Nyan Cat-Athon

Jimbob

While I generally don't care much for internet memes, the rainbow colours I see when working out ripped textures inspired me to make this Nyan Cat texture mod for Knightmare-Athon. It was only put together quickly, so could be better, but ah well...

The download link is at the bottom of this post. Please install this mod using >PatchIt!.

Special thanks to le717. :thumbsup:

Screenshot:

gallery_5738_275_11118.png

Yes, those Nyan Cats are animated :3

Enjoy!

Download

Nyan Cat-Athon v1.1

PatchIt-Compatible.png

• Like 4

Can't wait for le717 to convert the music too :3

Hehe, yea.... I'll see what I can do. ;)

Haha, I had tried to add in the music, but as I posted in le717's topic, I had issues.

Maybe we should get together and make a community meme mod for LEGO Racers?

NO. NADA. NEVER.

EDIT: Oh my word... I just played this, and it has got to be the scarest mod to this game yet. Ad on top of that a near perfect audio mod (still with SFX, mind you), I just might be inclined never to play it again. :P

Next up: Nyan Cat Powerups. :P Cannonballs = Pop-tarts. :P

EDIT 2: Got the music working. Will post very soon. @JimbobJeffers, you don't mind if I help you out a little bit, do you?

NO. NADA. NEVER.

EDIT: Oh my word... I just played this, and it has got to be the scarest mod to this game yet. Ad on top of that a near perfect audio mod (still with SFX, mind you), I just might be inclined never to play it again. :P

Next up: Nyan Cat Powerups. :P Cannonballs = Pop-tarts. :P

EDIT 2: Got the music working. Will post very soon. @JimbobJeffers, you don't mind if I help you out a little bit, do you?

Haha :D Sure, what would you like to help with?

I saw the picture and thought of something completely different.

Aaah yes, makes me wish I hadn't sold off my DS and Mario Kart game.

EDIT: I can't find any pixel art for Nyan Cat's food and such, it would be a lot quicker and easier to mod this with already-created elements :/

Jimbob this is a great idea.  I wish I was as good as you in texture changing.

Thank you, but I think such a compliment is undeserving - what I do really isn't that hard! For the most part I just use Paint.NET, and paste in the textures. Of course, some elements here and there have to be modified, but I'm sure you can do it :)

For the most part I just use Paint.NET, and paste in the textures.

Wait, how do you make indexed BMPs in Paint.NET? I didn't know it could do that...

EDIT: Oh, I've got the music working, and I made a few changes to the mod. You won't mind if I add them to the mod and reupload it as the download, do you?

EDIT 2: GTG for the night, will upload tomorrow. I indexed them in Photoshop on the desktop, and I've got an old version of PS that I'll install tomorrow.

I don't know why the indexed images work, I don't remember specifically seeing an option to save as an indexed image.

I reckon it saves a file based on the file it will overwrite's file type - when creating new BMPs from ripped textures, I had to import them onto my family computer's Photoshop to index them, but when resaving or overwriting an indexed BMP, it stayed indexed.

And yes, that's fine le717, well done getting the music converted too! If there's anything else you haven't done I'll see about doing it tomorrow (I'm assuming you edited the powerups and other miscellaneous textures?).

Alright guys! Sorry for the long wait. I was away from home Saturday morning, worked on it that afternoon (but mostly setting up my laptop), had not Internet Sunday, and just finished it right now. Honestly, I am more a programmer than a graphic artist (I leave that to rio), so while I know how to do stuff, I'm slow at it and it's not always the best way. ;)

What new?

• Custom Music
  • Cannonballs are now poptarts
  • Grapping hook rope is now rainbox colored (couldn't find the grapple hook itself)
  • Lightning is same color as minimap
  • Partially rainbow warp
  • New English SRFs
  • HUD elements for new powerups

However, as I said, I'm better at programming, so there are a few bugs:

• HUD isn't the best
  • Small black border around poptart (IDK why, I did everything...

You might want to fix these soon. ;)

Download (please add this to topic post, Jimbob). I did not use Beta 1 of PatchIt!, so you'll have to install it as all mods currently are.

@, please delete the mod with the number 518560 appended to it. I forgot to remove an old file before I compressed it. Thank you. :)

Added to the original post :)

I'll definitely check this out tomorrow after college, it sounds nyan-tastic! And I'll have a look at those two bugs, although I doubt I'm the one to fix them.

Fluffy Cupcake

(couldn't find the grapple hook itself)

Yeah, when I attempt to rip both that and the missle/rockets, nothing comes up. (perhaps they use BLANK.BMP and are just coloured?)

I've uploaded a video of me racing Nyan Cat-Athon, for those of you who are too lazy to download it yourself. :P

Yea... that wasn't the best way to record this...

• 3 weeks later...

As part of the official PatchIt! Extra award, I've updated Nyan Cat-Athon to support installation with PatchIt! It can be downloaded here, I did nothing else but add support for PatchIt!

• 1 month later...

Download link updated to the latest version of PatchIt!.

Nothing else really to say.

Um, what version of PatchIt, V1.1.0 Unstable, or V1.0.3 Stable? (Same question for Rock Racers.)

Unless otherwise stated, all patches are backward and forward compatible. If you made this patch in V1.0 (like I did in the PatchIt! Extras download (I need to add more og those...)), it will work in V1.0.3, and vice-versa. So, if this update was built against V1.0.3, you had no need to do that. If you built it against V1.1.0 (PiP Format V1.1 Draft 3 ATM), you need to revert that. The new format is completely incompatible with V1.0.x, and V1.1.0 won't be out for a while. That's why there has been no new release, and why I've chosen to hold off all the major backward-incompatible changes until V1.1.0 (hehe, sounds like Python 3 compared to Python 2. :P)

O.T.

I've had to retype that last sentence three times thanks to my numpad shutting itself off. :/

Download link updated to the latest version of PatchIt!.

Nothing else really to say.

Um, what version of PatchIt, V1.1.0 Unstable, or V1.0.3 Stable? (Same question for Rock Racers.)

Unless otherwise stated, all patches are backward and forward compatible. If you made this patch in V1.0 (like I did in the PatchIt! Extras download (I need to add more og those...)), it will work in V1.0.3, and vice-versa. So, if this update was built against V1.0.3, you had no need to do that. If you built it against V1.1.0 (PiP Format V1.1 Draft 3 ATM), you need to revert that. The new format is completely incompatible with V1.0.x, and V1.1.0 won't be out for a while. That's why there has been no new release, and why I've chosen to hold off all the major backward-incompatible changes until V1.1.0 (hehe, sounds like Python 3 compared to Python 2. :P)

O.T.

I've had to retype that last sentence three times thanks to my numpad shutting itself off. :/

Both patches were updated to V1.0.3, I didn't realise there was no need... Actually I seem to remember you saying that now.

Well, no harm done :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.