10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter Revealed

lol username

A new set was unveiled at LEGO World Copenhagen, and it's a big one. Say hello to the Star Wars Red Five X-wing Starfighter!

The set contains 1,558 pieces, and will cost $199.99 when it's released in May 2013. Here's the official press release, courtesy of Brickset:

10240 - Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Ages 16+. 1,558 pieces.

Build the ultimate LEGO Star Wars X-wing Starfighter!

US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99 £ DK 1699.00 DKK

Collect and create the most highly detailed LEGO® Star Wars X-wing Starfighter ever produced. This iconic starfighter is featured in many of the most exciting Star Wars battle scenes, including the decisive battle scene above planet Yavin. Recreate the moment when Luke Skywalker’s X-wing delivered the proton torpedo that led to the destruction of the Imperial Death Star! With 1,558 pieces, this realistically detailed model features opening wings and cockpit, a special display stand, data sheet label and R2-D2.

Includes R2-D2 atromech droid

Features highly authentic detailing, and opening wings and cockpit

Includes 1558 pieces

Measures over 10" (26cm) high, 20" (52cm) long and 18" (46cm) wide

Includes display stand and data sheet label!

Available for sale directly through LEGO beginning May 2013 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO Stores or via phone.

More pictures can be seen in Brickset's Flickr stream.

Sources: Brickset

The official LEGO YouTube channel

I hardly know anything about Star Wars, but the wing-movement looks amazing. McStudz is right, it certainly looks bigger and more detailed than the one they did in 1999. I got that set in front of me now, and see the differences.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.