finale track in it along with unique pieces making up the race track featured in the LR2 intro.

I've

got all the assets from LU so porting its race tracks over to LR1 would

really only be a matter of making whatever changes are necessary in the

3D models and such. Oh, and there's also a beta version of one of LU's

tracks in there, so we could use that as well (and yes, the beta track

has a removed shortcut :P ).

Oh goodie. I want to replace that dragon from Knightmare-athon with one from Dragonmaw race track. I had an idea of extending RR's championship to include some LR2 and LU race tracks.

Overall having the LU tracks is good. We just need to find out how to port them along with adding in new racers, championships, car types from LR2, bricks from LR2 and more...

• 9 months later...

APERTURE SCIENCE RACEWAY

Sir, you are credit to team.

Reminds me, we could have a TF2 track.

Also I would really want to edit the Rocket Racer run so it is more suitable for a final race track. Probably feature half of the grand finale track in it along with unique pieces making up the race track featured in the LR2 intro.

I've

got all the assets from LU so porting its race tracks over to LR1 would

really only be a matter of making whatever changes are necessary in the

3D models and such. Oh, and there's also a beta version of one of LU's

tracks in there, so we could use that as well (and yes, the beta track

has a removed shortcut :P ).

Oh goodie. I want to replace that dragon from Knightmare-athon with one from Dragonmaw race track. I had an idea of extending RR's championship to include some LR2 and LU race tracks.

Overall having the LU tracks is good. We just need to find out how to port them along with adding in new racers, championships, car types from LR2, bricks from LR2 and more...

I think that editing original maps will just ruin them... they should stay original.

Also, I think that we should also make the map on the box... you know, this - 5704-LEGO_Racers_-_PC_CD-ROM.jpg.

No more Pirate skull pass! Replace with rocket racer track!

Rocket racer run should be a full circuit!

And there should be a circuit 0 with the test track, a sandy bay track, the dirt test track, and the desert track.

No more Pirate skull pass! Replace with rocket racer track!

Rocket racer run should be a full circuit!

And there should be a circuit 0 with the test track, a sandy bay track, the dirt test track, and the desert track.

Wat. I don't think they're going to make THAT.

Maybe we could have a Mario kart tracks, Daytona 500, A winter version of a Xalax track, Vernoica Voltage circuit, SpongeBob circuit, and a Warrior circuit.

Also, in Rocket racer circuit, all circuit champions race each other.

Maybe we could have a Mario kart tracks, Daytona 500, A winter version of a Xalax track, Vernoica Voltage circuit, SpongeBob circuit, and a Warrior circuit.

Also, in Rocket racer circuit, all circuit champions race each other.

It would certainly possible to make themed tracks for stuff like that by retexturing and world editing and stuff. As for having all circuit champions in a race, I'm not sure it's possible to have more than 5 AI racers. I haven't experimented with it much. But you can easily pick 5 of the bosses to have in RRR, if not all of them.

Unfortunately, for some reason everyone else on this forum seems to have decided that racers 2 is much more interesting and abandoned this beautifully moddable game D:

Unfortunately, for some reason everyone else on this forum seems to have decided that racers 2 is much more interesting and abandoned this beautifully moddable game D:

Well, LEGO Racers mods had their time to shine, now it's LR2's turn.

Well, LEGO Racers mods had their time to shine, now it's LR2's turn.

HERESY! LEGO Racers modding doth still continue to this day, dear fellow, it is merely a case of updates becoming more infrequent due to education prioritization and such.

Time for an update, methinks.

Oh, and with regards to the topic... If it were ever possible, I would love to create tracks with multiple paths, perhaps even intertwining with each other.

Oh, and with regards to the topic... If it were ever possible, I would love to create tracks with multiple paths, perhaps even intertwining with each other.

Do you mean LYEK DAT LEGO RACERS 2 MAZEY THINGYU? umad :P

It shouldn't be a problem really, it's like adding obstacles to one very large track part.

This should be possible theoretically as there are also invisible checkpoints for the shortcuts in several races that can be driven alternatively.

This should be possible theoretically as there are also invisible checkpoints for the shortcuts in several races that can be driven alternatively.

Are there checkpoints in LEGO Racers? No there aren't.

Are there checkpoints in LEGO Racers? No there aren't.

Patience, young padawan. Alan knows what he's talking about - there are indeed checkpoints, just not like those in LR2. The 'checkpoints' are placed all along the track but can't be seen by the player, and are used for things like the Warp boost.

As for the multiple path suggestion I made, while obstacles in lines could work nicely, I was thinking of something that separated racers a lot more. I've got the whole image of two track paths circling around each other, stuff like that :D

As for the multiple path suggestion I made, while obstacles in lines could work nicely, I was thinking of something that separated racers a lot more. I've got the whole image of two track paths circling around each other, stuff like that :D

Oooh, funky. It would be pretty nice to see, but as you said wouldn't it separate the racers a tad too much?

Oooh, funky. It would be pretty nice to see, but as you said wouldn't it separate the racers a tad too much?

Yeah, I guess, but that's the point. It wouldn't be all the time, just a small section perhaps occurring once on each track.

As for how the Warp would work, one side would be considered the shortcut (which shouldn't be an issue seeing as NPC's follow a path, which could be made through a shortcut), so it could be slightly shorter but instead have ramps or obstacles.

As for how the Warp would work, one side would be considered the shortcut (which shouldn't be an issue seeing as NPC's follow a path, which could be made through a shortcut), so it could be slightly shorter but instead have ramps or obstacles.

What does that have to do with the Warp?

That is a good idea, as you can see they kinda used it in The Grand Finale in LR2. Although because the physics are messy it didn't work out very well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.