The Reversed Tracks (Not Mirrored) Group Project

Fluffy Cupcake

I'd vote for Imperial Grand Prix too. Not only because it is the most commonly known track of the game, but the shortcut surprises you when taking it reversed. You don't even need a cannonball or something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWNn6Vvs6wA

EDIT: This might work as well for the Alien Rally Asteroid shortcut, couldn't it be? Although I don't think you can actually get to the backside of the blockade the way you can on Imperial Grand Prix.

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh heh, yeah I knew about this for a very long time now. They never made a collision or finished off the model for the backside of the barrels because they weren't expecting you to go reverse. :P

Well, I'm nearly there with the starting positions. I'm hoping it'll be a case of a set number I can translate by, in which case I can just bump up all the coordinates by the same vector (ooh, mathematical terminology, although probably incorrectly used ;) ). I'll post it when done!

EDIT: Player is in pretty much the right position, but no matter what I change the rotation floats to he stays at the same canted angle...

I'll upload it tomorrow once I move the opponents by the same distance, I HAVE to sleep now!

If I got time, I also try to have a look at those files. Try out, change, try out, change and so on...

Hopefully I get a result so I can help you :)

Dang, Segatendo (or anyone else) do you know what file changes the opponent starting positions? I've got the player in the right position (and the right rotation*), but the opponents won't change despite me changing their coordinates several times. And I did successfully change them, as I ended up changing them with the player to ensure I wasn't making a mistake... Currently I'm just trying to edit all the different entries in the STARTPOS.SPB. Unless it works for you, in which case I must be doing something wrong :/

*I did this by simply changing the value from a negative to a positive :3 I wonder if it's meant to be a decimal rather than a number between 0 - 360.

Dang, Segatendo (or anyone else) do you know what file changes the opponent starting positions?

Opponents have their starting positions defined by their path files.

What versions of the Binary File Editor do you have? Because when I use my downloaded (1.3.4775.41358) version and try to edit a Startpos file in any way (or just resave without changing anything at all), the game says when starting the modded race: STARTPOS.SPB Syntax error 

So how do you do this or is it just my LR again that makes trouble out of nothing troubleable. ???

(...hate my LR...)

I now did but then I wonder how Jimbob could work with that tool  :?:

Edit: The problem (origamiguy says) is that my computer is saving the file in a different style. Will be fixed soon with an updated Binary F.E.

Problem fixed, thanks origamiguy ;)

Bug located. Your computer was putting a "," rather than a "." as the separator for decimals. Jimbob's computer was presumably doing a "." as I expected.

Guys, reverse only the normal tracks. Here's why:

A while back, origamiguy said that the tracks are mirrored in real time, that is, it mirrors them when you load the track. There is no separate mirrored track GDB and other files. By changing the files to race in reverse on the normal tracks, you will have also modded the files to race in reverse on the mirror tracks.

Something to think about. ;)

Dang, Segatendo (or anyone else) do you know what file changes the opponent starting positions?

Opponents have their starting positions defined by their path files.

Ah, I see, thank you. Makes perfect sense thinking about it...

At the moment the player is positioned to the front of  the line, so that the boss would be behind them, is this okay or shall I make it the usual positioning? I'll then edit the start position of the other tracks to the same specification, and upload them when done :)

Okay, I'll see if I can get the first circuit done and uploaded this weekend. Is anyone going to work on the path files? Otherwise changing the starting position of the player is a little pointless, unless you want a real challenge.

Fluffy Cupcake

I was attempting checkpoints earlier today... and now they are totally screwed up somehow. :P

Also, despite it still working in game, for some reason the file won't load in GDB viewer anymore. (Doesn't crash or anything, just nothing happens)

I also just tried to do the checkpoints. Just replaced checkpoint 1 with 61, 2 with 60, 3 with 59, ...

Then I changed the first values below k_29 to the right order (not [after the change]: 40, 60, 0, 58, 57, 56, 55, 54, ...), so these values go 1, 2, 3, ... , 56, 57, 58, 0, 60, 40

The game at least starts and I am on first position when the opponents start the race 'the right way round' and I stay at the finish line. 

When I drive the right way round (not the reversed), it says 'Wrong Way', but when I drive backwards, the sign does not appear***

*** well, it sometimes appears. I think we have to change all directions of the checkpoints. The question is: how do we know which value has to be changed to what amount/value?

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

I did sorta the same thing, I reversed positions of everything in the file (like 40 is where 1 use to be, etc), not just switched the #s around. Though I still do of course get the same problem. Of the "Wrong Way" appearing at certain parts of the course.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, it would be nice if the GDB viewer wasn't broke with modified ones so we can see the dirrection we are putting it in. >.<

I didn't just switch the numbers around, I switched all values of Checkpoint 1 with 61, 2 with 60 and so on. So it's the same you did.

I also tried to see anything in the GDB viewer but when I changed values in the 'direction' paragraph (hidden behind the // in RACE.CPB) nothing has changed in the GDB viewer... :?:

Not all to easy to figure that out.,...

I succesfully extracted and recompiled the .JAM folder after modifying the starting position of the players car (just changing the value by 100 or 200). But when I played the modified track, nothing had been changed, despite the fact that the modified .JAM is in the right folder. What am I doing wrong?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.