The Reversed Tracks (Not Mirrored) Group Project

Fluffy Cupcake

So did you change the value unter '0'?

If yes, are you sure that the modified STARTPOS file is in the right folder of the right track?

What I did exactly was changing the xyz-coördinates of my car (k_27   0) in the STARTPOS file of RACEC0R0 (which I think is Imperial Grand Prix). All I did was changing the xz-coördinates to about 40 under k_28. Just messing around to see what the output would be. I did not change the values under '0', but now I did (made both xz-coördinates -40) and still am at default position.

If you like I can send you my unfinished modified one, as I haven't had a chance to more modding this weekend. As I said earlier it moves the player to the opposite side of the line, adjacent to it. Although I won't be able to until tomorrow evening :/

If yes, are you sure that the modified STARTPOS file is in the right folder of the right track?

What I did exactly was changing the xyz-coördinates of my car (k_27   0) in the STARTPOS file of RACEC0R0 (which I think is Imperial Grand Prix). All I did was changing the xz-coördinates to about 40 under k_28. Just messing around to see what the output would be. I did not change the values under '0', but now I did (made both xz-coördinates -40) and still am at default position.

That is the problem. You have to figure out what folder contents which track! You changed STARTPOS of Royal Knights Raceway, not from IGP. To do so, go to folder RACEC0R1!

And - see the instruction of Segatendo on page 2 - you have to change the values under '0' (not under 1,2,3,4,5 or 6) to change the player's position (in single race).

That is the problem. You have to figure out what folder contents which track! You changed STARTPOS of Royal Knights Raceway, not from IGP. To do so, go to folder RACEC0R1!

And - see the instruction of Segatendo on page 2 - you have to change the values under '0' (not under 1,2,3,4,5 or 6) to change the player's position (in single race).

Oh, I see :S. It seemed obvious to me that C0R0 meant the first track of the first circuit, that's why I did not really take a better look at what I modified. Thanks for putting me on the right track! :)

EDIT: I suppose AI positions are part of their path, and not changeable via STARTPOS?

EDIT: I suppose AI positions are part of their path, and not changeable via STARTPOS?

Yes, but this has already been told, see here:

Dang, Segatendo (or anyone else) do you know what file changes the opponent starting positions?

Opponents have their starting positions defined by their path files.

As I said I would, here's the modified startpos file. I haven't done any more editing unfortunately as I was quite busy, so I apologise, but I thought it might help Rob if your file still wasn't changing the game :)

Download link: Startpos.spb

As I said I would, here's the modified startpos file. I haven't done any more editing unfortunately as I was quite busy, so I apologise, but I thought it might help Rob if your file still wasn't changing the game :)

Download link: Startpos.spb

Oh, that's great. To which track does this SPB belong to? I still haven't figured out the angle (to twist it 180 degrees).

It's for Imperial Grand Prix. To flip the car 180 degrees I just changed the angle from a negative to a positive :3

Ofcourse, change to positive. I ought to know such things by now. Thanks.

EDIT: Looks good, but I think I would place the car a little further off the finish line. How will this position actually work with AI's? Is it when you reverse all checkpoints of the AI's path, the car automatically flips backwards?

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I still haven't moved it back completely yet. I think Segatendo said we'd need to modify the path files completely to change the opponent's car positions :/

If you're interested in finishing it up, I changed the coordinates by -32, -20, so further decreasing those values should move the player back further. However I think there's a slight left movement too.

Fluffy Cupcake

I think Segatendo said we'd need to modify the path files completely to change the opponent's car positions :/

That wasn't me, nope.

The difficultly level/most time consuming of reversing things most likely will be:

-starting positions

-checkpoints

-AI routes. I mean, did you see how much there is to change for one racer!? Probably gonna have to have everyone work on their own section in the file. Btw, did anyone notice the ghost/VV's path has half as much as the others? (not that this will likely be changed... if so it will be last on priorities)

I think Segatendo said we'd need to modify the path files completely to change the opponent's car positions :/

That wasn't me, nope.

The difficultly level/most time consuming of reversing things most likely will be:

-starting positions

-checkpoints

-AI routes. I mean, did you see how much there is to change for one racer!? Probably gonna have to have everyone work on their own section in the file. Btw, did anyone notice the ghost/VV's path has half as much as the others? (not that this will likely be changed... if so it will be last on priorities)

And if we would have all this done, we also need to change the warping direction, get rid of the 'wrong way' text, add laps when racing in reversed mode (so you can actually finish in reversed mode) and maybe change the UFO's direction and drag in Alien Rally Asteroid (as well as maybe other object paths, like the ghost in DFD and the aircraft at the start in IPP).Remember that the jungletrack (forgot its name) cannot be played in reversed mode (for players), so I guess that track won't have a big priority either.

-starting positions

-checkpoints

starting positions is not as much to do as the other things. It's kind of quickly done in contrast to the other things. If we only had a program or an addon for the GDB viewer that shows the path of the AI with a line that we just could drag and edit.

And if we would have all this done, we also need to change the warping direction, get rid of the 'wrong way' text, 

This automatically fixes when turning the checkpoints I guess. At least the wrong way text disappears

add laps when racing in reversed mode

This will probably also fix with the checkpoint direction.

change the UFO's direction and drag in Alien Rally Asteroid

Why? :D It would be cool to be accelerated to limit there :D

change the UFO's direction and drag in Alien Rally Asteroid

Why? :D It would be cool to be accelerated to limit there :D

Yes it would, but I'd still like to try and change it anyway.

Fluffy Cupcake

And if we would have all this done, we also need to change the warping direction, get rid of the 'wrong way' text,

Yeah, both of these follow checkpoints I believe. (Don't think so? Go on 2 player, and see where the other player warps on messed up checkpoints, if you can't see much difference, try a few other spots on the track), and I think the rockets/missles [which are short lived :P] powerup follows them as well.

If we only had a program or an addon for the GDB viewer that shows the path of the AI with a line that we just could drag and edit.

Yeah, if only we had an editor like the one for Mario Kart Wii that makes all that we are doing easy.... then again, it might of not been a group project if that was the case. :P

For the ARA ufo pullage, the animation for the ufo is in UFOFLY1.ADB, not sure what the .SDB of the file with the same name does... though I did get the timing off with the beam when switching it with UFOFLY2 [the ufo flying before the starting line], as for the beam animation, I haven't located that yet. (and the pull for it might be there as well... the HAZARDS.HZB file maybe?) OH WOW, the ufo pullage was easy to change, as it contained only 3 floats and that's it. In HAZARDS.HZB, go to the part that says "ufofly1" and simply put the floats negative.... hmm, I wonder if changing these can make the pull stronger/weaker. :smug:

But I also think that our work isn't done with only changing the order of the lines in the rrb files. I guess we have to figure out which lines contain which information.

I just figured out that each 'passage' is 10 lines long, after that the text in front of the values repeats.

But what to do with that information??

[which are short lived ]

definitely   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Fluffy Cupcake

I just figured out that each 'passage' is 10 lines long, after that the text in front of the values repeats.

Yeah, each file type has a certain amount of lines for every... what's it called. (like say the number in the the sqaure brackets is [939], that doesn't mean there are 939 lines, though usually a lot more)

OH WOW, the ufo pullage was easy to change, as it contained only 3 floats and that's it. It HAZARDS.HZB, go to the part that says "ufofly1" and simply put the floats negative.... hmm, I wonder if changing these can make the pull stronger/weaker. :smug:

Awesome, so we can reverse the pulling of the UFO. :P

Alright, (just to know if I'm not doing double work) shall I change the startpositions for all tracks then? I guess I may have to adjust the startpositions later to make sure I'm at the same distance off the finishline as the AI's on the back row. (I don't know if JimbobJeffers or any other has been working on other tracks yet)

(like say the number in the the sqaure brackets is [939], that doesn't mean there are 939 lines, though usually a lot more) Thank/Like

the value in square brackets "[", "]" normally tells you how many times sth. is present behind the { and }

OH WOW, the ufo pullage was easy to change, as it contained only 3 floats and that's it. It HAZARDS.HZB, go to the part that says "ufofly1" and simply put the floats negative.... hmm, I wonder if changing these can make the pull stronger/weaker. :smug:

Awesome, so we can reverse the pulling of the UFO. :P

Alright, (just to know if I'm not doing double work) shall I change the startpositions for all tracks then? I guess I may have to adjust the startpositions later to make sure I'm at the same distance off the finishline as the AI's on the back row. (I don't know if JimbobJeffers or any other has been working on other tracks yet)

If you're happy to, then please do :) Unfortunately I haven't got much done for RRU recently due to college, so I apologize - right now I'd like to focus on my Rock Racers mod if possible. But I'll help out here when I can, so keep me listed Segatendo!

Fluffy Cupcake

Since no one seems to have claimed any, nor said they were working on any, go right ahead!

But I'll help out here when I can, so keep me listed Segatendo!

Will do!

I get to know much more about how the xzy-coördinates work in the game, but the angles are giving me a headache. Although I know what every float does, I cannot yet figure out what values it would need to make the vehicle (for example) turn 10 degrees in startposition.

Anyway, what I do know (and think) is that the values for the 'angle'-floats should be 1 at max, and -1 at minimum, any value inbetween would make your vehicle turn a certain amount of degrees.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.