Bolt Molt 1.0

Cyrem

>gallery_1_1_47938.jpg

Download (For Cafeteria) - v1.0

Please report problems/suggestions.

Map Name: Bolt Molt

Back Story: "Rock Raiders have been drilling near to a lava lake when a sudden underground volcanic eruption occurred! The lava has risen causing the lake to overflow. We need to evacuate, but first we need to collect at least 12 crystals before we can get out of this area. You will need to hold off the lava for as long as possible. Good luck and be safe Rock Raider!"

Map Objective: Collect 12 Energy Crystals

Replaces: Level 01

Requires: Cafeteria 0.9 >

Difficulty: Hard (You'll probably be yelling at your RR's)

• Like 5

Sounds great, I'll try and it out and get back to you! :)

EDIT: I had a little play on this map. Being thrown right into the action was great, it ensured I had to think fast. I ended up shouting at my rock raiders for the fools they were... I must admit to defeat on my first attempt, I spent too much time trying to keep the lava at bay, but I'll be back ;) So, yeah, good job on this map Cyrem. I also liked the funnel layout for the lava, it made it more feasible to block the lava with power paths, and also the fact that in the end the power paths aren't enough and you have to move out. Unless I've got my strategy wrong.

• 4 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

Old topic, I know.  I just tried this out and wanted to share my opinion on it: 

Right off the bat, I went map searching to see what I was dealing with.  Once I did a quick survey, I ordered my Raiders to drill the dirt closest to the base, put a few Power Paths down in the funnel area near the lava lake, and then started blowing up walls like mad.  I did have a high ore cost for Power Paths and building upgrades, so that along with my Raiders not being able to drill loose rock made the level that much more challenging.  

One of the things I did was beam up the Teleport Pad almost immediately as its only purpose is for getting some fast ore to use.  

Looking back on my run, I think the smartest decision I made was turning clear rubble off in the priorities because it helped me micro-manage things more effectively.  

@JimbobJeffers You're strategy is correct.  What I did was build Power Paths in the caves near where the other lava flows originate and put Tool Stores down.  This way I have a high likelihood of surviving with multiple "camps."  Main reason for the new Tool Stores though is actually due to the fact that the dynamite shows up at the one closest to the walls you made requests for.  But yes, you have to move because you can't hold off the lava for very long.

Overall I found the map to be a lot of fun while at the same time quite the challenge.  

Great job on a well thought out map Cyrem!

@Slimy Slug Thanks so much for playing it through, for the review and your strategy. It's been a while but If I recall I think I did put the Teleporter there for that exact reason, but it may be a little less obvious on the first attempt.

I would like to make some similar maps in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.